From the Back Cover
Maximize Your Productivity with these Project Management Tools and Skills
Combine the power of Excel 2007, Microsoft Office SharePoint Server, and sound project management tools to bring added value to your skill set. You'll walk through a project and learn step by step how to use these powerful tools to schedule jobs, create budgets, manage processes, and share project information. Whether new to project management or a veteran, you'll discover techniques, hints, and examples you can use immediately. As a bonus, Excel templates and checklists are available online that you can apply to your next project.
- Master the fundamentals of Microsoft Excel 2007 and SharePoint Server
- Review key management skills such as communication and negotiation
- Define project goals and create a Project Charter
- Learn the five steps of the project management process
- Set up schedules, estimates, and budgets using Excel 2007
- Create Gantt charts, network diagrams, and scatter charts
- Assign teams, handle changes, and take corrective action
- Publish and archive project information using SharePoint
Valuable extras online!
Visit www.sybex.com/go/exelpm for bonus Excel templates and checklists you can use immediately.
About the Author
is the bestselling author of PMP Study Guide, Third Edition
and Project Management Jumpstart, Second Edition
as well as Chief Information Officer for the Colorado Department of Natural Resources.
William Heldman is a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) and Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT). He is a computer technology instructor at a career and technical education high school in Lakewood, Colorado.