Microtel Computer® AMTI9041 Gaming Computer with 3.4GHz AMD Phenom II X4 965 Processor, 12GB DDR3 1333mhz, 1TB Hard Drive 7200RPM, 24X DVD-RW, Nvidia 550 GTX-TI 1GB Video Card, Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Full Version CD - 64 bit + WiFi
- AMD Phenom II x4 Processor 3.4GHz
- 12GB DDR3 RAM
- 1TB Hard Drive
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
Top Customer Reviews
But enough about the graphics. the 12 GB of RAM allows me to have Camtasia studio, a ventrillo server, and a WoW server run at the same time and use about 20% of my RAM and 16% of the Quad-Core Processor.
The only flaw that I've found is that the graphics card seems to get hot quickly (especially after overclocking), however this can be fixed by turning up the fan speed in the NVIDA Control Panel.
This is a great PC at a great price.
EDIT: I've been able to get too overclocking the CPU and GPU, I'm now running my CPU at 4.8 Ghz with the stock cooling, If you try to overclock it to 4.9 Ghz it will probably crash. Both the CPU and the graphics card are easy and safe to overclock without having to touch the voltages if you don't want to. Both the graphics card and the CPU come with software pre-installed on the computer for easy overclocking, just watch out when using these programs as i believe they may void the warranty.Read more ›
* Performance for the price - I seriously doubt you can get anything faster for the money we paid. The 4-core AMD Phenom II plus 12GB or RAM plus a not too shabby Nvidia 550 GTX for graphics make this handle everything with ease and grace. My kid is currently playing Diablo 3 at max res and max frame rate with a bunch of other things such as Skype running at the same time and everything is as responsive as when playing Solitaire. I have little doubt that you can buy faster computers if you paid more but I also have little doubt that this box can handle anything 'gaming' in existence today and probably anything likely to emerge in the next couple of years.
* Features - I already mentioned the CPU, 12 GB of RAM which is more than what you normally get installed and graphics but add to that: built-in Wi-Fi (most off the shelf gaming computers in this price range don't have one), USB 3.0 ports, 1 TB or disk space. Oh, I almost forgot, the graphics card supports HDMI output (nice) besides VGA and DVI.
* Windows 7 - it screams on this box. Everything loads quickly and in the 2 weeks we've been using Microtel's machine... no crashes. I'm impressed.
* No crapware/bloatware. Unlike most off-the-shelf laptops/PCs, this one came with near-zero useless 'free trial' antivirus, money management and whatever stuff preloaded.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Purchased it for gaming and that's what it's great for. If you are a gamer get this computer. The price is good and the graphics + RAM + Processor speed is excellent. Read morePublished 8 months ago by Ascended Appraisals LLC
hello there now I just have a question? im new to this and my friend tells me pc are way better then ps4 and xbox so right to the point. Read morePublished 11 months ago by Ronald
Besides the fact that the customer service is atrocious, the price of this computer is beyond absurd for the actual value you will get out of it. Read morePublished 12 months ago by Vincent debacco
I have had this for a few years now. Great PC, just wish I could use more modern gaming cards with it. Runs well and have had no issues.Published 18 months ago by Grifter
My boys' games would not run on my old Dell. I had no real idea what was necessary in a gaming computer -- some are so vastly expensive. Read morePublished on December 29, 2013 by Ann L. Myers
Very good system for the money. It is 2 years old now with very few problems. This computer can play most games at highest graphics.Published on November 30, 2013 by Rhonda S VanderPloeg
I get very good support from Andrew the tech at Microtel when I do have a problem...he seems to always find a way to walk me thru a fix.Published on November 5, 2013 by jbroc
Pros: Great processor, MOBO is decent (Haven't OC'd), and the memory is quite good.
All received higher than 7. Read more