Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

33%
67%
Format: Amazon VideoChange
Price:$1.99

on February 24, 2012
Middle of the Road: Costa Rica is a very nice and documentary from one man's personal perspective and experiences. Ron Upshaw, the narrator and star of the show, offers his advice in regards to your own personal trip to the beautiful region of Costa Rica. He opens on a beach and describes to you his reasons for this particular 30 minute informative documentary. He wishes to help you get the best experience without sacrificing either all of your money, or your privacy. He also wants to help you find ways to get around, and give you a few tips on the best places to go. He does all of this in only thirty minutes.

Along the way, he provides you with some key facts about Costa Rica. Some of these facts include the location of Costa Rica, the seasons it experiences, the type of foods you are likely to find, the name of choice that the locals refer to themselves as, and also other various little tid-bits of information that would and will prove useful if you plan to travel to Costa Rica.

I am a Spanish Interpreter student at my local community college. In order to graduate with my degree, I must take a cultural immersion class. This class will take place during the summer and the country of choice is, you guessed it, Costa Rica. I introduced my professor to this informative documentary. She was interested in seeing it and had me play it for the class. One of my class mates who had previously traveled to Costa Rica was surprised at some of the facts included in this video.

Note: Though there are facts, there are not so many that you feel overwhelmed. This video is educational AND intriguing. It had every ready and excited for the trip next summer.

During the video, I noted that Upshaw mentioned a particular website where he managed to find a few of his hotels. NOTE: He was not endorsing this website, only sharing where he found his hotels. I was interested in the site and checked it out. Needless to say, I am glad that I did. My professor and I found several places to stay that were affordable, more so than any hotel, and also provided us with a chance to receive a true cultural experience.

This video was very helpful and informative. I am glad that I took the time to watch it. I highly suggest this to anyone contemplating a little vacation to this beautiful region. You will not be disappointed! I promise!!!!

Happy watching....
on May 13, 2014
Decent video, very low budget but there is some good info in it, it was definitely worth renting for 1.99
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse