Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Microsoft Xbox 360 Chatpad "Genuine Original"
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 9, 2014
it was ever so slightly used, it was apparent by the reflective "microsoft" sticker on the back, that had some scrapes in it, and the "G" key is dimmer than the other ones. Other than the aesthetics, im satisfied. if it was 10$ instead of 15$, i wouldve given it 5 stars. the ease of access to the friends/messaging menu makes it that much cooler. i recommend.
on February 3, 2014
This Chatpad is a great addition to the 360 control pad. I love having the option of integrated keyboard and the light up keys.

I've tried using xbox Smartglass on my phone but I just prefer the convenience of the chatpad. I have no problem with it interfering with my grip on the controller and the weight is negligible.
on December 15, 2014
Bought this for my little brother for Christmas, I tried it out on his controller before I wrapped it. Super easy to use and does have a plug on it so he can plug his headphones into the actual keyboard to use both at the same time! Love the fact that it lights up so it's great for night time use! However it is a little tricky to get the keyboard to fully snap onto the controller for use
on January 26, 2014
I HATE typing with the joysticks. It is great for sending messages, punching in codes, and even works with some games. My wife uses it on Wheel of Fortune. The backlit buttons are a definite bonus. I leave it on my controller all the time since it feels more comfortable to me.
on December 30, 2013
The keys light up...are easy to click, and very responsive. Fits nicely and matches the new black xbox 360 controllers.
on February 4, 2014
Love this for search & chat; features a lightup keyboard which is very handy, and goes to sleep after a while of not typing to save on battery. Connects easily and solidly (FYI does not work with Squidgrips -another product you should check out-, without question a good buy! Dont waste your time with other products.
on January 6, 2015
I was about to return my Chatpad after I tried it with two different Xbox controllers and it didn't seem to work. Once I got it connected properly, it worked fine. It has to be aligned just right, and snapped firmly into place with a surprising amount of force.

At first I was sure it was installed properly, but it wasn't. Looking at the controller from the back, I could see that one side of the Chatpad was aligned flush with the controller but there was still a small gap on the other side. If it's aligned properly and snapped into place, the keyboard should light up when any key is pressed.

I don't use chat, but I wanted to be able to enter searches more easily. The keyboard works fine with the Amazon Prime, Netflix and YouTube apps as well as all of the native Xbox search/configuration screens. It is small, almost like a Blackberry keyboard, but it's a lot better than stick-and-click using the controller.
on June 1, 2014
I purchased this with a windows version of the xbox360 controller. While I can get the controller to work on the computer, I cant get this to work. It recommended this item when I purchased the windows 360 controller.
on January 3, 2014
If you use any of the apps or IE search on Xbox 360 then you must have this. Makes it so much easier. No complaints. Snapped right in and worked as described. Don't do that hunt/peck with the controller...even just to put in a password its a pain without this.
on November 10, 2014
$12 with prime shipping at time of purchase.

As advertised, a genuine(as far as I can tell) black 360 chat pad. It works and HAS backlit keys. I am using it on my pc in concert with my wired xbox controller. It take a bit of setup set aside a few hours not including research(I can link the process if anyone is interested. Full setup only works with WIRED xbox controller as far as I know as of this date) but in the end you can fully use the xbox controller as a gaming controller and mouse(in and out of games) and use the chatpad as a full keyboard. For this review I am using my controller setup to type this review(as well as browse around the web) without a traditional keyboard or mouse and is pretty comfortable if you are used to xbox 360 controllers anyway.