- Weight: 15.84 ounces
Microsoft KIN ONE Windows Phone (Verizon Wireless)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Amazon.com Product Description
The Microsoft KIN ONE with 2.6-inch touchscreen display.
Share videos, photos, text messages, Web pages, location and status updates with friends by simply dragging them to the KIN Spot at the bottom of the screen.
The slide-out full QWERTY keyboard.
You'll be able to easily share almost anything with almost anyone--photos, videos, or web sites, Twitter posts, map locations, and more--using the KIN Spot, a small colored dot at the bottom of the screen. Just drag it to the Spot, add the people you want to send it to by dragging them to the Spot, and then choose how you want to send it (e-mail or MMS).
Powered by Windows Phone OS for KIN, the KIN ONE features a 2.6-inch capacitive touchscreen display that's complemented by a full QWERTY keyboard that slides out from the bottom of the phone. The 5-megapixel camera is designed for use in low light with image stabilization and a bright LumiLED flash, enabling you to capture late-night snapshots. And all your photos and videos--as well as messages and contacts--get backed up to the secure KIN Studio Web site.
The KIN ONE is the first Windows Phone to feature a Zune-powered music and video experience, which also provides FM radio and podcast playback. With a Zune Pass subscription and Zune software on your PC, you can listen to millions of songs from Zune Marketplace on your KIN while on the go or load from your personal collection.
In addition to running on the fast Verizon Wireless 3G EV-DO data network, the KIN ONE can also connect to Wi-Fi networks (802.11 b/g), enabling you to view Web sites on the full HTML browser and download files using your home network as well as on-the-go hotspots. Other features include a 4 GB memory, Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, access to personal and corporate e-mail accounts, assisted GPS for location services, and 5.7 hours (340 minutes) of talk time.
A New Kind of Social PhoneWith the KIN ONE, social networking is built into the fabric of the phone via the following features.
- With the KIN Loop, all of your favorite people and things you love are right on your home screen in real time. You tell KIN who and what is important, and it delivers the latest updates from your favorite websites and social networks such as Facebook, MySpace, and Twitter.
- The KIN Spot is the new way to share. Share almost anything--photos, texts, Web pages--with almost anyone. Since the Spot is always on your screen, it's unbelievably easy to drop stuff into the Spot and send by text, e-mail or social network update.
- With the KIN Studio, almost everything on your phone--messages, contacts, photos and videos--are backed up to a private, password-protected Web site where you can visit all of your memories anywhere there is a computer. And with virtually unlimited storage, there's almost no limit to what you can keep.
- The KIN Camera captures all the moments that matter most, and makes it easy to share them. The KIN ONE has a 5-megapixel autofocus and an LED flash lens and anti-shake capability, enabling you to take amazing pictures even in low light, and post or share them with just one touch.
- Fast 3G connectivity thanks to the reliable Verizon Wireless EV-DO, Rev A network
- Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots on the go.
- Integration of social networks (Facebook, MySpace, Twitter) directly into the KIN Loop home screen
- Sharing of status messages, web pages, maps, feeds, photos and videos with the KIN Spot through messaging, social network upload (Facebook, MySpace, Windows Live)
- Messages, call history, contacts, photos, videos backed up and available at the secure KIN Studio Web site
- 2.6-inch capacitive touchscreen display (320 x 240 pixels)
- Slide-out full QWERTY keyboard
- Windows Phone OS for KIN
- 5-megapixel camera with autofocus lens, LED flash, and image stabilization.
- Video capture capabilities up to 640 x 480 pixels (VGA).
- Zune–powered music and video experience with over–the–air streaming and download of tracks with Zune Pass (a free 14-day trial is included; learn more below). Includes support for WMA, MP3, M4A, and AAC audio formats and WMV, MP4, and H.264 video formats.
- Bluetooth 2.1 connectivity with stereo music streaming (A2DP) capabilities as well as hands-free headsets and car kits.
- 4 GB of internal memory (not expandable)
- Access to text and picture messaging with messages as well as call history integrated into messaging and sorted by contacts.
- Access to personal and corporate (Exchange) e-mail with push capabilities and support for up to 10 e-mail accounts.
- Full HTML Web browser with local and Web search by Bing, and an RSS feed reader to pull down information on people and stories from the Web.
- Assisted GPS for location-based services and geotagging photos and videos.
- Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off
- Bilingual interface (English, Spanish)
- 3.5mm headset jack
- TTY compatible
- Hearing Aid Compatibility = M4/T3
The Microsoft KIN ONE weighs 3.9 ounces and measures 3.31 x 2.66 x 0.73 inches. Its lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 5.7 hours of talk time, and up to 210 hours (8.75 days) of standby time. It runs on the CDMA 800/1900 frequencies as well as EV–DO, Rev A 3G frequencies.
What's in the Box
Microsoft KIN ONE handset, rechargeable battery, charger, 3.5mm wired stereo headset, micro USB cable, quick start guide
- Reliable 3G Network: With support for the EV-DO high-speed data standard, you'll enjoy fast access to the Internet and Verizon Wireless multimedia services (additional charges applicable), with average download speeds ranging from 400 to 700 Kbps and peak rates up to 2 Mbps. (Learn more about where EV-DO coverage is offered.)
- Browse and search music in the Zune Catalog.
- Stream music (unlimited), enabling you to listen to music before purchasing.
- Download-to-Rent (DTR) tracks onto the KIN ONE, with playback as long as you keep your Zune Pass active. You can transfer tracks back to a PC via USB cable and using Zune PC software.
- Download-to-Own (DTO) up to 10 tracks per month with no digital rights management (or DRM), allowing you to keep the tracks forever even if your Zune Pass account isn't active.
Top Customer Reviews
Texting is easy, even one handed, it has a long battery life, and the camera and video quality is very good, but...
-You cannot forward a text
-You can't delete just one
-You can't resend a txt if the recipiant had a hard time getting it
(so basically, once the txt is sent, you can't select it again)
-There is no "drafts" box
-You can't "lock" a txt to keep it from being erased (not necessary, but something I was used to)
-Even to other verizon phones, if the message is more than 160 characters, it sends it as 2 txts
-And it doesn't inform you of how many characters you've typed, so sometimes the second txt will just be the last "." at the end of your previous text.
-The screen locks, but the volume buttons on the side remain active, so if the phone is in your pocket, it is very easy for it to turn itself off.
-The volume is VERY low, even on high, and it is hard to hear the phone going off.
-And the vibrate is low as well, and is hard to feel
-The phone doesn't show you the time texts were sent/recieved
-It has no arrow keys, the only way to get somewhere is by touching the screen, which is normally ok, but inconvenient when correcting a text. I've had the phone for 3 days and have already accidentally sent a txt when simply trying to correct a typo many times.
-I've yet to find a way to have an alarm JUST vibrate, even when the phone is set to only do that.
Overall, the phone's lack of basic features is very disappointing, and I don't recommend it.