Use of this OEM System Builder Channel software is subject to the terms of the Microsoft OEM System Builder License. This software is intended for pre-installation on a new personal computer for resale. This OEM System Builder Channel software requires the assembler to provide end user support for the Windows software and cannot be transferred to another computer once it is installed. To acquire Windows software with support provided by Microsoft please see our full package "Retail" product offerings.
From the Manufacturer
Protect and Maintain
Help keep your files safe and all your devices running smoothly with Windows Home Server 2011, you can:
- Perform daily backups of every computer on your network, including the server.
- Restore everything from individual lost files to entire PCs.
- Easily restore your entire server in the event of a critical disaster.
- Have your files and devices sit behind your firewall with strong password controls.
- Share what you want and keep the rest private.
- Monitor the condition and performance of each computer in your home.
- Keep antivirus and other protection software up to date.
Organize and Access
Get your files in order and access them with ease:
- Store all your photos, movies, and other files in a central location.
- Get to all these files from any computer on your home network.
- Stream shared photos, music, and videos on network devices.
- Enjoy a common music collection with your family.
- Watch smoothly streaming video, digitally recorded TV shows, and Silverlight-powered slide shows, both in and outside your home.
- Watch digitally recorded shows and movies on your TV via an Xbox 360 or other supported digital media receiver.
- Get to your home network remotely.
- Automatic, daily backups of all of your families PCs
- Streaming of media files across your network
- Remote, online access to files and home-based PCs
- Extendable with add-ins and third-party apps