Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on January 10, 2009
We have used a Rack Sack System for over 25 years. We left our last ones hanging in our old home. The old product was easy to install and we used it with plastic bags from the grocery store. The screws that come with this "new model" are too short, and the system is cumbersome to use -- the lid is heavy (storage for replacement bags contribute to exra weight) and as a result the lid tends to come "unhinged". We ended up removing the extra pieces of metalwork to make the new model into an old model.
on September 19, 2010
I purchased many of these in the 3 gallon size, and they were the greatest!!!
However, the company no longer makes the great old style which fit perfectly
on most any cabinet door. I recently bought the 3-5 gallon new version, but it
is useless!!! Now I have to open both cabinet doors in order to access the unit
because it is just too wide for any cabinet door I have in three different kitchens. The old style used a roll on the frame bottom which was great. The new style has a box of spare bags in the lid, which is heavy to open. Either way, I never used their bags anyway, just used bags from the market which worked great.
With the new model, it is difficult to get the market bags on the larger frame, and if they don't rip, they just sag because the frame is too large to wrap the top of the bag around it.
If Extrufix, the original manufacturer of the Rack Sack reads this, PLEASE bring back the original style that worked!!!
If anyone knows where to find the old style with the 11 3/4" wide x 7 1/4" deep
lids, please email me. Otherwise, no email comments please.
on November 20, 2004
I can use the supermarket bags as a trash containers, don't ocupe space and very simple to use. I recomend the rack sack as a space solution in your kitchen.
on July 11, 2010
I agree with the "critical" writer. I too have used the older Rack Sack for many years and it was wonderful. Unfortunately, I left it in my old house. Guess the company wanted to just sell their plastic bags and created a new version with space in the lid to store them. This makes the unit too heavy. Additionally, the older version didn't have a heavy metal base, which made it lighter. I'm putting the newer version advertised here in a yard sale.
on June 18, 2009
Does ANYBODY have any of the "original" refill bags for the Rack Sack System available for purchase? I DO NOT like the "new" bags that come individually folded in a box. Those that were "attached" in a roll made a LOT more sense. The roll helped to keep the bag holding waste in place until filled and ready to be removed. With the new bags, there is nothing to hold the bag in place as it fills. When the undersink door is opened, the "unattached" bag tends to swing forward, especially as it gets heavier as it is filled. PLEASE return to the original design with the refill bags in a roll. I own three Rack Sack systems, and have given some as giftsin the past. With the current design of the refill bags, I would never recommend or give the system as a gift to anyone.
44 comments| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 1, 2006
I did not anticipate the following major problem until I received the item and tried installing it. The manufacturer did not consider the fact that the screw may perforate the cabinet. Our cabinet is not thin; it's just a standard wood cabinet, but the screw would've come right through it so we installed it with rubber washers (kit did not come with it) so as to prevent the screw coming straight through to the other side of the cabinet. I am not sure how long it would hold up, though, because the screw is pretty short and not that long. Rack sack is a brilliant idea, but needs a lot of improvement for it to be durable and truly functional. Right now, I would call it an extremely disappointing product.
on November 29, 2008
We had a Rack Sack 5-gal. system purchased in 1995, and it just broke this year. We do not like the new one as well because of the top. There is a compartment now to hold bags, which the old one did not have. We have a lot of the bags which came in a roll within a box, and it is harder to use them now. We have to leave the roll in the box or the roll would fall through the rack. And it is harder to fold the bag around the top edges because of that compartment for bags. Not a good new design at all.
on May 23, 2010
I love, love, love this product. It keeps the garbage hidden under the sink. And still easy to access. Just open the door, drop the trash in, and shut the cabinet again. We use standard "medium" size (8 gal) garbage bags that we purchase at the grocery store and tie them to fit around the wire top. This is big enough to hold about one day's worth of trash. So it gets taken out regularly, a nice bonus.

I am about to order my third one of this same product. We left the first one behind when we moved. When we arrived at our new house, there was a wire trash system under the sink. However, it necessitated pulling out the can, putting the trash in it, then pushing it back in. Too much work. I immediately purchased a second "Rack Sack".

Now, after about 8 years the second unit has worn out. And so I set out to find a third one just like it and was happy that I found it here on Amazon.
on March 19, 2014
My 5 gallon Racksack (by Extrufix) that I've had for a couple decades finally broke & discovered the "re-imagined" version is too wide & that the lid has to be held up to stay open. What was wrong with the original "classic" version with the refill roll on the bottom?
on September 15, 2008
We down sized into a smaller home and there was no where to put a garbage can.... I knew there was something out there that attached to the inside of a cupboard door and stumbled across this at a local store. And we love it. Had to put a 1/4" piece of plywood on the inside of the door (door was too thin for the screws) but it works perfectly. Takes up hardly any room under the sink and the refills are kept in the lid. Will never go back to a smelly plastic or tin Garbage Can.