Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on June 20, 2014
I am a Senior Project Manager and hold a PMP. I've done a lot of schedules. I know the software pretty well. MS Project 2010 was pretty good- had a good computer-centric interface. You could see a lot on the screen, it was fairly consistent with previous user interfaces. Not bad. But with MS Project 2013, the entire interface has gone off the rails and is barely usable. First, every graphical element is HUGE- like a learning app for a 5-year-old huge. It feels like it was made for children. Second, the useful features I go for are now hidden, and useless features are front and center. I use this to schedule construction. It seems that they are gearing it towards team leaders at an app start-up or something. Maybe that's who's buying it these days, but for me IT SUCKS. Third, the user interface is touch-screen-centric. Who on earth would use a touch screen to build a serious schedule? Don't get me wrong, I love touch screens, BUT NOT FOR BUILDING A CRITICAL PATH METHOD SCHEDULE. Save yourself a big headache- either buy MS Project 2010 or DO NOT UPGRADE TO THIS. God, I hate this interface. Trying to get the I.T. Department to undo it. Yuk.
55 comments|31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 7, 2014
WARNING!!!
You must sign up for a Microsoft account to download and activate this (or any Microsoft) product....enter a "special code" to access your Microsoft account. The code is required everytime you login....then activation fails....over and over and over....you get the idea.....not refundable. So in the end my product will not activate and will lock me out in 5 days. Amazon claims they can not do anything to help with this the customer has to call Microsoft.
on May 4, 2013
I need MS project for my consulting business, and it is the best product at a good price point. However, the download did not work and it took me a couple of days (I was traveling) to get in touch with tech support. Once I did, service was outstanding and the tech took over and got the product downloaded and working.
on May 1, 2014
I am sure this is an amazing program; however, Microsoft makes it impossible to download. So far I am out $370, and have nothing. Here is an idea for a project: create a website where people can download your product after they pay to download your product.
on January 30, 2014
Nightmare. Link to Microsoft for software download would not work. Called Amazon, they said it was Microsoft's problem. Called Microsoft, they said it was Amazon's problem. I am in the middle of my 3rd hour on the phone (mostly on hold). Have talked to 5 different Microsoft employee's and each has claimed it's not a problem they can address....but this is only after they put me on hold for 15 minutes. My advice is to walk into a store and purchase the software in a box with a disk. Would have cost me an extra $56, but might have saved me several hours on the phone.
on November 20, 2013
I tried to install a trial version on my personal laptop to get familiar with it and see if a licience should be bought for my work computer.. After spending over an hour downloading the software, it refused to install. I tried to get technical support, and I can't even pay for support on the program. The problem is that one of my office programs is 32 bit and the download is 64. The program told me that I should remove all 32 bit microsoft programs from my computer. I can't find the program that that the installation program is complaining about.

Finally I found a web site that said that my original office program had both versions. I uninstalled office with the 32 bit installation and reinstalled it as 64 bit. Then the project program installed correctly.
on September 4, 2014
I can't even use this product to find out how good it is. I've been on the phone with Microsoft for 3 hours after issues installing. Microsoft has the worst customer service and they transfer you so many times your head will spin. Then they told me they'd call me. I'd advise not bothering with this purchase as it's a gamble just in case there is a problem. I'm going to see if Amazon will be able to refund me.
on April 14, 2014
If I hit the perfect storm of download and product disaster I'll revise this. I have been considering buying options for weeks due to the nasty reviews. I put this AM aside to deal with it, and bought the 2013 about 7:30 and by 8:02 I was done, including creating Microsoft account and email authentication....

I had to make a Microsoft Account, and I had to press download three times.
on March 7, 2016
A simple key card and a rapid download and you're off to the races to make history with MS Project 2013.

There is no muss, no fuss - just you, your download, and your key card.

Amazon couldn't have made this any easier -- they even file your purchase into your digital library for ease of future access.

Thanks, Jeff!
on November 26, 2014
I was skeptical upon reading some of the reviews but I had no problem downloading the product. 15 minutes after I created an account on Office.com I was up & running. Just make sure that your computer is compatible for the software before downloading (RAM, hard drive space & operating system).