Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Microsoft Office Home and Student 2013 (1PC/1User) [Download]
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on April 18, 2013
I bought Office 2010 for 3 pc's because there was a free upgrade to the next version only to learn that now I can only upgrade 1 pc. Easy fix, rather than buy MS Office for 2 pc's I'll switch back to Corel's Word Perfect. Save money and end up with a better product. Word Perfect is actually a far better product because you can actually use it the way you want unlike MS Office which is a hassle to do even simple stuff unless you're an MS Office Pro and even then it'll test your knowledge of swear words.

Word Perfect is by far the best word processing software on the market and I'm kicking myself for going with MS Office.

The only thing with WP is remembering to save a file In MS Office format for others that aren't smart enough to convert. Yup, and I'm one of the dummies! But no longer!
on February 10, 2013
Microsoft has become the equivalent of a heroin dealer. Microsoft demands that I put my business correspondence and records into a software suite that: (a) will completely stop working if they raise the subscription price to un-affordable levels in some future year once my business is "hooked" on the product, or (b) I can buy the product instead of subscribe to it, but it will stop working if my machine dies and needs to be replaced unless I purchase it again, or (c) forces me to give them all my critical business data and if they lose it, corrupt it, deny access to it because a back-hoe dug through a fiber optic line somewhere, start selling it to my competitors, or let the government spy on it, I have no recourse.

How often does a typical business laptop die: About once a year if the user travels a lot. So if you go the route of purchasing the software license, rather than subscribing to a cloud-based version, you can count on purchasing another copy about once a year -- it's effectively another subscription pricing model in that case.

All AT&T wired phone and data, wireless phone and data, and cable/Internet service has been out of service for 14 hours today (so far) in my area (Northern Nevada) due to a software problem at AT&T. What are businesses supposed to do if they are cut off from the Internet and cannot either get access to their data in the cloud, or download a replacement copy of Microsoft Office because their CPU died?

In other words, my business could stop because of any one of a number of risks that Microsoft created and that would be out of my control. This completely disqualifies this product suite from any purchase consideration whatsoever, regardless of the features and capabilities.
55 comments|33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Dear Stephen Strough,

Thank you for your feedback and sorry for the inconvenience. Effective immediately, we have changed the licensing terms to allow you to transfer the software from one computer to another. We made this decision based on your feedback and the feedback of other customers who asked for additional flexibility in this area. For more information, please visit http://bit.ly/Xr8OPk

on August 6, 2013
I recently purchased a Toshiba computer for my sister with this crappy Office 365. Please note that I will be paying for her to call in GeekSquad to load OpenOffice on her computer. I suppose Microsoft isn't rich enough well they will not get rich from me again as in the future I will buy a system with a Linux or other operating system and use all free software.

In the meantime she is forced to use this Office 365 and cannot afford a yearly subscription and in fact, can't afford the 2013 version either. To Microsoft I say stop pushing this Cloud down people's throats as I want nothing to do with it nor will I buy software that I need to subscribe to every year in order to use it. Down with Microsoft.
on May 28, 2013
I wasted a couple of hours this weekend trying to purchase Office for a computer in Los Angeles, then gave up after Microsoft.com kept reporting technical difficulties and couldn't complete my order. Frustrated, I tried buying Office via Amazon but of course that just bounces you back into the same incredibly incompetent MS website. This morning I found both "purchases" charged to my credit card, although in neither case had I managed to get even a product key, much less the actual product. After wasting another hour with Microsoft support this morning, I called the credit card company and asked them to take care of getting my money back. Strange the Microsoft.com, of all people, cannot seem to sell its products competently via its own website.
on March 20, 2013
Unable to download, despite several sessions with microsoft techs who were unable to solve the problem, disconnected me and never called back. Amazon refused to refund my my money. Microsoft 100% guarantee never called me back after numerous messages left - no one answers that phone number, only messages can be left. Can't speak to a live person at microsoft, can only
send an email about a refund. Steer clear!!!!!!
Dear Delores Jaeger,

We are very sorry to hear about your experience setting up Office, and also with support. We currently have many efforts in place to ensure we can improve those experiences moving forward. Please contact us via the email officems@microsoft.com by Apr, 30 2013, and provide your contact details. Once we receive that information, we will ensure you are contacted by one of our Premium Support Professionals who will work with you to understand the cause of your issues, and ensure you have resolution . Thank you for your feedback.

on July 15, 2013
Be careful about where and when you buy Microsoft Office. Purchased as a download there may be no way to get a refund. The "Money Back Guarantee" is not what it says, and the 888-673-8624 telephone number to get a refund will likely tell you that you are not eligible. Also be very careful how you download your software - if you err and want to change something, since it is a one time download, you may be out of luck and need to purchase it again. This is what happened to me. I would recommend buying Office 2010 where you can get a disc with 3 downloads. Of course I would recommend not buying Microsoft products at all if that were possible. For those of you who are younger than me there used to be a law in the U.S. called the Taft-Hartley Act that prohibited the type of monopoly that Microsoft enjoys (at our expense). What they do now routinely, used to be illegal. Oh for the good old days.
on February 13, 2013
I purchased Microsoft Office at Amazon in good faith and then was transferred to Microsoft for the download. When I tried to download, I was informed that the download is not available in my region of the world. Now I'm stuck with a product key but no way to receive the product. I tried to cancel the order with Amazon, but that option does not exist. I'm out my money with nothing to show for it!
Dear David P. Mann,

We are very sorry to hear about your experience setting up Office in your region. We currently have many efforts in place to ensure we can improve our experiences. Please contact us via the email officems@microsoft.com by Apr, 30 2013, and provide your contact details. Once we receive that information, we will ensure you are contacted by one of our Premium Support Professionals who will work with you to understand the cause of your issues, and ensure you have resolution . Thank you for your feedback.

on June 2, 2013
I am not sure what Microsoft is doing, or who they are getting direction from, but the more they update their products the worse they seem to get.

it works, but for people that were use to a cleaner interface of earlier versions, this is an increasingly painful product to use. not impossible to use, just not as intuitive as one would expect.

open office anyone?
on March 11, 2013
I have used Office for years, but my last purchase will be my last purchase. I CANNOT afford ANOTHER monthly/yearly bill, and I refuse to sign up for anything that will charge me for the rest of my life. I will be purchasing an Apple this year. The computer may be more expensive, but in the long run I will save money on software and problems. Goodbye greedy Microsoft.
on February 18, 2013
Unable to download from Office.com, no way to contact anyone for help without Pay $39-$49 to help me with there website.....no Phone #'s, email addresses...... RIP OFF Wait for another review from BBB.
Dear Michelle,