Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on November 17, 2011
I've used several Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 keyboards as well as the split Natural keyboard. I bought the 3000 to use for work at my programming job.

The first few days that I used the 3000, I wasn't sure if I going to like it. It was a little rough, but nowhere near the shock of getting used to the Natural keyboards. I spent the first couple of days mistyping somethings, but I'm used to it now.

A few points:

* Typing is very quiet. I work in an open area with others, so I like that I'm not making a lot of noise.

* There's not a lot of tactile feedback. Pretty much the opposite of the old IBM PS/2 keyboards. That took a little while to get used to, but the smoothness and quiet makes it worth it.

* The keyboard feels much more solid and the keys don't feel as cheap and unsure as they did on the 2000.

* My main complaint of the 2000 was the noisy, sloppy, piece of junk space bar. This is fixed in the 3000. The space bar is quiet and tight -- it feels like all the other keys.

* It is a nice space saver.

* I really like the placement of the delete key.

* My beloved calculator key and volume keys are there, but this time they don't take up so much real estate!
33 comments|121 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 29, 2011
Was using an Apple Aluminum Wired Keyboard MB110LL/A but turned out to be quite uncomfortable. Picked this as I was looking around and I remember the old Natural Keyboard being nice, if a little hefty.
The keyoard is compact, and light. The keys have a good feel and the curve and the bulge in the middle is very comfortable. Note that there is no gap between the arrow keys and the numeric keypad.
Really liking it.
on December 4, 2011
Microsoft usually has made quality hardware products. The problems with this keyboard came as a surprise to me. I had picked it up for less than $20 at a local Radio Shack. Like other reviewers I had several keys that stopped responding after about a month. On my keyboard these were F, G and C. Using compressed air temporarily solved the problem but it would always return. Once this problem became permanent, this keyboard was sent to the recycle bin. I now have a no-fuss corded Logitech K120 keyboard. It has been without any problems and is recommended for a similar type of keyboard but with a better feel and without the mechanical problems of the Microsoft Comfort Curve 3000.
44 comments|36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 6, 2012
All in all, this is a well designed keyboard that helps my hand positions. I want to mention some details to supplement some of the other comments floating around.

The GOOD: Ergonomics and OSX Compatibility

The nice thing about the keyboard is that the curve on the Y and Z axis really seem to improve the positions of my wrists as opposed to the traditional keyboard. I used to have a Microsoft Natural Keyboard but that thing is particularly large. This is a good solution if size is of concern. It sits low on the desk and doesn't have the large wrist supporting frame like the Natural Keyboard. This works for me. I find that the profile of the keyboard and my wrists/arms on desk position are natural.

That said, ergonomics have a lot to do with not just the keyboard but the desk and chair you use. I am using an Ikea Galant desk that is height adjustable and a Herman Miller Mirra task chair. I have both adjusted so that my posture is planted pretty optimally, with my elbows 90 degrees to my sitting position, resting on the arm rests and the desk height level with my arm/hands. My arms are comfortably horizontal when approaching the keyboard. Before this, my desk was too high forcing my arms into a "snake ready to strike" / hook-like position which was starting to hurt. It's good to prevent RSI.

Mac OS X somewhat compatible: Most keyboards will work sans the extra functionality of special keys. I wasn't expecting the play, volume up and down buttons to work but they do! (The calculator button doesn't do much and the num lock doesn't seem to work, so I guess 3/5)

The BAD: Possibly key press feel, number pad or not to number pad

I just recently purchased this product and my opinion on this is still in the air. The main issue I have with this keyboard is the feel of the key press / tactile feedback. It is quite mushy. I come from both Mac, Dell, and Microsoft keyboards and this one has a very damp, muted key press feel rather than a crisp one. Imagine putting a piece of felt underneath your keys. That's the best way I can describe it. As a consequence, the keys feel heavy. It is quiet though. I'll have to give it a week or so of use to see if I can get used to it.

The second problem (that I can't solve) is the number pad or not number pad question. Actually it has less to do with the number pad and more to do with what is between the num pad and regular keys, the arrow keys. Since I use this for programming, I need to use the arrow keys a LOT to navigate my code. A full-sized arrow key set is nice. If you want full-sized arrow keys, usually this means a full sized keyboard. However, the inclusion of a num pad leaves little desk space immediately in front of me for my mouse and mouse pad. Thus my mouse is way off to the right and I have to shift the keyboard and mouse left when I want to use it naturally. With a chopped off keyboard like the Mac bluetooth keyboard, my mouse resides in that position that would otherwise be taken by the num pad. This is more natural and productive. But then I have to deal with a small arrow key pad.

You can't win at everything and I suppose you need to make compromises somewhere but these are some of the issues I've run into.

The OTHER:

Some people complimented that this keyboard is small. It's not that small. As a matter of fact it's a tad bigger than my non-ergonomic Dell keyboard which includes a numeric pad. Being a full featured keyboard with num pad, it is of course larger than keyboards without. If you're a gamer, like mentioned the WASD layout is out of whack. I use this mostly for programming and so for touch type it's pretty comfortable.

The bottom line is that as a heavy typer, this keyboard is designed pretty well. Certain issues like the key feel could make or break it for you but it's also something that you can probably get used to. For $13 purchase price, you can't go wrong and it's a cheap price to pay compared to treatment of RSI.
on April 8, 2013
For many years I used the Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard, also by Microsoft, and I like it. This new one is junk. The key action is far too stiff, and the key spacing far too tight. Almost immediately my hands began to cramp and my wrists started hurting. I'm sad, because the shape was always a good compromise between the 'straight' keyboards (which are painful to use) and the 'split' keyboards (which drive me nuts). Save the money and get a better keyboard.
on November 18, 2011
There are great key points already hit in the other four and five star reviews, but I would love to add one thing. "This has got to be the quietest keyboard I have ever used." I have a pet peeve with loud keyboards. They are like nails on a chalk board. I can type super fast without hearing one button click.

I do not use Windows, so I was happy to see all of the controls, such as the volume buttons, worked perfectly with Ubuntu 11.04 and Ubuntu 11.10.
on April 13, 2013
Microsoft discontinued the 2000 and this keyboard is a pretty sad successor for it. The build quality is lower than the 2000, with the most noticeable impact being the LACK OF HEIGHT ADJUSTMENT LEGS. The 2000 let you prop up the back with legs for a more comfortable angle, this one lacks them -- a feature available on $5 junk keyboards. The keys feel substantially cheaper and have a very strange vertical alignment that makes ASDW gameplay awkward. The 2000 was a perfect working/gaming combo keyboard. The 3000 is neither.

I can't say it's 100% bad because the price is resonably low and because of a good experience I had with Microsoft warranty support when one of my previous 2000's went bad. They also kept the calculator popup button; smart move.
on March 4, 2013
When I spilled water on my Microsoft 2000, I needed to order another keyboard. I like having the comfort keys (slightly angled) better for wrist support. Well the 2000 is no longer offered, so I got the 3000, logical choice.. correct. Ummm, nope. This keyboard design is ridiculous! I am all for comfort keys, but there is a difference between slightly moving the keys and radically changing them! I've had it 3 days and ready to throw it against the wall!. I am a good traditional typer (do not look at keyboard and all fingers in motion). This however is the typo keyboard, because nothing is logically in the right place. There is a weird bubble (look closely at the pictures) that raises the "middle " of this keyboard... but wait its not exactly the middle, its more like the left middle (??)so we have 5/6 at the highest, rty at highest fgh at the highest, and a barely perceptible BN at the highest. Very awkward design and layout, which is not intuitive.

The delete key is now bigger (moving out a common key to make the delete key double sized. The cap lock key is also extra big (why?) My fingers have never hurt more... either the layout or the constant searching for the keys.. or backspace/deleting typos. I've already ordered another keyboard because this one is absolutely a waste of money!!
After about a month's use, I've been pleased with the performance and comfort of this curved keyboard.

Here are some of the other curved models I looked at (feel free to skip this part as this is just extra info):
Logitech's K350 - comfortable but keys are loud and has too many needless media keys)
Microsoft Wireless comfort desktop 5000 - This keyboard is perfect. It's quiet and the keys are uniquely sized for comfort. But, it also came with a mouse. So I didn't want to pay for a mouse I didn't need. If you're looking for a keyboard and mouse bundle, look no further than the Microsoft Wireless Comfort 5000.
Microsoft Natural Keyboard Elite - Love the split keyboard style. The keyboard's a bit clunky and the keys aren't very quiet though.

Alright, now on with this Microsoft Comfort Curve Keyboard 3000. In summary, this keyboard is very quiet, comfortable, is slim and stylish, and the keys feel suppressed.

Quiet - The keys are low-profile and generally is very quiet. Though this keyboard is nowhere close to the quietness of the Logitech diNovo keyboards, this keyboard is comparable in quietness, especially with the price.

Comfortable - From the top (function keys) to the bottom (spacebar, start button), the keyboard is shaped like a mountain and peaks at around the "t" key. This gives it a natural resting position. I also like that the on the right edge of the Caps lock button, there is a dip that lets my right pinky finger rest.

Slim and stylish - The keyboard is very slim and has a nice glossy finish around the perimeter of the keyboard. Black and shiny. The USB chord is also very thick and feels durable.

Feel of the keys - I love to type fast and I found myself having to repeat some keystrokes. It's better now since I've adjusted to this keyboard. But, the feel of the keys still remains. It feels suppressed. It's almost as if the keys don't spring up back as quickly so I can input the next keystroke. I usually type anywhere in the 90 - 100 wpm range. With this keyboard, I accurately type in the 80 - 90wpm range.

This is a comfortable and quiet curved keyboard with great value. If you're looking for a basic keyboard that has the curved comfort, this is an excellent option.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon September 5, 2014
Comparison between Microsoft Comfort Curve Keyboard 3000 vs. 2000 (older model)

WHATS SPECIAL ABOUT THESE TWO:
------------------------------------

For those of us not ready to go to the "even more ergonomic" keyboards (with more pronounced keyboard rise and more keyboard sides separation and angles), both the original MS Comfort Curve Keyboard 3000 and the older 2000 get you SOME OF THE ERGONOMIC BENEFITS without going all the way. It's an ergonomic baby step, and I'm very glad they have it.

Both have a very similar key layout making the 3000 a worthy successor to the 2000.

SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCES:
---------------------------

(1) The 2000 is a FLAT keyboard with a gentle curve of the keys. The 3000 has the same gentle curve of the keys but has a SLIGHT RISE in the middle of the keys, like a gently sloping little hill. The 3000 keyboard rise to the middle is more ergonomically correct allowing wrists to not be parallel to the desk, though users will have to decide what feels best to them. In the spirit of this ergonomic baby step the rise isn't that steep however it is certainly noticeable.

This rise is by far the biggest difference, so much so I wish they also had the option of another wired comfort curve keyboard without the hill in the middle so we have the choice.

(2) The SPACEBAR on the 2000 is quite loud, while the spacebar on the 3000 is much quieter. I've tried several 2000 keyboards and they all have this louder spacebar clack sound. If you work closely with others or use your keyboard at a coffee shop or library type atmosphere this can be an issue. While all the keys appear quieter on the 3000, it is the spacebar where the difference is very noticeable.

LESS SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCES:
--------------------------------

(3) There are slight key layout changes, for example:

- Letter keys get 1/4"-1/2" less total horizontal real estate depending on row and thus some letter keys are skinnier
- Much more space between Caps Lock and the letter keys
- Much longer Shift keys
- Slightly bigger Tab, Enter keys
- Slightly longer, much skinnier spacebar
- Skinnier escape and function keys, though just as wide.

(4) The 2000 had height adjustable legs (well, one alternative position), the 3000 does not. Some folks liked that option enough to mourn its loss in comments, however I never used them. The elimination of the leg adjustment is probably to keep wrists from needing to bend up more.

(5) The 3000 takes up less desk space than the 2000, I prefer its smaller space grab, though I'm okay with the size of the older 2000, too.

WHY A WIRED KEYBOARD:
-------------------------

There is sometimes less noticeable intermittent lag with wired keyboards than some wireless keyboards, so some folks prefer wired. Wired keyboards also obviously don't require batteries.