4.0 out of 5 stars Learned new shortcuts and tricks
Published on March 25, 2008 by miz_amie

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, I Guess
The book could have been laid out better in my opinion. It can be very confusing to follow at times.

Thank God the instructor is there to guide us!
Published on April 3, 2009 by rusty

4.0 out of 5 stars Learned new shortcuts and tricks, March 25, 2008
This review is from: Microsoft Office 2007: Introductory Concepts and Techniques, Windows XP Edition (Paperback)
I had to purchase this book for an introductory/orientation computer application class for an online program for Nichols College. I have concidered myself very computer literate, and was affraid this class would be boring and a waste. However, I am finding with this book working through the walk-through exercises and labs that I didn't know everything. I have discovered many short cuts and easier ways to perform tasks I have previously labored to do like letter formatting. I have also learned many new keyboard shortcuts that help alot. Not having to switch back and forth to the mouse and back to the keyboard as much is a bonus.

Don't get me wrong though, it is still broken down painstakenly into every individual step and keystroke, so for me, that is overkill. However, someone who has never laid eyes on any of these programs before, this book can take them a long ways in learning how to navigate the office suite, make striking letters, charts, and leaflets.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent learning tool, June 24, 2008
I purchased this book for my CIS 120 class (that is intro to micro-computers). This book is an excellent teaching guide to learn everything there is to know about Microsoft Office software. It is very detailed and it gives you examples and you will learn hands on. This is an excellent book for anyone that need to learn or even need a refresher course. This book have step-by-step instructions. I highly recommend this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Office 2007 textbook, October 9, 2008
R. Morits (New Hampshire USA) - See all my reviews
This is for someone with zero knowledge of Office products, very tedious for somebody who uses Office apps. often. Should offer a version with just word, Excel, Access and Power Point. That being said, you do learn some usefull techniques.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, October 12, 2008
Jules W (Shadow Hills, Ca) - See all my reviews
This is a very useful and informative book. I have learned a great deal from it. It is very easy to understand. I am amazed at all the things I can do with Microsoft office I thought I knew quite a bit but after using this book I now know so much more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome book - full of tons of information, March 3, 2009
Proud Ranger (Iron Range, MN) - See all my reviews
I bought this book for a college course, however, I am keeping it as it is full of useful information for the new Office 2007. 2007 version is quite different from older versions, so it's a great guide to have around.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful, April 11, 2009
This book is very helpful in learning all you need to know about Microsoft Office.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, September 19, 2008
This is the required reading for my course. It has been helpful and informative in areas of Microsoft that I never knew existed. . .just when you thought you knew the program. . .=)

5.0 out of 5 stars Learn Microsoft Office 2007-- step by step, November 4, 2009
Microsoft Office 2007 by Shelly Cashman. This is one of the best books I have ever bought to learn the ins and outs of using Office 2007. I had used older versions of M$ Office, but I had to
buy this one for a college course.

I thought the book was pretty expensive, but it takes a person who has never used Office software step by step through examples and explains every detail. I am very much computer literate, do PC
repairs etc. but it is one thing to repair a PC and another to learn a program with so many bells and whistles as Microsoft Office 2007.

She has an Website where more information can be obtained to go along with the book. It has been a couple of years now since I use the book. The version I used was for Windows XP, but that should make no difference.

I have to rate this book with five stars. For a person who already thinks they know how to use Office 2007 with all the graphics etc., maybe they could find a book that costs less and geared more for advanced users. But I'm not looking. -:)

For me, this was perfect!

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, I Guess, April 3, 2009

Thank God the instructor is there to guide us!

3.0 out of 5 stars Missing pages, June 12, 2014
I bought this being told that it was complete. I keep finding several pages missing, here and there throughout the book. If someone tore it out for class, I probably need it for my class, too. So thanks for ripping out the pages. Makes me even more wary about buying a used book online.

Microsoft Office 2007: Introductory Concepts and Techniques, Windows XP Edition