From the Back Cover
Generate and distribute comprehensive, integrated reports
Transform disparate corporate data into business intelligence with help from this hands-on guide. Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services explains how to create, manage, and deliver traditional and interactive reports with this powerful server-based reporting solution. Written by a member of the Reporting Services development team, the book covers the entire report-building and distribution process and offers complete details on all the product's integrated features. Improve business decision-making in your organization by getting the right information to the right people at the right time.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS FOR DATABASE PROFESSIONALS
- Install and set up SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services
- Use the SELECT query to extract report data from your data sources
- Add charts, images, and other graphics
- Generate reports using the Report Wizard and from scratch
- Maintain a secure, managed environment
- Integrate reports with desktop and web applications
- Enable end-user access to reports via the Report Server and its Report Manager web interface
- Export reports to other presentation and data exchange rendering formats
About the Author
Brian Larson (Arden Hills, MN), MCSD,
served as a member of the Reporting Services development team on a contract basis, and has contributed to the code base. He is the Chief of Technology (COT) for Superior Consulting Services (SCS) in the Twin Cities. SCS is a Microsoft Certified Partner and is currently developing a client solution that uses Microsoft Reporting Services for report production and distribution.
Brian has been invited to speak on Reporting Services at several conferences including SQL Server Magazine Connections (both in Vegas and Orlando), has been interviewed as a subject matter expert by Microsoft TechNet, .NET Rocks, and others and has written articles for SQL Server Magazine.