5.0 out of 5 stars simply amazing! the best!
Published on June 13, 2011 by kittycity

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed...As as sharp as earlier version
This file is just "ok". I bought the exact same model from QVC about 5 years ago. I loved it. After years of use, it got worn and wasn't doing it's job. I bought this one from Amazon (QVC doesn't sell them anymore). It's exactly as dull as my old one used for years. I was disappointed, because I was really looking forward to filing my feet. The hardness of my feet hasn't...
Published on May 20, 2012 by Blue Tahoe Girl

5.0 out of 5 stars simply amazing! the best!, June 13, 2011
This review is from: Microplane Foot File XL-Pro Dual Cartridge Teal (Misc.)
this is the best cure for cracked heels i have ever found. and i have tried them all! diamancel callous conqueror doesn't even come close! the ped egg things are useless. i've tried all those urea creams, useless! where has the microplane foot file been all my life? it takes the callouses down in mere seconds. my arm used to get sore from feverishly filing for minutes with the diamancel, and it was not nearly as effective. but it was the best that i found until this! best $22 i've spent in my life i'm pretty sure!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing! My feet are finally smooth!, October 23, 2011
This review is from: Microplane Foot File XL-Pro Dual Cartridge Teal (Misc.)
I always walk around with bare feet and they are pretty beaten up. I don't go for pedicures and my feet were starting to feel like sandpaper. I tried the foot files found in drugstores but they didn't seem to work. Then I discovered the Microplane Foot File. It is pricier than the drugstore versions, but totally worth it.

I use it briefly every day & press it lightly on my skin. My feet feel terrific! It's tempting to use a lot of pressure on those really rough patches, but my advice is to use it gently & you should see amazing results.

I absolutely love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, August 22, 2011
This review is from: Microplane Foot File XL-Pro Dual Cartridge Teal (Misc.)
Purchased this for my husbands cracked and painful heels. This worked like magic. We hadn't seen live skin on his heels in years and one shot with this foot file did the trick. He can't believe how soft his feet feel and he's no longer in pain!

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific, January 16, 2013
Jennifer (Pittsboro, IN, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Microplane Foot File XL-Pro Dual Cartridge Teal (Misc.)
I had a Microplane foot file for years and had noticed that it was starting to dull. So I purchased a new one. The foot file works as expected, effortlessly removing hard tissue. However, the part that I am very pleasantly supprised about is the buffing plate. I didn't know what it was and wasn't planning to use it, I just wanted a new file. I read the instructions and realized it's a buffing plate so I gave it a whirl. Normally after using the file I have to shower then use traditional foot files (like a giant nail file) to smooth things out as the file can rough things up when removing the callous. This time I followed up with the buffing plate and was VERY impressed. My feet are smooth. With no endless rubbing with a giant nail file. :) A quick buff and all the little rough bits disappeared. So happy with this purchase.

PSA, just to echo just about every other review...be very careful with the file plate. It's SHARP and will quickly remove your callous and start eating into tender tissue. I actually could use almost NO pressure and just let the weight of the file work as I moved it back and forth to remove my tough areas.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the one!, February 20, 2013
This review is from: Microplane Foot File XL-Pro Dual Cartridge Teal (Misc.)
I've owned and used several of this sort of thing over the years, but this one stands head and shoulders above all the others. The size is great - the handle is big enough to get a good grip on, and the large head covers a lot of area more quickly. The additional buffing head is a good addition; my feet came out nice and smooth and ready to slather with lotion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it! Buy one!, October 29, 2013
This review is from: Microplane Foot File XL-Pro Dual Cartridge Teal (Misc.)
I love this thing! I have been on a search for the perfect foot file and this is it. I tried the Ped Egg--quit using that because like a lot of other reviewers, I found that the replacement files were often dull right out of the box. I thought it was my imagination but when i saw that a bunch of others had the same experience, I knew it was true. Then I tried the Revlon Pedi Expert, but got annoyed with that because they don't even sell replacement files--you keep having to buy a whole new kit that comes with nail clippers. What am I gonna do with bunches of nail clippers? So when I saw that Microplane, which makes the famous cheese grater, makes foot files, I went for it. And on their website, you can buy just the replacement files.

I didn't think I would like having this file with a handle, but the handle is curved and quite comfortable. I think it helps keep you from pressing too hard too. These foot "graters" work like a charm but you do have to be careful not to get overzealous. If you press way too hard or keep filing after you've already taken off most of the old, tough skin, you will be in the danger zone. Use on dry skin.

I live in AZ and live in flip flops (yay Tkees!) so my feet have to look nice. And these make your feel nice too. They feel much more sensual without all that dead skin on them. Your feet feel nice and smooth when you slip on your socks, move your feet under your bed sheets, etc. You can ask your partner for a foot massage with confidence.

Men please get this and take care of your heels. I like manly men but crusty hard heels are gross. This is just part of basic grooming. It will not make you less of a man. And since you don't have to go into a salon to have this done, you can take care of it in the privacy of your own bathroom.

Oh, this also comes with a neat little buffing file, like I have never used before but it works great too. Use the shaver/grater file first to get rid of the crustiness, and the buffing file second to smooth things out and give you the perfect finishing touch. This buffing step is actually quite important, because once you remove the dry skin with the shaver file, that is when you need to be careful. If you keep going with the shaver file you will start scraping at the newer skin and that is where you go too far and hurt your feet. So use the buffer file to get rid of those last traces of dead skin.

I love this. It's worth the money, trust me. So many times I see strangers out in public and see their nasty heels and wish I could tell them there's a way to get rid of that, but of course you can't do that. But if that's YOU, here is your solution.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, July 2, 2013
This review is from: Microplane Foot File XL-Pro Dual Cartridge Teal (Misc.)
I have the dead skin to prove it. Use this and put some lotion and socks on before bed and you will see wonderful results for those nasty cracked heals!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the extended handle, July 17, 2013
This review is from: Microplane Foot File XL-Pro Dual Cartridge Teal (Misc.)
This file is great for using on other people's feet. The long handle makes it easy to access their foot when you are in a awkward position. It takes off most of the hard calloused areas on the feet. It does need a refining file to smooth the heels after removal of the hard skin.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love the Microplane!, July 8, 2013
This review is from: Microplane Foot File XL-Pro Dual Cartridge Teal (Misc.)
The microplane is very effective but gentle to use as long as I am careful not to overdo it. I have had other "scrapers" that either gouge the skin or barely take off any callous but this one is great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Professional Foot File, March 12, 2013
This review is from: Microplane Foot File XL-Pro Dual Cartridge Teal (Misc.)
This is a hardy tool to have in your self care spa set. Excellent . Very well built indeed :)

Microplane Foot File XL-Pro Dual Cartridge Teal