Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on September 22, 2007
Good for drawing flowcharts for software. The standard version has the templates used for firmware. Able to export to Visio 2002. 1 month trial can be downloaded from Microsoft. Not as easy to use as Smart Draw, but Visio does not have problems staying on grid and will go full screen on large monitors, so I switched. Only program I have that wont print to Adobe Acrobat writer 5.0.
on April 28, 2009
I kept this product for more than 1 month in my cart and downloaded trial version to see if it can do the job. I wanted to use it for creating UML diagrams. It can do the job but it is not easy to do. UI is not informative and intuitive and you always fight placing connections between classes etc. Recently our company bought MagicDraw and installed on our office machines. I tried to create same diagram which I created in Visio (and SmartDraw too) in MagicDraw and was very impressed with its UI and correctness and ease of use. If you are really looking for UML, MagicDraw is the product.
on July 18, 2011
I purchased this out-of-date version of Visio because I have limited use for the product and it was substantially less expensive than the current version, and I was trained on an even earlier version prior to retirement. It does everything that I need it to do to describe work processes in an efficient and easy to use manner. Since I'm retired, have older computers, and XP operating systems, this product works without difficulty. It meshes well with my other Microsoft Office software, which is the 2007 version, as well.
on September 24, 2013
Microsoft Visio Standard 2007 [Old Version]I was an early adopter of Visio long before it became part of Microsoft. I used it for years in strategic planning, organization and process design, and process improvement work in the private sector, government, and education. Microsoft enhanced it over time to make it quite user friendly. While there are other similar products on the market, I don't think they have the depth that Visio offers. Six decades ago I learned English grammar by diagramming sentences; this is the same principle for understanding a wide variety of ideas from organizations to product concepts to strategies. I highly recommend it for every level of an organization or product, whether in the design stage or improvement stage. The outcome is always effectiveness.
on August 30, 2007
Much better than using PowerPoint to make organization charts, as we used to do. Format painter function could work better, as copying shapes and formats does not always work as desired.
on September 23, 2008
Does what I expected. The only better thing would be a Mac version. For those Mac users, it works perfectly on my Parallels installation of XP. I found no incompatibilities or issues. I often transfer my work to and from PC users without anyone realizing that it was done on a Mac.
on November 1, 2008
Had major problems installing this product onto a Vista machine that already had Office2007 installed. Had to spend 2 hours with Microsoft to get it loaded. Then it wouldn't accept my old files from previous Visio. Worked with Microsoft for 6 hours on this one. It turns out that Visio 2007 does NOT follow the file naming convention for Windows Files........ Had to change the names of all my old files before it would accept.
on May 14, 2010
We use this software for business process redesign. The interface can be slightly challenging for newbies or peopl who are unfamiliar with MS Office. However, all of our consultants have easily mastered using Visio and can produce high quality process flows for our clients using this product.
on February 7, 2014
This product was completely useless. We could not use it. When we tried to enter the product key by phone, we were told there were no more uses for this key-that they had been used up. I gave it one star because we were able to ship it back and get a refund.
on May 23, 2010
Visio for Windows 7 is okay...I use the Gantt and brainstorming to get proejcts completed in a group,,,group consensus.

See 1 answered question