4.0 out of 5 stars Software is fine. With a DSL internet connection it took 5 hours to download.
With a slower DSL internet connection it took several hours (5 hours) to download. This was quite time consuming and inconvenient.
Published 16 months ago by Philip E Stone

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst version ever
I have Publisher 2010 and enjoyed it.
Published 18 months ago by Dr. What?

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst version ever, April 24, 2013
This review is from: Microsoft Publisher 2013 (1PC/1User) [Download] (Software Download)
I have Publisher 2010 and enjoyed it.
This upgraded without problem, however you would like I have a 20 year old computer the way the program runs. Everything you do, from moving your mouse to clicking a button, has a delay of 1 to several seconds. It's virtually unusable. I thought maybe there was a problem with my machine, as I was having a few other issues in other programs, so I re-formatted and did a clean install of everything from the operating system up. Did it help? Nope. I am running a Core i7 processor with 6 GB of RAM in a 64 bit environment. No other program, including Publisher 2010 (which I re-installed and now use) has this problem. I'd love my money back.

2.0 out of 5 stars why so slow.., May 10, 2013
I probably have something wrong ( I MUST be). but I have been using Pub. for years and years, several versions over the years. I have a monthly task of creating a 1 page ad with high-res images, and my first attempts with the 2013 are simply WAY too slow. Even if I compress the images, it takes upwards of 5 + minutes just to re-position an image with stuttering delays, and very slow loading/formatting. - I have been repeating this same monthly task for 3+ years using two different versions of Pub. Never having this issue..

1.0 out of 5 stars Worse than Publisher 2007, May 27, 2013
I teach yearbook and I purchased Publisher 2013 to work on my school's yearbook while at home. Little did I know that it is so slow and laggy with pictures that it is completely unusable. At my school we have publisher 2007 which works perfectly fine with the exact same files and my computer is significantly better than the bargain basement machines that we use at school. Now I still have to work on the yearbook at school and I'm out nearly $100. Thanks for nothing Microsoft.

1.0 out of 5 stars stay away, May 18, 2013
Could not even download it. Not here and not anywhere else. Safe your time for something that's worth it. This is not it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as Publisher 2003, April 9, 2013
Over the years I've used many versions of MS Publisher and always loved it. The 2013 version however is disappointing. There are many, many gripes I have with this version. I particularly don't like trying to change any picture; with Publisher 2003 you just double clicked it and it took you straight to a last directory you used, click the new picture and you we're done. With Publisher 2013 you have to right click the picture, select change picture, select change picture once more, select browse and force it to go your local directory, select the new picture and then without asking it puts a copy of the old picture off page and zooms back out to whole page view with both the old and new pictures selected. Terrible! What used to be quick is now slow and laborious. You'll end up continuously zooming back in to adjust the picture you were working on. There are no options to turn off this awful feature off. I honestly regret purchasing this version of Publisher.

1.0 out of 5 stars Have not been able to download it to my computer, April 11, 2013
Other downloads for software have gone smoothly but this installation is horrible. I have to contact Microsoft and getting someone who can do something in a reasonable time frame if disgusting. I have spent hours and hours during a busy time trying to get the software I needed for a publication for a retreat. I had to do otherwise because I could not load the software. This week, I had a family reunion postcard that was stored in my previous version of publisher on a different computer, so I could not access it and had to do the entire thing over again. I had the retreat and then easter break and have not had time to spend hours with Microsoft. I contacted them again yesterday by email and told them I needed help resolving this problem. I was available after 6 p.m. eastern time. I have heard nothing from them. I am totally, totally stressed and disgusted with this whole thing. I cannot get my money back from Amazon and I cannot get help in a timely fashion with Microsoft. I am not satisfied at this time. Mary Evans mwevans1953@gmail.com

2.0 out of 5 stars Lost Feature, February 18, 2013
We have used Publisher for years in our office. I purchased this version as an update on Windows 8. The main reason I use Publisher is to convert our newsletters and bulletins into .html format for use on web. That feature is no longer available since Publisher 2010 as I found out. If you want to convert find something else.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy this, July 18, 2013
I have worked with Publisher 2007 and Microsoft Office products for years and have always been satisfied with the product. I downloaded this when we bought a new computer. There has never been (I mean NEVER) a time that while I was working on my weekly project that the software hasn't crashed. It stops working and if I don't remember to save every time I've made a change, the information is lost. I have searched their help information and even posted the problems on their blog, to no avail.

I cannot believe that Microsoft put their name on this product. I am very disappointed and will hesitate in the future to invest in Microsoft Office products.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible! NO STARS!, March 21, 2013
If anyone wants to witness first hand the decline of MS, look no further. From the interface, to the templates, (yeah that's a joke) to the clunky layout, this is garbage. Step one, try and design a simple business card. Once you locate a template that now appears to be all inclusive with Avery (one size fits all) you have to go in and edit each visual on the sheet, at least as far as I could tell. I filled out the required information for my business, yet, could not determine how to get that information to show up on a template sheet. The fact that you have to search to find that information is problematic. Where do these product managers get their feedback? It appears that this program is geared to the after school crowd and could not in anyone's imagination be considered seriously for any small business application. I really think this shows first hand, MS has conceded to Google Docs! This is the same review I posted for MS Word. Why? They are basically the same when it comes to small business application form design, worthless! If you are a PTA member (no offense to PTA, you just might want to design your own software) have at it, otherwise, go elsewhere. Incidentally, MS keeps messing around with the OS, and they'll seriously have nothing to offer.

1.0 out of 5 stars I needed to download now - Microsoft Office download site was down, March 25, 2013
HOrrible purchase. I needed this immediately for work so I bought it online. Amazon issues you a key and directs you to Microsoft Office site to download the program - except the Office site is "down"!!!! I can't download the program until the site is back up. I'm up against a deadline, it's the middle of the workday, how could Microsoft do this? Never again trust Microsoft.