From the Back Cover
Combine the power of Excel 2007, Microsoft Office SharePoint Server, and sound project management tools to bring added value to your skill set. You'll walk through a project and learn step by step how to use these powerful tools to schedule jobs, create budgets, manage processes, and share project information. Whether new to project management or a veteran, you'll discover techniques, hints, and examples you can use immediately. As a bonus, Excel templates and checklists are available online that you can apply to your next project.
- Master the fundamentals of Microsoft Excel 2007 and SharePoint Server
- Review key management skills such as communication and negotiation
- Define project goals and create a Project Charter
- Learn the five steps of the project management process
- Set up schedules, estimates, and budgets using Excel 2007
- Create Gantt charts, network diagrams, and scatter charts
- Assign teams, handle changes, and take corrective action
- Publish and archive project information using SharePoint
Valuable extras online!
Visit www.sybex.com/go/exelpm for bonus Excel templates and checklists you can use immediately.
About the Author
William Heldman is a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) and Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT). He is a computer technology instructor at a career and technical education high school in Lakewood, Colorado.