Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on February 22, 2014
Book has lots of errors. Found it much harder to follow than previous editions by same author. Alot of the colors are off, photos are incorrect, and some of the directions are either missing or not explicit enough. I am a straight A student and have been for 2 years taking courses for Computer Applications/Microsoft Office Advanced. I found this book was my least favorite, and hardest to follow.All I can say is I cannot WAIT until this course is done and I can SELL this book.
on July 5, 2014
I didn't think this book was that great. It skipped over some really useful things, like mail merge for word. This book seems geared mostly for complete beginners who want to become MS office specialists, or maybe people who just graduated high school. Also I did not like the layout of the pages, and thought the author's writing style was verbose.
on September 27, 2014
Incompatible with Kindle on Windows 8.1!!!!!!!

This is an (arguably overpriced) text book whose subject is teaching Office 2013 on Windows 8. However it is incompatible with the Kindle application on Windows 8 - On launching the Kindle app on Windows 8, user gets the error "This title is not available for Windows 8". Since this is a college textbook, I'm giving it a c-
on February 25, 2015
Some of the exercises in this book are outdated due to some changes with microsoft word, for example when you need to add pictures to the documents especially in the powerpoint exercises, they no longer offer microsoft clipart and now it is powered by Bing search for adding online pictures to your documents. Makes it complicated to complete the exercises as described, but other than that very informative for a basic user.
I am required to use this book for my area of study in school, but this is very basic stuff and I myself am a little more of an advanced user, but I am still learning from this book.

As far as seller and shipping is concerned I had no problems in these areas. Haven't needed to contact them because everything was as expected. Paid the extra money for next day shipping due to deadlines in my class and it arrived the next day. The book was in good condition although some of the pages were stuck together I don't consider it to be flawed. The price was good compared to the price the college book store wanted for it in my small town. I saved close to $80 by buying from this seller
on June 24, 2015
This textbook is awful. I had to buy it for a class, but I'll be dumping it afterwards, for sure. The layout is busy, and hard to follow, the text is miniscule, it makes multiple errors, the example pieces are terribly written. and it's just and all around mess.
on September 28, 2014
The price of this Kindle book has gone up 50% since I bought it in August for $97. (!)
But worse-- my original purchased copy displayed just fine using the Kindle reader on my Windows 8.1 laptop.
Then Amazon decided to make it "incompatible" with the Windows 8.1. Kindle reader -- the very OS this version is targeting.
I could still view it on other machines with older operating systems (not useful), but it refuses to display any more on my school laptop.
What is perhaps most upsetting is the subtle demonstration that, even if you buy a Kindle book, Amazon reserves the right to take it away again.
For no apparent reason. To be fair, they have offered me a full refund. But that's not what I needed... I need it to work again. And stop messing with it, please.

Addendum:
Spoke with Kindle support, and they were not helpful. According to them, this book has always been incompatible with the Kindle reader on Windows 8 - no explanation why it worked for over a month before it mysteriously stopped working. No one at Amazon seems to be aware of the two different Kindle readers you can run under Windows 8 -- the Metro version and the generic Windows version (same as you would run under Windows 7). Oh well.

This book is still ADVERTISED as compatible with the Windows Kindle reader... LET THE BUYER BEWARE. It is not compatible any more with ANY Kindle reader running under Windows version 8.1.
on February 21, 2016
Microsoft Office 2013: Introductory (Shelly Cashman) I purchased this book new for a college class my son had to take. It is exactly what the professor wanted and was a lot cheaper then the book store. My son said the book is easy to follow but he basically knows everything that is being taught. Easy credit for him.
on August 25, 2015
Office 2016, and windows ten, became available while I was working through this book and the corresponding course. The book was difficult to use; many times the text didn't accurately reflect the electronic media formats it was referencing, and I was still using Office 2013 at the time. As far as I'm concerned this book became obsolete as I was using it. To really complicate things I still have no idea how to return it, since it was a rental. I have made inquiries, with no response. I certainly don't want to end up owning this semi-useful, soon to be completely outdated book.
on December 14, 2015
Learned a few things but wow does it take a looooong time to do these. The quizzes and practices get very repetitive, especially towards the end in Powerpoint.
Easy class for me. Probably spent 3 - 4 hours a week on the projects (for IT 101 online)
on July 28, 2015
book is useless, many things are flat out wrong when you check Microsoft's website it gives a method to use that actually works, Google was much more useful than the book, and the website they use is even worse (a computer course that has as many glitches in the coding as this shows a lack of basic understanding)