5.0 out of 5 stars Full Office suite...for a lot less money

Published 8 months ago by Judy Southstone

5.0 out of 5 stars Full Office suite...for a lot less money, December 23, 2012
Ken M "Ken" (Tulsa, OK, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Microsoft Office University 2010 [Old Version] (Software)
It is Office 2010 Pro without the outrageous price tag. Just make sure you qualify before purchasing -- you must be student or faculty at a university AND you must be able to prove it through a rather convoluted registration and activation process. My product was successfully actiivated by 1) providing my university e-mail address to Microsoft, and 2) obtaining the activation code that was sent to that e-mail account.

Something that appears to get overlooked is that university faculty (like me) are eligible for this product. It is a great way to have the most current full Office suite at a very resonable price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Why rent when you can own?, April 2, 2013
This review is from: Microsoft Office University 2010 [Old Version] (Software)
I purchased this even though it is not the most recent release. The idea of "renting" your software for 4 years is beyond belief! When I want to make a document, I believe that I should have the right to be able to open said document as long as I want to, and I should be able to continue to use the software I paid for when I created it for as long as I want. The idea of my software all of a sudden expiring in 4 years is out of this world! That is why I purchased an old version, just so I could continue to use it as long as I want to. Much better product than Office 365 just because when you pay for it, you own that license. No "rental" involved....

5.0 out of 5 stars Another to get key code, March 30, 2012
This review is from: Microsoft Office University 2010 [Old Version] (Software)
You can also get validated with this product by sending the school a scanned copy of your student id. My college does not have email addresses through them. I spoke with someone from Microsoft and there is other ways to get the code that is needed.

5.0 out of 5 stars NOTE: No optical drive needed! Great Product!, May 16, 2013
This review is from: Microsoft Office University 2010 [Old Version] (Software)
As others have stated, this is Microsoft Professional at a very, very good discount. I verified my student status via email, and it was a no-hassle process. ALSO, even though you are ordering a disc, you can also still use your product code inside the package to download via Microsoft's website in the event that your computer does not have an optical drive.

5.0 out of 5 stars A reliable MS product, December 12, 2012
Rich (Lynchburg, VA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Microsoft Office University 2010 [Old Version] (Software)
Definitely a good buy for the college student. It gives you more for your money than MS Home & Student. If you only want it for Word and Excel, then stay with Home & Student.

5.0 out of 5 stars great!, December 8, 2012
This review is from: Microsoft Office University 2010 [Old Version] (Software)
Before installing - figure out if you want to use MAP or keep messages on your computer - this will save you a lot of trouble. Otherwise, the default setting is MAP. Easy to use, smooth operation, no complaints!

1.0 out of 5 stars Purchase Office University, June 23, 2014
This review is from: Microsoft Office University 2010 [Old Version] (Software)
This is the second and last time I will order anything from Amazon with third party involvement. Waste of money 100%. I bought this knowing I needed to state my College involvement as a student or instructor. I do teach elective classes. I went through the ridiculous process of entering pin into web site. Got an approval from Microsoft which gave me a verification code in order to get my product code to down load software. After hours and hours of talking with Microsoft customer support, no one knew how to resolve the inability of the verification code to receive product code. With horrendous frustration, took my lap top and file to my computer service and they said even though I was approved my Microsoft as an elective class instructor, I have to be on the IP of the college server in order for me to have the product code available. This massive but small detail was not explained by Amazon or third party. Third parties NEVER will allow returns or exchanges. I feel Amazon needs to be more responsible with third parties when their name is on it. This was a waste on money!!!!!!! If anyone wants to buy this program I will sell and a basement bargain.

3.0 out of 5 stars no Outlook 2010 email index or search with Win 7, October 25, 2013
This review is from: Microsoft Office University 2010 [Old Version] (Software)
When you install Outlook 2010 on a Win 7 machine, email search and indexing functions do not work. Google this problem and you will see nobody has devised a fix, least of all Microsoft. If you want indexing like you had with Outlook 2003 and Win 7, you will need to pay $70 for an outlook add-in called Lookeen, which comes from a German company. Lookeen works well, as well as the indexing from Outlook 2003 and Win 7, which was totally free.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gr8 deal!, March 26, 2013
This review is from: Microsoft Office University 2010 [Old Version] (Software)
Originally I was going to purchase Office 365, but come to find out Microsoft is no longer providing CDs of their software and only offer a digital download from their web site. HOWEVER, thanks to this merchant, 'Portable Guy,' I chose to buy the older 2010 version which comes with a CD. Therefore I give kudos to this merchant and appreciate receiving the item as advertised and delivered on time too!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best price on MS Office ever., June 9, 2013
This review is from: Microsoft Office University 2010 [Old Version] (Software)
If you qualify for this product get it, it’s the best deal going. You will have to activate the program thought your college or university email site or via telephone. The program want go away after one year like the new version of office university and you if you download the program from microsoft instead of using the disk you ge ms office professional for life.

Microsoft Office University 2010 [Old Version]
Microsoft Office University 2010 [Old Version] by Microsoft Software (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
Used & New from: $170.00