From the Publisher
This text offers a comprehensive, integrated treatment of both the hardware and software aspects of the microprocessor, focusing on the 8085 microprocessor family to teach the basic concepts underlying programmable devices. It does not assume any background in programming.
--This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
From the Back Cover
Microprocessor Architecture, Programming, and Applications with the 8085 provides a comprehensive treatment of the microprocessor, covering both hardware and software based on the 8085 microprocessor family.
The fifth edition, divided into three parts, presents an integrated approach to hardware and software in the context of the 8085 microprocessor. Part I focuses on microprocessor architecture, the 8085 instruction set, and interfacing, and Part 11 introduces programming. Part 111 integrates hardware and software concepts from the earlier sections in interfacing and designing microprocessor-based products. In-depth coverage of each topic is provided, from basic concepts to industrial applications, and illustrated by numerous examples with complete schematics. Learning of the material is reinforced by practical-application assignments. New and updated information includes:
- The most recent technological changes and a block diagram of the Microprocessor-Controlled Temperature System (MCTS).
- A programming model of the 8085 processor and its instruction set.
- Additional explanation and expansion of blocks in the MCTS.
- An additional interfacing application in the context of MCTS.
- The latest technological changes in 32- and 64-bit microprocessors.
A free Instructor's Manual (ISBN 0-13-034001-4) is available to instructors using this book for a course.