5.0 out of 5 stars As advertised, but please note this crucial point!
Published 5 months ago by Fomite

Published 5 months ago by Nancy Cooper

5.0 out of 5 stars As advertised, but please note this crucial point!, April 7, 2014
This review is from: Microsoft Office Home & Student 2010 Product Key Card (Software)
The product arrived promptly and contained the product key and web site to download the software. As others had suggested, I looked to see if this new all-in-one desktop computer had a pre-existing version of Microsoft Office, as it supposedly would give problems to installing the "new" Office 2010 suite. However, because this new computer was running Windows 8 (which I was unaccustomed to using) I did not remove the small folder (Office 14) in the Programs folder in the C drive, which also did not appear to actually contain anything resembling a program. So I went ahead and downloaded/installed the 2010 version, but was subsequently unable to open the programs. I then went searching in the program files and did find the link to Office 2014. I uninstalled this program, deleted the folders for Office 14, and restarted the computer. After this, the folders labeled Office 14 reappeared, but the program did not show up in the Programs menu. I then reinstalled the downloaded Office 2010. However, I could not find out where the program actually lived on the computer.....stupid Windows 8 interface!!! Finally, I searched for the programs themselves and they appeared in the individual searches. I then put shortcuts on the taskbar for each of the programs and it has worked great ever since. Thus I reiterate....DEFINITELY go to the Program files and uninstall any programs remotely looking like Office 14 before downloading the 2010 files....it will make your life much easier.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great once you find the Microsoft download location, April 10, 2014
Microsoft moved their download location for Office-2010, the location in the box is discontinued with no forwarding.
Go to the Microsoft Web Site and search on "Office 2010 Backup" and it will direct you to the new site.
Unfortunately you can not put a URL link in a review, or I would put it here.
You may have to create a Microsoft Account, and the download took about 45 minutes.
Next time I will bring along my old DVD/CD's and just use the new Product Key to activate.

Microsoft will also sell you the Program DVD for about $13.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Mystery of the Microsoft Office 2010 Key Card Solved!, July 9, 2014
I wanted the 2010 version of Office because I inherited an older laptop that had Windows 7 and did not want to risk trying to download the newer version. The product was shipped quickly and was well packed. I was a little concerned after I attempted to enter the key on the Microsoft website and found it didn't work. After much searching, I learned the site for the 2010 version is quite hidden. Here is the link:
Once I found the link, the key went in with no issues and the download was complete and successful. Well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easily Installed once I got NEW Microsoft Account., May 14, 2014
I was prepared for trouble in installation of Microsoft Office 2010 Home and Student because of reviews I read. I was working on a Windows Vista computer that had a trial Microsoft Office 2007. The purchased product is Microsoft Office 2010. I googled how to install it and it told me how. It says that if not previously installed on your PC press DOWNLAD button. I pressed it and followed instructions, putting in keycard, etc. until it opened up to a page where I had to put in my Microsoft Account Number and Password. I found the Account was my email address and I did not know the password. No matter what I did with Microsoft I could not retrieve my password. I worked hours on this. Emailed them. They did not respond.

Finally, I decided to open up a brand new Microsoft Account with a different email address. It worked! I was then able to put in my Microsoft Account number and password and the rest was easy. I did a CUSTOM install which I directed to delete previous versions of Microsoft Office. (Only involved pressing a button) I did this because of horror stories I had ready about installing this product when you had other versions on your computer.

Although the ad on this product says it comes with a cd, it does not. You only get the product keycard.

5.0 out of 5 stars product: not able to download - seller was the best!, June 6, 2014
MaryEllen Lawrence (Denver, CO United States) - See all my reviews
I was not able to download this product so I had to return it. The seller was more than helpful.... he even called me and helped me so much. I would definitely recommend this seller - but hasten to say that Microsoft needs to include an installation disc for their products if they wish to sell items to those of us with older and slower internet connections. Thanks to you the seller!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Office Creeping Takeover, September 2, 2014
Buy this software because you have to, not because you want to. I have installed two copies of this product recently; one without a hitch in an old computer with an existing Office installation (!) and one (the latest in a new clean machine) that required a call to automated-registration hell. Seems that the new, uninstalled copy I just bought had "been installed too many times". I finally got a very helpful LIVE person and the installation proceeded without a further hitch (the contact phone number is revealed by the software after you struggle a while with the installation). Kudos to the CS MS trainers.

If you have not used the ribbon interface, prepare for a steep learning curve. Remember that GOOGLE is your friend (and MS help is not) when you are stymied by trying to figure out how to do something you formerly did with ease. Otherwise, remind yourself that this is progress and that you are clearly a reactionary Luddite for missing (and complaining about lack of) the old reliably laid-out menu structure. Get with the program and suck it up Soldier. Office is a 'no-whining zone'. Note that MS has finally achieved world-wide hegemony because everyone will now send you .docx files and you must upgrade or flop out of all your business and social relationships. The gods weep. Surely a fate worse than death. Hard not to recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, May 18, 2014
I had the Microsoft Office 2003, which has no support from Microsoft anymore, so I got this key and now I have 2010 and everything works great. Love it.

1.0 out of 5 stars I still do not have this installed.I closed a window before I hit the download icon and can no longer install this., March 25, 2014
I am instructed by the computer that I can not install something that is already installed, However Microsoft office is NOT installed and I went through every prompt it gave me. It won't even let me put the number back in to see if it is not good to return because the number has been used. Granted I am not an IT person but these things are not usually this hard. In contacting Amazon I was told I could send it back but if the product key card was activated they could not do me any good, and I would have to buy another card. Well I can't even get anywhere that would allow me to reinstall or uninstall. I guess I have to take my computer to someone to find it which will cost me more money than the $75 the product key cost. So obviously I am not happy.
Nancy Cooper

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, May 12, 2014
I purchased this item and when it arrived the box had been previously opened. When I tried to install it on my computer I could not because someone else had already used it and registered it in their name. I called and they were great. I was able to return the item to them for a full refund. I have since purchased a downloadable version of Word from Amazon and it worked great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good for the price, June 4, 2014
Very good for the price, it's full blown microsoft so everything is there. Thinking of buying another card for my laptop.

Microsoft Office Home & Student 2010 Product Key Card