5.0 out of 5 stars Great product
I found this book to be very helpful in understanding everything publisher can do. I was trying to learn how to use it to create a web page and had no luck until i read step by step.
i would recomend this to anyone needing a little help with publisher.
Published on October 18, 2007 by Gilbert E. Molkentin

1.0 out of 5 stars Not set up for MS Windows XP
Step by step is set up for MS Vista OS, and very difficult to use with Microsoft XP
Published on February 15, 2008 by jdh

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, October 18, 2007
This review is from: Microsoft Office Publisher 2007 Step by Step (Paperback)
i would recomend this to anyone needing a little help with publisher.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sometmes Good; Sometimes incomplete, May 14, 2008
This review is from: Microsoft Office Publisher 2007 Step by Step (Paperback)
The book suffers from common "how to use a program book" problems. It assumes you know too much or too little. If you never used Pubisher, this is a good start if you are doing one of their templates. If you are more advanced and are searching for solutions, it is difficult to find them. For example, lots of problems occur in editing and rearranging. Although there is a chapter on organization, there is nothing in the index under organization. If you don't know the author's terminolgy you can't solve the problem. If you are using XP, examples in Vista is not a real issue. Needed information is frequently buried in one or the other of their templates. For example, in editing a table of contents box, they refer to changing a table, but there is nothing I found on that. Another problem in Publisher is insertng an article with bullets; this requires reformatting the paragraph in Publisher which is not discussed. If you search through the book, you can find most examples, but not neccesarily easily. It is certainly better than having no reference at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Title, October 17, 2007
This review is from: Microsoft Office Publisher 2007 Step by Step (Paperback)
This book is very helpful as the program has a lot of hidden key movements that a lot of us are not aware of. The book is very Informative and cover a lot of aspects we are nor aware of. Great Print worth having as a Backup Support

5.0 out of 5 stars microsoft office publisher 2007 step by step, December 25, 2007
This review is from: Microsoft Office Publisher 2007 Step by Step (Paperback)
Microsoft® Office Publisher 2007 Step by Step (Step By Step (Microsoft)) I have trained myself successfully with many step-by-step books in the past. This is not written in a step-by-step fashion; the instructions are poor and disorganized. It is obvious that this was not tested out on a potential student. I have had to write in additional steps that I found by trial and error. This is not a good book for a beginner in this software program. I do not feel like editing a book that I have purchased. I may not purchase a book from the step-by-step series again!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not set up for MS Windows XP, February 15, 2008

2.0 out of 5 stars Not enough info or detail!, April 29, 2008
Peaches (Yorba Linda, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Microsoft Office Publisher 2007 Step by Step (Paperback)
This was a disappointing book, and I have found less than half the info I need in here. For instance, I wanted to move a page in my newsletter and the first step in the instructions read "...turn off Two-Page Spread view", but doesn't instruct me how. So, I need to turn to the back and see if I can locate how to do this in the book. I've been trying to figure out how to change my bulleted margin and cannot locate that anywhere in the book. These are just a few examples of what I could NOT find in this book. So, unless you want very basic instructions, this isn't the book for you. Keep looking!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so much, February 8, 2008
This review is from: Microsoft Office Publisher 2007 Step by Step (Paperback)
Microsoft® Office Publisher 2007 Step by Step (Step By Step (Microsoft))
The book was okay in what it taught except the web design section. I was expecting much more detail but got just a few pages. Oh well. A few dollars wasted isn't too bad.

4.0 out of 5 stars Book review, June 26, 2009
This review is from: Microsoft Office Publisher 2007 Step by Step (Paperback)
The exercises in this book are easy to follow every step of the way. I sat in front of the computer doing a lot of exercises in one go because of that. I think gives the basics to continue exploring more in detail of other features at your own pace and documents. However, in the exercise of Chapter 3 of creating a postcard for some reason I couldn't open the DataSource workbook, and received a message "Microsoft Office Publisher Error has occurred. Could not find installable ISAM". Also in Chapter 6 exercises of "Communicating your message online" make sure you can configure Outlook, otherwise is not possible to complete the exercises.

5.0 out of 5 stars Learn Publisher Quickly, July 28, 2010
This review is from: Microsoft Office Publisher 2007 Step by Step (Paperback)
I recently inherited the editor's position on a newsletter for a non-profit organization that I volunteer for. They sent me the format for the newsletter in Publisher. I had little to no experience with Publisher. I first scanned the book to get familiar with it and then read the chapters that applied to what I was working on. It has been a really great resource.

4.0 out of 5 stars StepbyStep Publisher misses a step but recovers, January 26, 2010
The directions are very clear, but the book is written for Windows Vista users. As an XP user, I had a little trouble orienting myself with some of the illustrations. However this was a minor problem. The book takes the reader on a step-by-step tour of the major functions of Office Publisher and provides a good index to aid in figuring out what to do next. Good for the person who is not well-versed in Office Publisher. The advanced student might find it a bit repetitive.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Microsoft Office Publisher 2007 Step by Step
Microsoft Office Publisher 2007 Step by Step by Joyce Cox (Paperback - August 25, 2007)
$24.99 $18.87