Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Grocery Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

Showing 1-10 of 26 reviews(3 star). Show all reviews
on April 26, 2016
I loved this game but my old lap top died with windows 7 I worked perfectly with joystick it was awesome. I only wished I knew how to make this work in my new pc w? win 10. it loads up but wont start..awesome grafics real time. great plane selection. maybe I'm just not savvy enough
on September 8, 2014
MS Flight Simulator X Professional (FSX Pro) is far superior to this 2004. Graphics are so much better. However, FSX Pro totally SUCKED on my Win 7 Professional 64 Bit (tons of artifacts). If your are running 2004 on XP 64, FSX Pro should do well. I re-installed FSX Pro onto another drive using Win XP 64 Pro to get it to work decently. Graphics are nice on the XP. Equipment: Win XP 64 Pro, 2 Gb GPU, 16 Gb RAM, AMD 4-Core. Win 7 used the same GPU, CPU, & RAM.
on February 13, 2014
I haven't been able to use the game because my computer crashes. I have windows 7 home ppremium.
Processor is Intel Pentium R B950 @ 2.10 GHZ
B950 @ 2.10 GHZ
4.2x Ghz Processor
RAM. 4.00 GB
System Type. 64 BIT operating System
It would be helpful if you would give the minimum requirements for this program. I intend to purchase a seperate hard drive to see if that works. Not happy about that.
ACPI X64 base pc
Soundvideo and game controller INTEL (R) DISPLAY AUDIO 4.6
REALTEK HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO
Primary harddrive 446GBTotal 381 GBFree
on December 12, 2009
I picked this up for 15 bucks at an electronics store..First thoughts it was great and still 3 years on it is still a great game because you can constantly add-on other sceneries, Planes,Cars and even Boats! This game is very addicting.

Pros:
-Travel the whole world!
-The Special Edition allows you to re-create many famous historical flights from Charles Lindbergh, Amelia Eirhardt, and many other famous pilots and their journeys
-The limit-less add-ons found online

Cons:
-The Physics for the helicopters is VERY GLITCHY! One second you are at 100 feet then in 5 seconds you are spiraling upwards hundreds of feet per second
-I use it on a Windows XP Computer and i have had some minor problems with it, I neccesary file is actually deleting itself everytime i use the game!
-Some of my friends had trouble loading it on their computers because of the install process

***Final Note*** Dont buy fs2004 because it has some glitches that were fixed in the updated Gold Version of Flight Simulator 10(FSX) and last time i checked it wasnt that much more for the newer version
on June 2, 2015
I was a never a fan of flight simulator games till I purchased this as I am more into strategy games. This was very entertaining, the graphics left much to be desired though, although for 2004 it seems adequate. You need a good computer to run this, pay attention to recommended requirements, not the minimum.
on February 8, 2008
Product installed out of the box crashes and after initial run of Flying Lessons, closes program each time Flying Lessons is selected.
Working with tech support provided a 3 step process to each time Flight Simulator is loaded. A Selective Startup IPL is required to run to eliminate ALL background programs. After running the game, a Normal Startup restart is required to return the computer to normal operation.

Microsoft should include these instructions up front in the installation instructions instead of leaving it to each purchaser to discover the system environment required to run the program. Once beyond this, great scenery, wide range of aircraft, and complete flying lessons as well as ground training on theory of flying.
on February 26, 2014
Easy to install. I had a few issues while using it, but I am not sure if it is the game or the computer I am using to play it on. For the most part the game is very enjoyable.. I am sure there are now up dated versions, but I purchased this to be compatible with the yoke and rudder controls, which I already had. I would recommend purchasing it.
on February 21, 2010
I previously owned this game and played it for 4 years before it froze up a year ago and would not play anymore. I recently received a Civil Air Patrol game as a gift and in order to run that game I had to purchase the FS2004 again. My problem with FS2004 is that the game does not line you up with the airport runway when you are trying to land. The headings are off so I have to pause the game and check on the position of the plane in relation to the glide path to line the plane up with the runway. Also, at about 3PM in the northeast, when it is still daylight, if I fly out of northeast airports it is already dark on the game and I have a night flight. That happens even if I correct the time on the game before I fly. I think there should be more correct time of day in relation to the time on the game. If it is 4PM and the sun is out, then it should be daylight on the game, and not dark. Also, there should be a button on the game where the diagram of the entire airport shows up so you can see the runways and their numbers. If I contact a small airport to land and the game voice tells me to land at runway #36, how do I know where runway 36 is unless I fly over the airport and try to find the number myself?
Also, when I get clearance from the tower to land and I am about 300 ft. from the runway, suddenly the tower tells me to go around because there is another plane on the runway. I ignore the command and land anyway. Too late tower!! Why does the game put another plane on the runway when I had clearance to land? If I am ready to take off the tower tell me to hold short because of an incoming plane. It does not put me on the runway. Otherwise I am satisfied with the game.
on April 5, 2008
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of FlightTrying to fly a flight from point A to point B I find it difficult to change radio navigation frequencies with no radio panels available. Try to use pause command and then shift 2 to get the radio panels with no successful results. The pitch trim{up or down)does not work like the real world. Must continue to hold up or down elevator force. I had Flight Simulator 98 before and I fill it was more user friendly.
on August 23, 2007
Bought this product as I like all flight sims. It is good. I look forward to MS coming out with another MS Flight Simulator with aircrafts like the Baron 58 and ATR-42, and a few other prop aircrafts.Something totally different, aircraft wise.

This package lives up to expectations and the improvements over the previous MS Flight Sims is huge. Really enjoyed flying the Baron 58 aircraft as I used to own one previously.