Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-1 of 1 reviews(1 star). Show all reviews
on January 17, 2012
I don't really see what people think is so great about this book.

I bought this book so I wouldn't have to do a google-search on every darn Exchange 2010 issue that pops up. And a lot do pop up. Microsoft seems to have gone out of its way to be cryptic and counter-intuitive with this product.

So I bought the book, based largely on the reviews, and you know what? I still have to do a google-search on every darn Exchange 2010 issue that pops up.

90% of the material in this book is of this variety:

"To open a file, click on the FILE menu pulldown and choose OPEN" I'm not quoting from the book, here, I'm just saying that's the level of information that the book is chock full of: Explanations of the obvious with nothing deeper sewn in.

Example: Try setting up a DAG based on this book only, without once going to the internet. I dare you. I double-dare you.

Also, one of the reasons I bought this book was somewhere I got the idea that it would provide a lot of information on the use of powershell cmdlets. It doesn't.

Oh, some are in there, yes. But not all in one place, not all in one list... not "all" at all.

Want to learn more about cmdlets? Once again, go to the internet. (Although even there, good luck.)

There might be a book that's got them all in one place. But this is not that book.
55 comments| 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse