4.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother reading the other reviews....
So, after using Microsoft Money Plus Home and Business, I found it to be a rather robust program. The reporting methods, categorizing, connections into the financial institutions, etc. are excellent. I have been a user of both quicken (for business) and money (for personal) for years. I am glad they have finally merged the two properly.

It meets the needs of...
Published on August 1, 2008 by lucky#13

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy! MS Money is now "sunset"ed and free from MS
Published on December 22, 2011 by yukonzach

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother reading the other reviews...., August 1, 2008
This review is from: Microsoft Money Plus Home and Business [Old Version] (CD-ROM)

It meets the needs of my small business as well as my personal finance and investments. I would recommend to anyone.

As for the review from C:
I am finding the user rating system on Amazon becoming less and less useful by the day. Charles gives the software a bad rating, not because of his experience with the functionality of the product, but the time line in which the BETA and the production version were released. There are reasons why they call it BETA and you should have known the risks prior to using it as a production software. Just because Microsoft didn't release the final version prior to your BETA trial running out, you mark the software with 1 star. As for the claim that it doesn't let you convert the data to Quicken or Money 2006 is flat out wrong, I have been able to do both (I guess that must have been one of the features not available in the BETA version). Additionally, why are you writing a review on here if you haven't purchased the FULL VERSION of the product. In actuality, you didn't use the software on which you are reviewing, you were using a BETA version.

Finally, I am tired of hearing users complain about MS and how Vista and Office 2007 are bad products just because they weren't adept enough to figure it out and were unwilling to hit the F1 key and read. Enough of my rant, hopefully others are getting sick of this on these reviews as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Microsoft Money Plus Home and Business, August 18, 2008
I have used Microsoft Money for many years. I ordered Microsoft Money Plus Home and Business to upgrade my current version, Money 2003. If you want to organize your finances in one place and have the power to plan for the future, this is the product for you. The automatic secure online backup and integration with Microsoft Passport are two of my favorite features. Other features include sections for Investing (with live stock price tracking, etc.), Reports, Taxes, and Planning, to name a few. This version of Money is even more user-friendly than previous versions, which were already excellent as they were, in my opinion.

4.0 out of 5 stars Could be better, but better than Quicken 2009, November 10, 2008
I have been a long time Quicken user. Quicken 98 and many uneventful upgrades.But with this last upgrade to Quicken 2009, I'm throwing in the towel.I bought Microsoft money plus H and B because I was desperately looking for something better.I have all of 2007 and 2008 transactions on both programs. Almost 2000 transactions on each program. Hands down I think MicoMoney is a better program. Categories are much easier to keep clean and work with. The program has not gotten full of its self and is still real clean and simple. There are a lot of little things that i will miss with Quicken but not enough to go back. The reports have a very professional look. Mark

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy! MS Money is now "sunset"ed and free from MS, December 22, 2011
Microsoft has discontinued ALL versions of Money since last year. Google "Money Plus sunset" and you will find the links on MS for downloading both the Deluxe and H&B versions. Both programs can be installed WITHOUT a previous version of Money installed (stand-alone install). All online functionality is gone, but you can still manually Import your transactions from your bank (if they offer it in MS Money or Quicken formats). I have been using the sunseted version of Deluxe and it works perfectly.

3.0 out of 5 stars familiar, intuitive platform, but some features need more work, June 3, 2009
I made the switch from quickbooks this year to money plus home and business, mostly because quickbooks was far more expensive to have automatic online updates from my bank and credit accounts.

I am generally very happy with money. it's familiar platform makes it very simple for me to use. It allows me to click on almost anything to see more detail. The category system makes sense and is easy to edit. Online updates are relatively painless.

There are a couple features though that are laughably underdeveloped. The invoice designer couldn't possibly be less user friendly. It's barely worth trying to create a custom invoice design, but after hours and hours of figuring out the nuances, I was able to create something that looked okay at best.

Another of my biggest complaints is that when i upgraded from the 60 day free trial to the actual product, I had to re-create my invoice designs. I also had to re-set up some of my online account updates. And when I was trying to do that, the merge accounts feature caused me all sorts of grief.

I also don't like that advertisements are integrated into a software that I paid for!

Typical of microsoft, this product is an A+ in some regards and an giant F in others. Overall, I enjoy using it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Discontinued...., January 26, 2010
David Haile (Ft. Collins, CO USA) - See all my reviews
You won't be able to register it. Microsoft has discontinued all of their financial software. The Quicken user interface has always been cumbersome and I've never liked it. There are now online financial packages that are at least as good.

3.0 out of 5 stars Unobtrusive minor update, September 11, 2008
You will find a lot of complaints online about people having problems upgrading to Money Plus. For those who download stock quotes, there is no alternative, since Microsoft now cuts people off after two years of downloading with a given release.

I had no problems installing, and was grateful that Microsoft (unlike in previous releases) did not arbitrarily change the interface. There are a few added harmless (but useless) additions. Basically Microsoft just wants to be sure they get your money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Microsoft Money Plus Software, February 3, 2014
After installing this software, and entering my information, after two weeks I could not operate this any more,
message always asking for product key entry. Since this product is out of circulation, it will not take it, and
I was out of luck. I had to install another accounting software, and had to re-enter all my information. this
needs to be taken out of circulation.

4.0 out of 5 stars Thanks for this version., March 12, 2013
Had a big problem with the microsoft money working and still trying to get this to work, may take a while to see if it will solve the problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product if you want to continue doing things the old fashioned way, December 22, 2012
There are a couple things I would change with this product but it is no longer supported by microsoft as far as updates and bank links go so I gave it up. It did have a 'category' requirement that I was not happy with but other than that an excellent product for those who are new to the banking system and need to learn how to use a check register properly.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Microsoft Money Plus Home and Business [Old Version]
Microsoft Money Plus Home and Business [Old Version] by Microsoft Software (Windows XP, Windows XP Home Edition / Professional)
Used & New from: $7.95