Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

Style Name: !other|Change
Price:$9.00+ Free shipping

on November 2, 2006
The review prior to this is an unfair low rating due to the fact he didn't know it already came with his 360. This item is only for people who need a new one or purchased a 360 without one. The 360 component cable is an excellent cable and great for high definition gameplay. 5 stars.
22 comments|64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 8, 2007
I felt compelled to write a review after some people gave it a low rating due to not reading product discriptions. If you bought the core system- 299- this does not come with the system only the standard yellow red white cables. So if you want to use a core system on your HDTV you need thsi cable.
22 comments|69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 20, 2013
I ordered this fine product from BuySPRY for $6.99 with free shipping, and I can say that it is the best purchase I have ever made. I received the cable 3 days later so I can't complain about slow shipping. I opened the package and the cable is wrapped in a green eco-bubble wrap which is great because it protects the product as well as being green. On the cable, there is a little switch that will switch the cable from TV to HDTV, so be aware when you are switching to higher quality. I tested the cable on my Westinghouse 32 inch LED TV which is capable of 720p at 60 Hz.

Turn your TV on. Once you plug the cable into your Xbox, make sure the switch is on TV. Now move the switch on the cable to HDTV. The Xbox will now re-boot and the TV will go black. Once the Xbox re-boots, your TV may just have a black screen. Don't worry, it took a little bit of how to change the setting. On my TV remote, there is a button called YPbPr. I clicked that and the display switched and the Xbox home screen appeared. Now go into your Display Setting, and set your resolution to your liking. I choose 1080i, then lowered it to 720p because it kinda lagged on 1080i.

Hope that my review helped you pick this cable for your Xbox.

Note: Interesting enough, my TV can run 1080i, which is above of its max resolution of 720p. Weird.
on January 22, 2014
I wish I had read all the 1 star reviews before I purchased. The original HD cable from Microsoft, as pictured (when I made my purchase and as I am writing this review), supports BOTH HD component video and composite video (yellow plug), 6 plugs in all, and has a switch to select between composite and HD. I need the composite to feed an old Dazzle video capture device, and bought this cable thinking I could connect to both my HD TV and the Dazzle device rather than swapping cables. What they shipped was a different version of HD component cable, black not grey, and it ONLY supports HD component video, 5 plugs total (red, green, blue component and 2 stereo audio), which is fine for those who only want the RGB plugs for HD component video, but not what I need, and not what is pictured. (There is also no TOSLINK optical 5.1 audio out like the original had, in case you want that instead of basic stereo).
review image
on December 9, 2010
just to let the people that are buying the new slim console. you dont get these with console. you get a a/v wire standard definition wires, that are not going to give you high definition.
on November 12, 2011
Actually, deny what many would have you think, this is a genuine Microsoft cable. Also, as the price and reviews suggest, this cable is probably used. Mine did not come in the original package, and did appear to be slightly discolored. Again, not because it's a "fake" cable, but because it's not new. I don't know how to prove that it's used, but i can definitely tell you that it has some age. Other than that, the cable is perfect. Works great, no problems. I bought this cable because I ran out of HDMI ports on my TV, but had plenty of spare Component ports. This cable is capable of displaying 1080p for games, but only 1080i for content from Zune. This may not be an issue for you if your TV is smaller than 50 inches(like mine) or if your TV isn't capable of handling more than 720p over component(like most older HDTV units). I would not hesitate to buy this cable again, because it works with no problems and saved me tons of money. Remember, HDMI = Waste of Money.
on October 27, 2011
Just realize that when you buy this, you will likely get a non-genuine Microsoft cable -- if that matters to you. I expected a Microsoft brand name cable based off the description, however, the offbrand unit I received works, so I'm not going to bother with a return.
on July 23, 2013
This is the only way to play Minecraft split screen using component cables instead of the rca cables the Xbox comes with. Now we can play up to 4 people on 1 TV. I also bought an HDMI cord for when we play it on the TV that has HDMI - again, it's the only way to play multi-player on Minecraft. (Must make sure your HD settings on Xbox 360 are 720 or higher)
on November 30, 2006
This cable comes with the $399 version of the xbox. The only reason you would need this cable would be for the "core" model or yours broke.
on March 12, 2011
My Prime order was fulfilled by Springledge Entertainment. The cable arrived on time but was obviously used and shrink-wrapped. No original packaging, and there was dirt on the connector. A little disappointing, but for $10 as long as the cable works I'm not going to get too worked up. I do wish Amazon cleared up new vs. used with their vendors though.