Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Microsoft Windows 7 Anytime Upgrade (Starter to Home Premium) [Online Code]
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Platform: PC Download|Format: Online Code|Change
Price:$79.99 - $105.95

Showing 1-10 of 24 reviews(2 star). Show all reviews
on March 21, 2013
Rather than "WAU- Windows 7 Starter", the correct name of the product is "Windows 7 Home Premium (upgrade from Windows 7 Starter)". Note that Starter is only available to consumers on new PCs. Microsoft uses WAU (Windows Anytime Upgrade) to manage licensed features.
on August 1, 2010
As a netbook buyer, I was disappointed to find that Microsoft thought so little of my business they only included a half an operating system - Windows 7 STARTER? I decided maybe I was being cheap somehow, so I invested in the upgrade to Windows Home Premium, and now I'm asking myself WHY. There doesn't seem to be anything IN this product other than the ability to put on your own desktop picture. OK, maybe a little more than that, but so far I've found no usefulness and I'm sorry I spent the money. Apparently the upgrade allows you to watch videos/movies IF you also go out and buy an external DVD, but again, this isn't what I purchased my netbook for, so spending more for accessories I don't need in order to justify the updgrade seems a bit whacko.
Nope, sorry I bought this one.
on March 29, 2011
I purchased a Toshiba netbook with Windows 7 starter and it felt like I purchased a car with no seats. This was the first time I purchased a computer and was disappointed that they sent a stripped out operating system. After I installed the upgrade, I was not impressed: what has Microsoft been doing for the last ten years? They're selling cheap, stripped down versions of their software, so they can make money on the upgrades. Icons and graphics are large and the layout is inefficient. On a small netbook with a limited screen size this is a nuisance. Who's designing the software for Microsoft - their accountants?
TOP 500 REVIEWERon October 14, 2010
I have an Eee PC with Windows 7 Starter. I researched the benefits of Home Premium and I can't justify $80 to upgrade to Home Premium on my Eee PC. Unless you really need a Home Premium feature, why spend the money? On a desktop PC, I could understand, but for a netbook, Windows 7 Starter should work fine... I just recommend you upgrade to 2GB of RAM if you can. Spend the money to upgrade your RAM instead (if you only have 1GB).
on December 15, 2013
Beware of Microsoft products, this did not work for me because of a technicality in their software updating and activation services. Microsoft support was also very unhelpful even when I bought two of their products, so before buying make sure you know if it will work, it was unfortunately a purchase that should not have been made. That was my fault, but Microsoft was unwilling to help me out so I can't recommend their products.
on December 3, 2012
what ever happened to the windows disks you used to get. I got this thinkin it was a reboot for an operating system, but this is an upgrade for something i already got. Came in a hard case just to find a small card with a code in there, and u had to go to the site to use it. I tried it, and it dont work. Wasted my money on this product
on January 2, 2015
This anytime upgrade only works with Win 7 Starter and is not the way it was when I read the original description.
My Bad I Guess.
on January 27, 2011
The program does exactly what it should and make my netbook reasonably functional; however, the lack of basic features in Windows 7 Starter makes it look as if this product was created as nothing more than a money grab by Microsoft. After this, I plan on using the Ubuntu OS for my next computer and saving a few more of my hard earned dollars.
on March 9, 2014
I have never used it. I realized it was not the actual windows & AFTER I received it. More clarity on the seller's part would have helped. I am stuck with something I cannot use.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 1, 2014
It was only the key but no disc to help me get the computer running. So far I have had to return everything in the way of computer software. This is getting boring!