5.0 out of 5 stars A solid product with quick delivery
Published 7 months ago by Dr Tim

I have outlook 2007 on my pc for all other programs.

For Outlook I upgraded to 2013, only to find features like spell check wont work. Why??? Because I need to purchase the full suite.

What a scam...
Published 17 months ago by Don't look here

1.0 out of 5 stars Partial Scam - As some features wont work unless you have the full Office 2013 suite, January 30, 2013
I have outlook 2007 on my pc for all other programs.

What a scam...

1.0 out of 5 stars The worst Outlook upgrade, ever. Stick with Outlook 2010., February 22, 2013
I have used every version of Microsoft Outlook since it was first introduced. Each time, I've been so excited to install the latest version and I've never been disappointed in the past. Outlook 2013 is a rare exception.

The new look & feel of the UI is horrific with its excessively high contrast and removal of the Aero transparency, smoothing, and shading effects. Microsoft seems to have focused their efforts on revamping Office with Tron-like geometry, a copycat of Google white space, with a splash of cheap modern art; and ended up creating a freak mix of headache inducing floating menu text that feels jumbled together and lost in white infinity. Fortunately I made a backup of my Outlook 2010 data file before I installed this, and was so happy to go back to Outlook 2010.

I couldn't use Outlook 2013 for more than a day, despite trying my best to adjust. I hope I just saved someone's weekend from installing and then uninstalling Outlook 2013.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy, February 17, 2013
Matthew (Los Angeles, US, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Microsoft Outlook 2013 Key Card (No Disc) (Software)
Outlook 2013 is pretty good in itself. Actually it looks quite beautiful. The problem however is not with the software but with the licensing. The new Microsoft license only allows to install this product for the lifetime of the computer. Meaning that if you decide to sell your computer 2 weeks from now, you will not be able to transfer Outlook license to your new computer. In essence, every time you get a new computer you will have to purchase a new license. I have overlooked this detail. I am selling my computer in few months and this means that I have pretty much thrown away $100.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware it is not a simple upgrade, March 12, 2013
Beware, there are issues is you are trying to upgrade from Outlook Express or Windows Live mail to Outlook 2013. I am migrating my business email from Outlook Express to Outlook 2013 due to an upgrade to Win8, and upgrading from Outlook Express is a real disaster. I figured since I am going from MS email product to MS email product, it would be straightforward. I was wrong. Here is what I found online when trying to figure this MESS out:

From "Article ID: 2796528" on Microsoft's website:

This only leaves you with the option of exporting email and addresses from Outlook Express or Windows Live Mail, and into Outlook 2013. However, the export option has a limitation. Outlook Express and Windows Live Mail are unable to export to Outlook if the 64-bit version of Microsoft Office or Microsoft Outlook is installed.

To export your email and contacts from Outlook Express or Windows Live Mail, and into Outlook 2013, you must uninstall the 64-bit version of Office or Outlook and then install the 32-bit version. Alternatively, you can migrate your data on another computer that has a 32-bit version of Outlook. The 32-bit version can be Outlook 2013 or earlier.

Workarounds (again from Microsoft's website)
These are the two workarounds to help get your email and contacts into your local copy of Outlook:

Export your mail from Windows Mail using another computer that has an Outlook (32-bit) version installed, then move the resulting .pst file to the Outlook 2013 (64-bit) client. The default location of your Outlook 2013

Uninstall Office 2013 (64-bit) and install Office 2013 (32-bit), and then export from Live Mail to the Outlook 2013 (32 bit) version.

Maybe this is easy for most people, but I am trying to run a cabinet business and this is very frustrating and time consuming.

1.0 out of 5 stars Microsoft is Messed up!, February 23, 2013
Honestly I'm not stupid but this is crazy. I purchased the download for Outlook 2013. The website can't even finish the download, it keeps sending me to other pages to do other stuff and then when I try to start the process again, its trying to download office 2013. I bought this and as of right now, cannot access it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Agree. This is a freaking scam., February 8, 2013
I have the home student version of office 2010 which does not include outlook 2010. I just needed the outlook, nothing else. They would not sell Outlook 2010, just the new damn outlook 2013. When I downloaded it and went to Microsoft's website as per Amazon digital service's instructions nd followed the instructions from Microsoft, the download would not work. After calling some lady who could barely speak english at Microsoft, i discovered that I had to UNINSTALL my entire MS Office 2010 to install the MS Outlook 2013. That wasn't anywhere on Amazon's page that sold me this POC program. I want a refund!!!! What a RIPOFF! No wonder Microsoft is losing ground to Apple. They have to scam you to get you to upgrade the entire Suite!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Just don't, February 15, 2013
Its rather simple. Don't buy this product. It's not like the normal software downloads. It doesn't work. You will be sent to office.com where you will have to fill in 300 captcha fill ins to make sure you aren't a robot, and then it will say you've already redeemed the product and take you to hotmail.com. Fantastic

1.0 out of 5 stars the buggiest version of Office since the 90's, March 17, 2013
Forget about the dumb licensing scheme, or the disturbing all-caps interface, or incompatibility issues with other versions of Office. This new version is simply so buggy, it's below useless. After just several hours of testing it was clear that it's the buggiest version of Office since late 1990's, and Outlook is the worst. I'll try again in a year or two, maybe they'll fix it up with a service pack by then. Until then I'll keep using older versions.

1.0 out of 5 stars HORRIBLE, May 18, 2013
They removed all the visuals from the 2013 package. You now get either make your eyes bleed white, slightly drab gray, and drab gray. That's it. Everything else is a lie.

Stick to 2010 people. Everything else is pretty much the same. Not worth the change.

5.0 out of 5 stars A solid product with quick delivery, November 24, 2013
Although I am not a fan of the Microsoft procedure: "download from Microsoft to get this to work, but first setup a Microsoft account or you can't get this", I still enjoy the Outlook 2013 product. NEVER, NEVER buy the Office 360 software while Office 2013 is available. Don't be stupid about it, since leasing a product for a year, with a $10 difference in original pricing for that year, then having to pay a monthly or annual fee to keep using it is generally a poor business model for mainstream clients. The only reason it will work here is that Microsoft has made the world so dependent on their office applications, that many will buy into the 360 software at that time. In the meantime, keep getting the 2013 version so you own it. You have to make your own media for backup, but you still own it.

Microsoft Outlook 2013  Key Card (No Disc)
Microsoft Outlook 2013 Key Card (No Disc) by Microsoft Software (Windows 7 / 8)
$109.99 $90.78