From the Manufacturer
Microsoft Streets & Trips 2013 with GPS Locator
Explore the sights of the United States and Canada with Microsoft Streets & Trips 2013 with GPS Locator. It includes a GPS locator that plugs directly into your laptop and provides full-screen navigation, spoken directions, and automatic rerouting. Plan a family vacation, optimize your business travel, or plan a trip around a hobby from amusement parks to historical sites. Tailor your trip to your personal style, such as preferred road types, start and stop times, and more. Streets & Trips makes your travels an adventure with over 2.5 million points of interest to help you find interesting stops along the way with no Internet required. Explore new places, generate maps and directions, and even add your own contacts. Get lost in the adventure - not trying to find it.
Maps, Directions, and Inspirations
A road trip is about more than "just getting there." Adventure awaits and Streets & Trips can help you coordinate your adventure from start to finish – including multiple destinations, rest stops, scenic detours, fuel stops, and more. Explore the United States and Canada with updated maps and over 150,000 new miles of roads. Calculate your mileage, fuel costs, and arrival times, and compare different routes you’re considering before you leave. Free construction updates will help you avoid delays – and maybe find a new favorite spot along a detour route.
Get even more when you are connected to the Internet. See customer ratings and reviews to take the guesswork out of where to go, and then take a peek at that location using Bing maps bird’s eye aerial imagery when you are online. Share your itinerary and trip details with friends and family and you just might inspire your friends and family to take their own trip.
Tailored to You
Do you prefer speedy and efficient highways or leisurely backroads? Either way, you can tailor your trip to your preferences. Easily set preferred driving speeds, road types, driving times, and more. Try one-click optimization and you might save time and money on fuel.
Create a trip tailored around your favorite hobby whether you are a history buff, BBQ enthusiast, or NASCAR fan. Use the more than 2.5 million included points of interest to find interesting stops or easily add your custom points of interest. See friends or family along the way by adding your Microsoft Outlook contacts. Keep track of the details by personalizing your maps with notes about planned stops, reservation details, phone numbers, and more.
Navigation on the Go
Find your way easily with detailed, turn-by-turn directions and an easy-to-read night map. Streets & Trips is also a great companion to GPS devices. Use Streets & Trips to plan the perfect trip, including multiple stops, points of interest, and start and stop times. Then share the route to a Garmin device for easy navigation along the way.
Why Streets & Trips?
Streets & Trips helps you plan or make changes to your trip – even if there is no Internet access or cell phone signals. Maps, routes, and directions are always at your fingertips and you don’t have to wonder what other routes you could take. With Streets & Trips, you can plan nearly unlimited stops, easily compare route options, and change routes by dragging and dropping without worrying about connecting to the Internet.
No DVD Drive, No Problem
If your computer doesn’t have a CD or DVD drive, you may still purchase and install Streets & Trips as a software download, or you can find out how to install the DVD version at www.microsoft.com/streets/activate.
- GPS Locator included to turn your laptop into a navigation device with spoken directions, automatic re-routing, and full-screen navigation
- No Internet connection required
- Updated street-level maps of the United States and Canada with 150,000 new miles of roads
- More than 2.5 million points of interest including national parks, casinos, hotels, campgrounds, and more
- Change your route on-the-go by dragging and dropping
- View the quickest routes with one-click trip optimization; add notes for planned stops, reservations, phone numbers, or other details
- Customize your trip with preferences such as driving times and speeds, start and stop times, and road types
- Calculate fuel costs before you go
- Share trips to your Garmin device for navigation and spoken directions
- See customer ratings and reviews on businesses when you are online
- Share trip details, such as route information and stops, with friends and family
- Easy-to-read night map display for navigating in low light
- Bing aerial map views and search results (when connected to the Internet)
- Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 (32 bit), or Windows XP (32 bit)
- 1 GB RAM for 32 bit OS, 2 GB RAM for 64 bit OS, 256 MB RAM for Windows XP
- 2 GB available hard-disk space
- DVD drive or high speed Internet access for installation
- 1024 X 768 or higher resolution monitor
Additional items or services are required to use certain features:
- Microsoft Outlook 2007 or 2010 required to use Send To features
- Broadband Internet service (connect time charges may apply)
- GPS device that supports NMEA 2.0 or later and USB port
- Internet Explorer (will not displace your primary browser)