From the Back Cover
Something for you on every page
If you're a database administrator or developer, this book is your complete, one-stop resource for SQL Server 2012. The authors provide in-depth coverage of core techniques, best practices, and smart workarounds, as well as plenty of examples and sample code. They also fully cover such new features as AlwwaysOn connectivity, new indexes, Power View, Master Data Services, Data Quality Services, PowerPivot for SQL Server 2012, and more.
- Thoroughly explore all new features in SQL Server 2012
- Understand advanced T-SQL data types and querying techniques
- Ensure high availability for mission-critical applications
- Start using SQL Azure for cloud computing
- Master new security and compliance settings
- Leverage your data with tools for BI, data warehousing, and Enterprise Information Management solutions
- Get up to speed on the latest enhancements to the BI toolset
About the Author
Adam Jorgensen is the President of Pragmatic Works Consulting, a Director for the Professional Association of SQL Server (PASS), a SQL Server MVP, and a well-known speaker, author, and executive mentor. His focus is on helping companies realize their full potential using their data in ways they have not previously imagined. Adam is very involved in the community, delivering more than 75 community sessions per year. Based in Jacksonville, FL, Adam has written and contributed to five previous books on SQL Server, analytics, and SharePoint. Coauthors Jorge Segarra, Patrick LeBlanc, Jose Chinchilla, and Aaron Nelson are well-known experts on SQL Server and Business Intelligence.