- Save 20% on this item when you purchase 1 or more Qualifying items offered by ToysNGamesEtc. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Microwave Pasta Cooker - The Original Fasta Pasta ..." and save 7% off the $14.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $4.63 shipping
+ $4.99 shipping
Microwave Pasta Cooker - The Original Fasta Pasta - No Mess, Sticking or Waiting For Boil
|Price:||$14.95 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Perfect al dente pasta everytime
- Saves time, energy and water
- No boil over
- Cooks evenly without sticking
- Made in USA
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Top Customer Reviews
The cooker holds enough pasta for 4 servings, which in most cases will be fine for me. I decided to make macaroni and cheese using 4 cups of water and 2 cups of elbow macaroni, which according to the pasta chart is 4 servings. I started the macaroni before I started making the cheese sauce, and the pasta was done before I finished the sauce! What a timesaver. The user guide suggests a cooking time of 10 minutes for macaroni and that's what I used. The pasta was al dente and just right for my baked macaroni and cheese. It says in the product description that you don't have to stir, but that's not the case. The pasta cooking chart instructions say to stir midway through the cooking time for hollow shaped pastas like macaroni and penne.
The cooker is easy to use and being able to strain and rinse the pasta in the same bowl is a plus. Just add the pasta to the bowl, and the appropriate amount of water, and pop it in the microwave. It doesn't get any easier than this. The bowl has markings on it to indicate the amount of water to be used for various pasta servings sizes which are included on the pasta cooking chart. The lid/strainer is only used when measuring pasta like spaghetti and when straining, and it has handles on it to assist with removing the bowl from the microwave and when straining.Read more ›
The leaflet that comes with the unit has recipes for potatoes and broccoli. I have tried the broccoli and again, was very pleased. About 1 cup of broccoli, water to line 1 and 12 minutes delivered perfectly steamed (and nicely green) broccoli. This is different from what the recipe leaflet says since that is for salad and I was making a dinner vegetable. The Fasta Pasta is a multitasker that would make Alton Brown proud.
The greatest advantage I've found to this product is that I can easily and quickly make perfect small servings. Using regular means, I tend to make too much, be it pasta or rice, because I feel I have to maximize the effort and time involved. Unfortunately, I either overeat or find the leftovers growing in the back of the fridge--neither are good options. Being able to quickly and painlessly make only a little is as much an advantage to my perpetual diet as the process is to simple meal preparation. This thing is great.
|Length: 3:38 Mins|
I'm not a microwave cooker, but this works perfect if you follow the directions, and do not put the lid on while cooking in your microwave.
Only use the lid for taking out of the microwave, and draining.
I made wholewheat pasta , and it was perfect and did not stick.
Also egg noodles came out perfect.
I like to wash the starch off of my pasta, and with this I still can with out useing a collender.
Using this, I do not have to wait for the water to boil, nothing boils over on my stove, and there is not a callender to wash either. No mess at all.
I put this on the top shelf of my dishwasher, it washed with out a problem.
I bought mine from qvc, and it came with two, for more money then this, but still a good price..
Would buy again..
Two thumbs up. Great invention.
1) While this shouldn't be surprising given any experience with other foods microwaved vs cooked in their "traditional" method, the pasta is NOT exactly the same as it is when cooked on the stove. The texture is different. I don't mean the firmness of the noodles, following the cooking instructions has given me al dente noodles every time. I mean the outside of the pasta has a different texture. This is a minor point since it's still a very close approximation and if you are going to serve your noodles with sauce, cheese, or butter you won't even notice but it is there. I would probably not want to eat plain noodles from the Fasta Pasta but I also probably wouldn't want to eat plain noodles. ;)
2) While this will fit in the vast majority of microwaves it is too large for some. Make sure you have the dimensions of the microwave you intend to use this in most compared to the dimensions of the Fasta Pasta before you order. In my microwave at work the Fasta Pasta is too big to turn on the turn table and just sits in the microwave horizontally but it works just fine that way.
3) While I suppose the serving measuring holes in the top are useful for those measuring spaghetti (I prefer penne) they do make straining the noodles less convenient than it would be if there were no spaghetti measuring holes.
I'm just trying to be realistic about a product that I am overall extremely satisfied with. I would definitely recommend this item and I feel the price is fair.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
So simple and easy to use. No mess. No steamy kitchen and wasted water (I live in California). Pasta was cooked just right.Published 20 hours ago by Richard Harrington
Worked as advertised. Very happy with it. Cooks a pound of spaghetti even though it says four servingsPublished 1 day ago by Amazon Customer
Actually this product is great and works amazing. I was surprised. I bought it for my husband because I am really not into pasta and he is. Read morePublished 2 days ago by J.Johnson
When my husband suggested this, I was skeptical. Microwave gadgets are not something I've found useful in the past. Read morePublished 2 days ago by J. Pelletier
Heavy gauge plastic.
May be best to teach yourself the levels of water for cooking various measures of foods as the included paperwork
isn't that clear. Read more
This cooker actually does what the description says. A great product.Published 2 days ago by Sheila M. Crossen-Powell
Better than expected. Perfect for making 1 or 2 portions quickly and without fuss. Comes out perfect.Published 2 days ago by Isabel
Nice surprise no mess too clean worked very well. Made egg noodles for chicken soupPublished 2 days ago by carol
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
See the Top Rated cookware in our Cookware Reviews.