Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Nothing But Thieves Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on January 8, 2012
I bought this controller because I needed something that was truely plug and play. It works flawlessly on my Windows 7 Professional 64 bit laptop. I chose the "For Windows" version of the XBOX 360 controller simply because I didn't want to take a chance with other controllers not being recognized or working incorrectly. I don't have an XBOX 360 and wanted this specifically for my Windows computer. It is a perfect match! This controller is recognized immediately by Windows which installs the drivers automatically. If you want you can also go to the Microsoft website and download the latest software/drivers too.

The controller itself works as described with no problems whatsoever. I am using this controller along with another XBOX 360 controller to play multiplayer games on a Nintendo 64 emulator (Project 64) on my PC. Assigning the buttons is easy, but the rumble does not work without installing a plugin (not the controllers fault, just letting you know). I don't mind not having rumble at the moment as it does not affect game play and will install the necessary rumble plugin some day. This controller also works with many other PC games.

I highly recommend a Microsoft controller over a third-party controller! The quality is worth the money. I also recommend going with this USB wired controller over a wireless version so you don't have to bother with batteries or charging. Its simply plug and play and I can't really ask for more than that. Great controller for Windows computers, buy this one!
77 comments287 of 294 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 20, 2011
When my Xbox 360 RROD'd (way past warranty), I decided not to drop $250 on another one. I don't play a ton of games, and can find what I want for the pc. I was already signed up on Steam, and at first I tried a gamepad made by a company that makes the heavy-duty gamer controls, but that wouldn't even work! Thanks to Amazon, I was able to return it, even refunded return shipping. I bought this unit, popped in the setup disc, drivers loaded, plugged it in and it worked on every game that supports gamepads. Plus, having played Xbox for a couple of years, it was completely comfortable. Well worth the money.
44 comments183 of 197 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Amazon ASIN B004QRKWLA Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller for Windows - Wired version is the same as Amazon ASIN B003ZSN600 Xbox 360 Wired Controller - Wired version. The difference is that ASIN B003ZSN600 does NOT include the software/driver CD (just download the software/driver from Microsoft's website for free). Buy whatever one is cheaper!

It is very comfortable to hold.
All the buttons are right where you need them, and they have a good feel when pressed.
The two thumb joysticks are very precise.
The cord is really long (9 feet).
It feels very solid and well built.

If you are looking for a gamepad for your PC, definitely consider this one.
I'm very happy with my purchase, and look forward to using it with many games.
I'm running Windows XP Home Edition SP3.
For the link to download the drivers, view the first comment to this review.
Enjoy!
88 comments132 of 148 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 14, 2012
Comparing this to a cheap USB controller and there is no comparison- the Xbox controller wins across the board! It is a quality controller. HOWEVER it is missing a key feature IMO that would be easy for Microsoft to implement, especially since they want you to install their special software before using the game pad.

Issue) The two back "trigger" buttons on top cannot be used in older/non-Microsoft-certified games. The system doesn't consider them "buttons" but a "Z" axis. Unfortunately that means there are 2 useless buttons in prime locations I can't use on my older games. Microsoft should offer a software option to make these buttons work like normal buttons on the game pad. There is other software out there by 3rd parties that can do this but it is not free and frankly I trust 3rd party software less and less these days.
22 comments44 of 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 28, 2011
No problems with this wired controller! I bought it for my computer and works as expected. I also tested the controller in a Xbox 360 and it worked well too! No problems installing drivers either! (Windows Update took care of that)
66 comments73 of 83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 1, 2012
I own four xbox controllers, three wireless and now this perfection. Main draw to it was the fact it is wired to save on batteries. The wire isn't huge but long enough to go from my xbox to the couch with left over slack, it's just right. Not only that, it's solid black rather than the white and $10 cheaper than the only labelled xbox wired controller. Why? I have no idea! I have seen this happen everywhere and there is no difference except packaging.

Most know the design of the xbox controller and this hasn't changed from the original. It's still sleek and lightweight (even lighter without the batteries/battery pack) and has flawless mechanics. Two 360 degree analog sticks, numpad, 4 buttons with left and right bumpers/triggers, back/start button and the standard xbox dashboard button. The feel is very natural, it fits in your hands perfectly and the button lay outs are exactly where you'd want them. Unlike the PS3 controller the triggers are sturdy and responsive and the movement analog stick is above the right rather than side by side as well (two qualities I don't like with the ps3 controller). I've tried a few other PC controllers but none quite match the design/structure of the xboxs. The actual in-game response is more accurate than other controllers I've tried. Some non-Microsoft controllers are cheaper but after a while of use you'll notice that it won't react as accurate to your movements as you'd expect. May not be noticeable or a issue to all, but something to watch for.

Just to be clear this controller works for both PC and xbox console, I've used on both and its perfect. Battlefield 3 will pick it up without any key binding set-up at all as well. They are also pretty durable, I have two white wireless controllers from years back since my original xbox purchase and still running like troopers. Hard to go wrong for only $30. Also your chatpads, microphones etc will all work with this as they normally - tested this as well. Controller comes with a support disc to install a driver for your controller on PC - not 100% if this is necessary because I installed first without testing. It's a under 2 minute installation.

PROS:

- Works for both PC/xbox and controller accessories
- Wired (good length), lightweight and sleek black
- Responsive, comfortable and Microsoft made
- Cheaper than other Microsoft controllers including the wired controller labelled for xbox 360
- Comes with support disc

CONS:

- Can't rate it six stars?

Thanks for reading!
1212 comments50 of 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 12, 2014
just opened the package and box is damage , the controller is scratch !!!! it supposed to be new!!. looks used...
by the way the controller is working good but im paying for something new not scratch
review image review image review image
22 comments31 of 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 26, 2014
It looks and feels poorly made. I got this thing to kill time while I'm in Afghanistan. I bought it, had it shipped to my house, packed it away in my trunk (without even opening it), and shipped it to the Stan. It arrived here in perfect condition. I took it out of the box about 9 days ago. Haven't been rough with it... and this morning I find that the wires are exposed near the controller. The rubber protection around the signal wires cracked and now I have exposed wires. Great... just great...
review image
55 comments47 of 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 20, 2015
I bought this to game with on PC and i am happy i did it works great it is a real Xbox controller not like the other fake cheap ones on amazon it works with every game i tried so far on most of the games coming out on PC when you look at the controller options it has a picture of the Xbox controller so the safe bet is to buy this one don't be cheap and buy the cheaper one cause you might regret it if it don't work correct when you plug this in install the CD it came with and that's it when you start a game it automatically changes to the controller i was playing assassins creed black flag with mouse and keyboard the game play with the controller is 10x better it is wired so its a little skinner then one with the battery back on back and little lighter it has vibration 2 cant get that with mouse and keyboard and the cord is long has to be around 10ft
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on December 31, 2011
I am a PS3 Owner, and if you have ever tried to link your PS3 controllers to a computer it is a pain, requiring you to download a bunch of files from shady websites etc. And the vast majority of 3rd party controllers are overpriced and/or break easily. The biggest benefit to this controller however, is that if you hook up your TV to your computer through a VGA cable (or just play through your monitor) you can play the PC versions of most X-Box games as if you had an X-Box.

Also installation couldn't be easier. Since this is a Microsoft product, all you have to do it put the controller into a USB port on your computer, and in about 30 seconds it is set up and working. You don't even need to push a single button.