1,068 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my Windows 7 laptop! Plug-&-play, works great!
Published on January 8, 2012 by David R. Canjura

3.0 out of 5 stars Allow me to save you $15
If you're looking to purchase the wired version of this Xbox / PC controller, there is no reason you should be paying $50 to buy it from Pavilion Electronics (fulfilled by Amazon). Buy from this link instead (directly from Amazon): Xbox 360 Wired Controller - Black

Published 17 months ago by J. DEMELO

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my Windows 7 laptop! Plug-&-play, works great!, January 8, 2012
This review is from: Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller for Windows (Personal Computers)
I bought this controller because I needed something that was truely plug and play. It works flawlessly on my Windows 7 Professional 64 bit laptop. I chose the "For Windows" version of the XBOX 360 controller simply because I didn't want to take a chance with other controllers not being recognized or working incorrectly. I don't have an XBOX 360 and wanted this specifically for my Windows computer. It is a perfect match! This controller is recognized immediately by Windows which installs the drivers automatically. If you want you can also go to the Microsoft website and download the latest software/drivers too.

The controller itself works as described with no problems whatsoever. I am using this controller along with another XBOX 360 controller to play multiplayer games on a Nintendo 64 emulator (Project 64) on my PC. Assigning the buttons is easy, but the rumble does not work without installing a plugin (not the controllers fault, just letting you know). I don't mind not having rumble at the moment as it does not affect game play and will install the necessary rumble plugin some day. This controller also works with many other PC games.

I highly recommend a Microsoft controller over a third-party controller! The quality is worth the money. I also recommend going with this USB wired controller over a wireless version so you don't have to bother with batteries or charging. Its simply plug and play and I can't really ask for more than that. Great controller for Windows computers, buy this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid product, September 20, 2011
When my Xbox 360 RROD'd (way past warranty), I decided not to drop $250 on another one. I don't play a ton of games, and can find what I want for the pc. I was already signed up on Steam, and at first I tried a gamepad made by a company that makes the heavy-duty gamer controls, but that wouldn't even work! Thanks to Amazon, I was able to return it, even refunded return shipping. I bought this unit, popped in the setup disc, drivers loaded, plugged it in and it worked on every game that supports gamepads. Plus, having played Xbox for a couple of years, it was completely comfortable. Well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars same as "Xbox 360 Wired Controller", so just get the cheaper one!, February 25, 2012
Same as Xbox 360 Wired Controller except Xbox 360 Wired Controller does NOT include the software/driver CD (just download the software/driver from Microsoft's website for free). Buy whatever one is cheaper!

It is very comfortable to hold.
All the buttons are right where you need them, and they have a good feel when pressed.
The two thumb joysticks are very precise.
The cord is really long (9 feet).
It feels very solid and well built.

If you are looking for a gamepad for your PC, definitely consider this one.
I'm very happy with my purchase, and look forward to using it with many games.
I'm running Windows XP Home Edition SP3.
For the link to download the drivers, view the first comment to this review.
Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pefect!, August 28, 2011
Misael E. Ramirez (Boca Raton, FL USA) - See all my reviews
No problems with this wired controller! I bought it for my computer and works as expected. I also tested the controller in a Xbox 360 and it worked well too! No problems installing drivers either! (Windows Update took care of that)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good controller BUT..., November 14, 2012
Comparing this to a cheap USB controller and there is no comparison- the Xbox controller wins across the board! It is a quality controller. HOWEVER it is missing a key feature IMO that would be easy for Microsoft to implement, especially since they want you to install their special software before using the game pad.

Issue) The two back "trigger" buttons on top cannot be used in older/non-Microsoft-certified games. The system doesn't consider them "buttons" but a "Z" axis. Unfortunately that means there are 2 useless buttons in prime locations I can't use on my older games. Microsoft should offer a software option to make these buttons work like normal buttons on the game pad. There is other software out there by 3rd parties that can do this but it is not free and frankly I trust 3rd party software less and less these days.

5.0 out of 5 stars None other than Microsoft, July 1, 2012
I own four xbox controllers, three wireless and now this perfection. Main draw to it was the fact it is wired to save on batteries. The wire isn't huge but long enough to go from my xbox to the couch with left over slack, it's just right. Not only that, it's solid black rather than the white and $10 cheaper than the only labelled xbox wired controller. Why? I have no idea! I have seen this happen everywhere and there is no difference except packaging.

Most know the design of the xbox controller and this hasn't changed from the original. It's still sleek and lightweight (even lighter without the batteries/battery pack) and has flawless mechanics. Two 360 degree analog sticks, numpad, 4 buttons with left and right bumpers/triggers, back/start button and the standard xbox dashboard button. The feel is very natural, it fits in your hands perfectly and the button lay outs are exactly where you'd want them. Unlike the PS3 controller the triggers are sturdy and responsive and the movement analog stick is above the right rather than side by side as well (two qualities I don't like with the ps3 controller). I've tried a few other PC controllers but none quite match the design/structure of the xboxs. The actual in-game response is more accurate than other controllers I've tried. Some non-Microsoft controllers are cheaper but after a while of use you'll notice that it won't react as accurate to your movements as you'd expect. May not be noticeable or a issue to all, but something to watch for.

Just to be clear this controller works for both PC and xbox console, I've used on both and its perfect. Battlefield 3 will pick it up without any key binding set-up at all as well. They are also pretty durable, I have two white wireless controllers from years back since my original xbox purchase and still running like troopers. Hard to go wrong for only $30. Also your chatpads, microphones etc will all work with this as they normally - tested this as well. Controller comes with a support disc to install a driver for your controller on PC - not 100% if this is necessary because I installed first without testing. It's a under 2 minute installation.

PROS:

- Works for both PC/xbox and controller accessories
- Wired (good length), lightweight and sleek black
- Responsive, comfortable and Microsoft made
- Cheaper than other Microsoft controllers including the wired controller labelled for xbox 360
- Comes with support disc

CONS:

- Can't rate it six stars?

Thanks for reading!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great way to play X-Box games on your PC, December 31, 2011
I am a PS3 Owner, and if you have ever tried to link your PS3 controllers to a computer it is a pain, requiring you to download a bunch of files from shady websites etc. And the vast majority of 3rd party controllers are overpriced and/or break easily. The biggest benefit to this controller however, is that if you hook up your TV to your computer through a VGA cable (or just play through your monitor) you can play the PC versions of most X-Box games as if you had an X-Box.

Also installation couldn't be easier. Since this is a Microsoft product, all you have to do it put the controller into a USB port on your computer, and in about 30 seconds it is set up and working. You don't even need to push a single button.

3.0 out of 5 stars Allow me to save you $15, March 27, 2013

It's the exact same product. Xbox controllers (wired or wireless)work on both PC and Xbox. There is no such thing as an Xbox controller that works for only PC. I think this is being listed as a "Controller for Windows" just to get PC gamers to pay the premium.

You're welcome.

5.0 out of 5 stars works great on my new pc i built with windows 7, plays all my steam games, September 7, 2011
cant wait for assassins creed revelations to come out now that i dont have to play it on a keyboard... some games are better with a controller. I like FPS games on keyboard but a game like AC or Prince of Persia is much nicer with a controller

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for Windows and Mac, May 15, 2012
Jason R Francis (Valencia, California, US) - See all my reviews
I bought this controller as I am a fan of it from the 360 console I own and I was just not satisfied with my Logitech game pad, so I thought.. what the heck.. I'll buy it. I ripped open the package and installed the drivers disc inculded (I'm on a ship and downloads take a while so I was thankful for the cd) plugged in the controller and started testing it on various games on my windows side of my macbook pro. All games that support controllers just simply worked.. no configuring.. just worked. I'm a fan of the lego games (star wars ,indiana jones and batman) and it played just like my 360. Dirt played well.. my old console emulators worked great with little setup (just assigned the buttons). I then decided to test it on the mac side of things. Had to do a quick search for the mac drivers on the net, installed and it works the same. Fantastic. This controller is well above the rest in the market today, and by far the most comfortable controller I have ever used. My only complaint is that it didn't work on the mac for the game Limbo.. but that's the games fault, not this product. It was so good I bought a second one so me and my girlfriend can play games together. Would recommend to anyone.

Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller for Windows