From the Publisher
From the Back Cover
The sixth edition of Microprocessors and Microcomputers: Hardware and Software provides a comprehensive introduction to the concepts, principles, and techniques of microprocessors and microprocessor-based systems. The book focuses on the elements and features of the popular and powerful 68HC 11.
This edition retains all of the valuable learning aids of the previous editions, including:
- Extensive use of clearly explained illustrated examples.
- Clear, uncluttered diagrams and flowcharts.
- A glossary of key terms within each chapter.
- Thorough coverage of troubleshooting, supported by the use of illustrated case studies throughout the book.
- An extensive appendix containing a detailed description of each of the 68HC11's available instructions.
A major enhancement to this new edition is the use of additional photos, illustrations, and exercises to help explain concepts. There has also been a significant increase in the number of chapter review questions, problems, and troubleshooting exercises. Answers to selected problems are provided at the end of the book.
Instructors who are' using this book for a course should obtain the accompanying Instructor's Manual (ISBN 0-13060905-6).