Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Microsoft Surface Pro 2 Tablet 512GB SSD 8GB RAM 10.6 inch 1920 x 1080 Resolution 4th generation Intel Core i5 Processor USB 3.0 Two 720p HD Cameras
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on December 23, 2013
The Surface Pro 2 has literally replaced my desktop PC, my laptop AND my tablet. I use it with a Microsoft docking station, and it has no trouble driving a 27" 2560x1440 display through DisplayPort. The tablet display is excellent as well, as is the stylus. It's a bit clunky and heavy for a 10" tablet (compared to, say, the Nexus-10 Android tablet), but I'm happy to excuse it because of the excellent performance.

I do agree with those who say this should be priced at $1800 for the 512GB version, because that's what the Microsoft Store charges. (That's where I got mine.) I'm not going to mark down for it because I think product reviews should be about the product, not Amazon's pricing.
on January 8, 2014
This Microsoft Surface Pro 2 512gb is a winner for me. The screen resolution and clarity is superb and makes productive work possible in this small format. It is fast. The hardware format totally works for my work environment. I pick up the tablet with documents preloaded - I handwrite notes into them. I come back to my desk - dock the tablet and complete the editing.

It does my multi spreadsheets, Photoshop, shoots music to my DAC stereo setup, holds journal articles for me to read, goes on the road with me, monitors security at my house - all in a compact package and with NO fuss or effort on my part. There is NO makeshift/makedo/underpowered nonsense. I went through the Win 8 offerings of Dell, Toshiba and Lenovo - none of them "get it" - iPad is useless for me, I run Windows software - I needed a fully functional, well thought out Windows tablet - this tablet is the ticket. Comparisons to Apple and iPads are silly - I have tried a series of Apple products over the years - they are fine for entertainment but they are useless for work.

It has excellent WiFi connection ability - it showed 40+ different network connections available in my condo living room last night - I am picking up 12 different networks now at work. My home computer and work laptop pickup less than half that many networks. I have had no problems with dropped connections.

I own six other computers - the portability and robust features of this tablet are making me rethink my computer configurations - I will be selling at least two of them. I hope Microsoft will lead the way with more forward thinking configurations - HP, Toshiba, Lenovo etc., etc. please wakeup - I would like more choices - why is a software company doing your job?

Also - Windows 8.1 rocks - I don't understand the criticism and complaining about it that I have seen in many reviews. It is logical, fast and it works.

The Amazon pricing by assorted vendors for the Surface Pro 2 is inflated - if out of stock at the Microsoft website leave your email address because Microsoft's representatives will contact you promptly with availability and a lower price and a great attitude - check BestBuy for restocking, their price is lower than Amazon.
on January 28, 2014
I bought mine off the Microsoft site, and this definitely has the "cool factor". At this size and weight, it's almost like carrying around a tablet, but you get a full-fledged powerhouse computer! When people see it in it's sleeve (bought separately), they think it's a book. They're stunned when I open it up and reveal a full computer. I actually love Windows 8.1. You can use it in desktop mode, which we're all familiar with, or tile mode, which is really cool for easy access to all your apps. I find the desktop is what I use for serious work and the tiles are what I use for leisure and fun. And with the touchscreen, I don't even need a mouse. I hardly use the trackpad either. I just tap the screen to point the cursor or swipe to scroll. All I need is the keyboard and touchscreen for all the various movements. I don't need a tablet anymore. Why carry around a tablet with limited functions when this is just as portable and can do everything! So why four stars? Because of its size, my eyes get tired of the small print after awhile. If you have perfect vision, this could replace your regular laptop. I have mine next to me all the time so if I want to do something quick, it's so convenient to pick up and use. But for long periods, I need a larger screen. I almost forgot to mention the battery life is also excellent.
on February 25, 2014
With our current 23-inch monitors and the addition of the optional docking station, this somewhat expensive tablet is proving to be an excellent laptop replacement, but only if your budget will permit the extravagance. When docked, there's really no difference between the maxed-out Surface and a desktop or laptop unless you really need a DVD drive. With an added USB 3.0 hub and an external drive, even that's not a problem. The big plus is that this tablet undocks and becomes a very light and portable laptop. Love it!
on February 17, 2014
This is a full function, powerful computer that just happens to be able to be handled like a tablet if you wish. For business it has so much power for integrating work and excellent multitasking. It is a perfect size for portability. I have the type keyboard 2 and it feels better than my old laptops. I also picked up a Surface Arc Bluetooth mouse and just love it! The included pen is great for taking notes or drawing. For gamers, Sims 3 runs on it like a dream. I cannot say enough wonderful things about this machine!
on August 2, 2014
This computer is everything I wanted it to be and more. It runs photoshop faster than my desktop. With a cheap adapter cable I can use my 57" TV as a monitor. It comes with a fantastic Wacom pen that works better that the one on my desktop. It has plenty of memory and disk space and a usb port if I need more disk space. The screen is bright and clear. I can find nothing bad to say about this computer. I just can believe that it has all that power is such a small package. It is great for business meetings or to take on a trip.
on March 7, 2014
This device really defines what a tablet should be, performance, portability, solid build, very good battery life, no limits to software use.
I really love it. I am yet to connect it to the internet because of work reasons but I have it fully setup and running basic stuff. Boot up speed is excellent. Tried using my Galaxy note 10.1 pen on this device and it worked perfectly. The writing experience is phenomenal.
on August 24, 2014
Preordered directly from Microsoft to get it upon release last October have had it now for 10 months. The only reason for the four rather than five is that the first Surface Pro 2 I received was bad. I did get a replacement within a heartbeat and Microsoft Surface Pro 2 tech support is incredible. The good: Fast startup, choice of tablet or desktop formats, very intuitive, fits any regular sized tote. Took to Australia with me and it was with me all the time and I didn't even notice I was carrying it around but was at my fingertips for downloading pictures from my camera or sharing pictures or watching movies or keeping up with news. When it isn't around and I have to use someone's huge desktop or laptop I go nuts. Everything is so big and I keep tapping the screen hoping for response. Even when they are touch screens, they aren't as responsive as this one is. It does way more than I ask of it. Works like a charm. The bad: Can't think of anything bad about it at all. Sorry! I had a Fujitsu for five years that still works but I wore out the keys. I'm on my tablet lots. I wonder how long before I wear these out? But alas I don't really need the keyboard. And it would only be $100 to replace. Not major.
on July 12, 2015
I was on the fence between purchasing the Surface Pro 3 128 gb and this one. Well I finally decided on this one for a few reasons, 8gb RAM (vs. 4), 512 gb hd (vs 128), i5 4200U (vs 4300U) processor, only .20lbs heavier, accessories are cheaper, Microsoft 10 upgrade included, I don't use the camera or video, and I have to look really, really closely to notice a difference in the video for movies.

3 months after my purchase, I am very happy. Problems that have come up are power cord is annoying to connect, unit gets HOT, programs didn't function right a few times and had to close, and its really too heavy to function fully as a tablet. (these are the reasons for the 4 star rating) I dropped it once and almost had a heart attack, because it was about 3 feet but the unit works fine (reason why my rating should be 5 star). It didn't crack or have any problems (no cover or protection). Unit is a very good option for anyone who needs a lot of desktop functions on the go.
on February 27, 2015
Wonderful fast computer in a tablet size, chose the Pro 2 over the larger Pro 3 as the computers were basically the same, i5 processors. The pen works as promised, no longer have to carry my tablet for note taking.