From the Back Cover
You don't need to be intimidated by microbiology, stumbling block to many a health sciences student. Now anyone can master the world of tiny little critters -- without expensive tutors, unlimited time, or a genius IQ. In Microbiology Demystified, health sciences professor Tom Betsy and Demystifed series veteran Jim Keogh provide an effective and painless way to learn and review microbiology. You'll cover the core material of a standard textbook -- without the confusion and frustration.
With Microbiology Demystified, you master the subject one step at a time -- at your own speed. Unlike most books on microbiology, general concepts are presented first -- and the details follow. This unique self-teaching guide gives you a quiz at the end of each chapter to reinforce learning and pinpoint weaknesses -- and a 100-question "final exam" to review the entire book.
This heavily illustrated and entertaining self-teaching tool gives you everything you need to:
- Painlessly master all major microbiology concepts, in the order they are taught by standard texts
- Decipher complex terms and ideas, with a fun, easy-to-read format
- Learn microbiology from an expert teacher partnered with a writer who takes the student's point of view
- Conquer single-celled and multicellular microorganisms
- Get friendly with viruses, viroids, prions, fungi, algae, and more
- Learn microbes' role in disease and disease transmission
- Find out about the immune response and drugs that combat microbial infections
- Take a "final exam" and grade it yourself!
A fast, effective, and fun way to learn microbiology, Microbiology Demystified is the perfect shortcut to a deeper understanding of the world of super-small creatures and their role in health and disease.
About the Author