Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

Color: Dragon Fruit Pink|Change
Price:$25.99+ Free shipping

on May 3, 2010
My boyfriend has the model before this, "Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 3000", and since I constantly used his, we decided that I should go ahead and get a wireless mouse myself. I searched for hours for a mouse that would meet my needs; something small, not too pricey, and would work on many different surfaces. I initially was going to purchase the same mouse as his, but I also wanted to see what else was out there. My first choice was the "Microsoft Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse 3000" in their Dragon Fruit color.. mainly because the mouse matched my laptop (appearance is always a first reaction of mine), was inexpensive, and had gotten good reviews! But.. I kept searching. After hours of looking at many different mice and reading many different reviews, I found the Mobile Mouse 3500. It had no reviews, so I was VERY skeptical about purchasing it. It caught my eye because it matched my Dell Insprion perfectly color wise, was small, and it was also the newer version of my boyfriend's mouse that I enjoyed so much. Microsoft's new "BlueTrack" technology was also very appealing to me, so being an electronics junkie, I had to try it out! The price exceeded my price range by a little, but this mouse ideally had everything I wanted in a mouse. I searched around to see if I could find a better deal, but since this is a mouse that was newly released, Amazon had the lowest price.

I finally ordered the mouse, and received it 2 days later (thanks Amazon!). The mouse fits snuggly in my hands (I have small hands), and has a nice rubber grip on each side. I was SHOCKED to see how small the nano receiver was. I knew it was going to be small, but this is TINY. About a 1/3 the size of Microsoft's other receivers. I actually love this, but it may be difficult for people with larger hands. There is a button that stores the receiver on the bottom of the mouse, and with just a push, it will push the receiver out for you, then when you have to store it, just push it back in. Like I said previously, this is great, but may be difficult for people with larger hands. The bottom also has an on and off button which I find very convenient. Unlike my boyfriend's mouse, I can leave my receiver in my laptop, and then just click off/on the mouse when it's not in use. With his mouse, you have to take out the receiver and store it back under the mouse for it to turn off.

Overall I am very happy with the mouse. The BlueTrack definitely works great. The mouse runs smooth, and the receiver doesn't overheat, even after hours of use! I have Windows 7 and had to download their software on their website to program the middle button, but it was quick and easy.

Pros:
Small
1 AA Battery
Smooth
Easy to setup
On/Off Button
Works on a lot of different surfaces

Cons:
Doesn't have a back button like the older model (3000) - ok with me though
Receiver might be hard for people with larger hands (boyfriend finds it easy though)
For me, I am very, very picky about purchasing a mouse. So recently I purchased two of this Microsoft 3500 Wireless Mouse and tested it on my Windows 8 laptop and on my Windows 7 desktop. So I just booted up each computer and plugged in the nano transmitter and the mouse worked perfectly (in each computer worked great). Because I highly suggest this mouse, below I share the reasons why I am very happy with this mouse:

1) Just Right Sized mouse - it is comfortable to hold even if you have small hands.

2) Buttons (left and right) are solidly made and they work very accurately and smoothly.

3) Smoothness of movement, scrolling, speed of mouse - This is a gentle type of mouse. For me, I found that when I use the mouse the pointer moves perfectly (no jumping around or jerkiness like some other brands of mouse).
Scrolling this mouse - the wheel of this mouse moved up and down to scroll SMOOTHLY!
Speed of mouse - When I clicked the mouse once or double click, it performed wonderfully (the speed and smoothness reminded me of an old large and curved MS Mouse that I had in the late 90's that I loved, you know that old corded MS Mouse. Here is what is amazing about the cordless Microsoft 3500 Mouse: For years I used that old and very large corded Microsoft White Serial mouse and had to have it on every new computer. With this new MS 3500 mouse, times are even better, I have that same smooth running mouse but no more long gray cord to worry about...

4) Construction of this mouse - Superb construction! The ease of clicking, double clicking etc and this mouse performed the same as my old and beloved White MS Mouse (corded).

5) Battery life: First Microsoft gives you a AA Duracell alkaline battery, you know, the copper-top battery. And they claim that this battery will last 8 months. For me, the battery life that I have received on every MS Wireless mouse is 6 - 7 months, however, I am hard on a mouse.

What I recommend to you: *If you a buying this for yourself, and want the convenience of a cordless mouse, look no more, I believe that you have found the best cordless mouse money can buy and the price is reasonable!

Highly recommend this SUPERB Mouse!
on January 5, 2011
I purchased this to use with my laptop and this is one of the best buys I've ever found....compact, responsive and I love the fact that I can save battery life with the on/off switch.
on August 17, 2013
This mouse works exactly as described. I use it on a couch cushion, since that is where I use my laptop most of the time. It works on newspaper and shiny magazine paper as well. I have yet to find a material that it will not work on.
on December 28, 2010
I bought this little mouse to replace a clunky old "wireless" mouse from GE. I hated that old mouse because the wireless receiver was too long and looked like another mouse at the end. I was always having to move it because the range was terrible. After dealing with that junk for over a year, I was desperate to replace it and I discovered the beauty of the nano receiver. I knew in an instant that this is the kind of mouse I wanted so I researched various brands to make sure I got the best one. It was a tie between this one and the HP comfort mouse. I went to Target last night and bought the HP Comfort Nano Mouse since the Microsoft one was out of stock but discovered that I did not like it because the click button on the left side. I took it back to another Target and exchanged it for this Microsoft mouse. It took about 2 minutes for the driver to install after inserting the nano receiver into my USB, but after that, it works like a charm! The only thing that I wish was better is the scroll button. It's a little stiff, but that's something I can work around. I am so glad that I don't have to deal with that ugly GE thing anymore. I'm keeping it just in case something goes wrong (you never can be too careful nowadays), but I have a good feeling that this mouse will last me a long time. Thanks Microsoft!

edited to add:

Less than a year of heavy use, this mouse has taken quite a beating. The ergonomic pad on the left side of the mouse has peeled off. It's also starting to use up batteries like crazy. Very sad. I may have to get a replacement soon.

After almost two years of use, the scroll button is malfunctioning. It keeps wanting to go back up when I scroll down.
on April 2, 2012
This mouse works great! It has a rubber feel to the sides so it grips nice and it fits the shape of the hand perfectly! Super easy to set up too only took about 5 to 10 seconds!
on November 4, 2013
I love this mouse! I just got it five days ago, but I've been using it a lot. I have long fingers (perfect for piano playing, not for mousing) and this is only the second mouse I've ever been comfortable using. I also have severe nerve damage in my neck that runs down my arm and into my hand and fingers, causing unimaginable pain. My hand is actually comfortable on this mouse. I even rest my hand on it when I'm not using it because it cradles my hand in such a way that eases the stress on my wrist, hand, and fingers. I use it on a mouse pad that has a gel wrist rest. I accidentally ordered two and I am very tempted to get another mouse pad with a gel wrist rest so that my left hand and wrist can rest on them. Also, I love the pink!
Of course, I'll have to keep my husband from stealing the extra first.
on August 24, 2013
Trouble-free installation, great tracking and a lot of versatility.

1) Plug & Play no hassle
2) Tracks on most any surface (except glass), even my roll-armed leather chair
3) Lots of programming set-up options

Bad for throwing across the room to discipline unruly rascals. Use wads of Play-Dough instead.

--Priscilla Berenson
on July 3, 2013
I bought one of these(in a different color) for my son's laptop and one for mine. I liked them so well I purchased this one for my wife. Her old one had the USB connector sticking out so far, I thought she might break it off while carrying her laptop around. This model mouse also fits really nice in your hand, not big and clumsy like some mouse's do.
on August 23, 2013
My friend needed a mouse for her laptop. She loves the color, Dragon Pink, I believe.It is a good size for what she wants, and supposedly the light at the bottom, a blue color, is bot as sensitive to surfaces as the red color used in older models. Nice product.