7,829 Reviews
 (6,610)

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than buying one in a retail store.
I decided to purchase one of these when my current subscription expired. It took a matter of minutes, and I was logged back on to my Live account. It was also about $10-12 cheaper than it would've been if I went to my local big box store (not to mention gas and time). Here are the steps that I took:

1. Purchased it on Amazon.com
2. Checked my e-mail...
Published on August 23, 2011 by Trent S.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed
When I scratched off the back to get the code it's all smudged and I can't read it! Not happy at all!
Published 2 months ago by Lisa

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than buying one in a retail store., August 23, 2011
Trent S. (Indianapolis, IN) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars

1. Purchased it on Amazon.com
2. Checked my e-mail to retrieve my Xbox Live Code immediately after purchase.
3. Logged onto my account on xbox.com, and put the Xbox Live Code in. (Or enter the code on the Xbox 360 dashboard.)
4. Turned on my 360 and viola! Instantaneous access.

I plan on purchasing this again when my current subscription is up. It's a total no brainer.

1,157 of 1,264 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Prepaid Is Better, December 19, 2006
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
To start off, I'd like to say that X-Box Live is amazing and worth every penny. Online gaming is incredibly fun and quite a good way to pass time.

That aside, there are downsides to X-Box Live that can be avoided through prepaid cards. Number one, you always run the risk that unwarranted transactions will be made if your credit card information is stored on your X-Box 360 system. It may not happen all that often, but it's best to avoid it all together.

The biggest reason to buy prepaid Xbox Live card is the renewal process that happens when you don't use one. If you order X-Box Live through your system, it'll renew every time your subscription runs out. This wouldn't be a problem except that it's not that easy to cancel. Instead of canceling through your system, you have to go through the hassle of actually calling X-Box Live support. Even then, depending on the representative you get, you may be hassled to keep your subscription because they really don't want you to cancel it. I'm guessing that's part of their job to convince you to keep it, but it still is frustrating to the person that is trying to cancel it.

You'll have to go through this process every time you want to cancel if you don't use a prepaid card. Is that hassle really worth it? I don't think so. Therefore, avoid all of the problems by simply buying a prepaid card. You won't be sorry.

UPDATE: (3/6/2011): I updated this review about a year ago pointing out that you could disable the subscription on X-Box Live's website. As of this update, they've taken that feature away again. I'm guessing Microsoft must have seen a major increase on people who canceled their subscription, thus now forcing you to call their customer service hot-line again to cancel. Even if they add it back, just save yourself the hassle and get a prepaid card. You never have to worry about dealing with customer service that will try their hardest to get you to stay on as a recurring customer. Amazon also gives great deals throughout the year. You could save yourself $20 to $30 sometimes just by checking to see if Amazon has these prepaid cards on sale. What's not to love about that?

5.0 out of 5 stars Kid needed and I got it!, January 7, 2014
Darin D (washington dc) - See all my reviews
My kid needed this to go on line and kill zombies. Who am I to stop my kid from saving the world.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Simple, Safe Way to Renew XBox Live!, November 14, 2014
I just noticed that it's just about that time again. Every December marks the annual renewal of our XBOX Live Account. With that said, our family has been using Live for almost ten years and we've found that these codes from Amazon are the simplest and safest way to renew or even start a new XBOX Live Account.

To start of renew, you have the choice of using your own credit/debit card, a store bought card, or an online gaming code. I've renewed our account using all of these methods and the code from Amazon has been the best way to go. Last Christmas Eve, I saved close to $20.00 and got this code for $39.99. That's quite a big savings and well worth the price.

I belive XBOX Live will let you piggy back these (up to three years). So, when they're on sale, it's best to get them then; and just put the codes that come to the email address registered with Amazon into your XBOX Live Account.

I highly recommend Amazon and this method for all of your XBOX Live needs!

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT, January 28, 2014
This is probably the best deal i have had in a very long time, for xbox live at least. This is or was a must get

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Deal, November 23, 2012
Just received my code instantly. The only other place I've seen that does this is instaGC and you can get instant cards there too. Thanks Amazon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works in Canada!, December 28, 2012
I was a little concerned about this, since it states USA only, but it was on sale, and I figured it was worth a try. THe code works even in Canada!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheaper than purchasing direct from Microsoft, October 5, 2014
The benefits to having an Xbox Live account have increased over the years. With a Gold account, you can download two free games every month. Some of these are major name brand games that are a few years old, but originally sold for $50 and $60 each. You also need an Xbox live account to use some of the features on your Xbox such as Netflix.

There are also free games that you can play as an Xbox Live member, such as World of Tanks.

If you already have an Xbox Live Gold Account, using this card and entering the number into your existing Xbox Live Account will extend your membership. You do not have to wait until your current membership expires. This is actually cheaper than the automatic renewal online.

5.0 out of 5 stars Xbox live Gold, March 24, 2013
Not much I can say about this but if you own an xbox and want live, you need this. I will say DO NOT purchase this item if is more than $40 as you can find it for $35 else where. I ended up purchasing this for $30 with a special deal at the time so I got a great deal.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed, December 29, 2014
This review is from: Microsoft Xbox LIVE 12 Month Gold Membership (Video Game)

Microsoft Xbox LIVE 12 Month Gold Membership
Microsoft Xbox LIVE 12 Month Gold Membership by Microsoft Software (Xbox 360 / One)
$59.99 $46.88