If you need help crunching numbers using Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Excel 2000 Bible
can take novices or spreadsheet converts to an intermediate level and set regular users well on the road to mastery. So well-organized it could almost be a tutorial, the Bible
starts with the basics of spreadsheet creation and navigation and moves on to cover weightier topics like sharing work, publishing data on the Web, and analysis using pivot tables.
You won't have any trouble finding everything you need, and when you do, the text and illustrations will show you the steps necessary to set your data to work. Unfortunately, it doesn't go into quite enough detail on the more advanced topics like Visual Basic programming, but for all but the mightiest data-jockeys it has plenty.
The accompanying CD-ROM has lots to keep you busy too: the complete text of the book, over 30 Excel utilities, custom worksheet functions, and even (why not?) a bunch of games. The 32-page Quick Start book will have you mucking about in spreadsheets in short order. As an overall package, the Microsoft Excel 2000 Bible is hard to beat. --Rob Lightner
From the Back Cover
If Excel can do it, you can do it too...
You, too, can excel -- especially with expert advice from one of the country's leading authorities on spreadsheet software. Whenever you get stuck or need to learn something you've never done before, turn to Microsoft(r) Excel 2000 Bible. With plenty of examples and little-known tips, John Walkenbach guides you step-by-step through the entire program -- from basic cell formatting to the exciting new Web capabilities of Excel 2000.
Inside, you'll find complete coverage of Excell 2000
* Simplify repetitive tasks using formulas and functions
* Illustrate your data with charts, drawings, maps, and other graphics
* Consolidate and juggle multiple worksheets in a single workbook
* Share documents with a workgroup across a corporate intranet or the internet
* Save worksheets as HTML documents and publish them on your Web page
* Import data from other databases or Office applications using queries
* Analyze data with pivot tables or "What if" scenarios, Goal Seeking and Solver, or the Analysis ToolPak
* Automate Excel using templates, VBA macros, and custom worksheet functions and dialog boxes
Fully functional trial version of Power Utility Pack 97 on CD-ROM, with
* 31 utilities
* 40 custom worksheet functions
* Enhanced shortcut menus
* Games for Excel
* Adobe Acrobat Reader
* Electronic version of Internet Directory from Internet Bible
* PDF Version of the full book
* WinZip 7.0 Evaluation Version
MindSpring Internet Access and Netscape Communicator also included!