Microsoft Kinect for Windows includes Kinect for Windows sensor, USB/Power supply cable, Manual. NOTE: The sensor unit does not ship with any software and will only operate with an application developed for Kinect for Windows. Not for Gaming Use. Use the Kinect for Windows SDK to build applications with C++, C# or Visual Studio Basic by using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010. What availability of this product will do is facilitate the ability of developers and commercial customers to explore the limitless opportunities to transform products, processes, and businesses. Three important points regarding Kinect for Windows: This product is not the same product as Kinect for Xbox 360 product, and is not intended for use with Xbox 360s. This is not a consumer product. This is a Kinect development product for Windows, intended for commercial clients and developers. This product requires an application developed for Kinect for Windows in order to operate.
• Utilize Kinect skeletal-tracking, sophisticated microphone array, and other sensor technologies
• Explore the limitless opportunities to transform products, processes, and businesses
• Link computers to Kinect devices running Windows 7 and Windows 8 Developer Preview
• Run applications built with the Kinect for Windows Commercial Software Development Kit (SDK)
• Use the Kinect for Windows SDK to build applications with C++, C#, or Visual Studio Basic by using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
The Kinect for Windows sensor unit is intended to be used with the following:
• Kinect for Windows Commercial SDK
• An application that was developed using the Kinect for Windows Commercial SDK and associated runtime software.
Note: The sensor unit does not ship with any software, and will only operate with an application developed for Kinect for Windows.
What’s in the Box
• Kinect for Windows sensor
• USB/power supply cable
• Safety Manual - includes Safety Information, Warranty Information, Customer Support Contact information
• 32 bit (x86) or 64 bit (x64) processor
• Dual-core 2.66-GHz or faster processor
• Dedicated USB 2.0 bus
• 2 GB RAM
• Requires Windows 7 or Windows Embedded Standard 7
Legal Copy The Kinect for Windows Commercial Software Development Kit is licensed to users and not sold. Using the SDK requires acceptance of software license agreement available in the product manual. You accept these terms by using the Kinect for Windows sensor. You may not copy or reverse engineer the software. This product is not for use with the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system. Warranty terms available in enclosed product manual.