5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious! My Middle School Students Loved This Book
Published on May 18, 2012 by Shawn S

3.0 out of 5 stars it wasn't the right one
It wasn't the right book, it was middle school the worst years of my life, which was still good, but it wasn't what I wanted.
Published 6 months ago by Jimmy C.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious! My Middle School Students Loved This Book, May 18, 2012
This is a fantastic read for anyone in middle school or about to go into middle school. I'm an elementary school teacher. I gave this book to one of my boy students who is in fifth grade and who is a reluctant reader. I've never seen him so excited about a book. He couldn't put it down during our reading periods. When he finished, he asked me for something else to read. The pictures are hilarious and the main character has a great way of talking to kids an relating to them. I passed it to another student and he loved it as well. Your kids will love it, too!

4.0 out of 5 stars Constant action and high energy, nonstop comedy, and zillions of funny drawings, June 4, 2012
KidsReads (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
Rafe Khatchadorian barely survived the sixth grade, but with the help of his teacher, he was accepted to Airbrook Arts Community School. Life is looking up, and Rafe anticipates expanding his art talents. But then disaster strikes. Rafe's mom loses her job and is forced to move to the big city and live with Grandma Dotty. It's not an ideal situation because Grandma Dotty's house is small and crowded, forcing Rafe to sleep on the living room sofa. Rafe's mom searches for a new job, but she isn't having any luck. Fortunately, Rafe is accepted to a different art school, where he meets Matty the Freak, who becomes his first real live friend.
Then comes Rafe's first art assignment critique, where the students hang their artwork in front of the entire class for everyone's comments. It doesn't go well, and Rafe gains a new enemy. But according to his teacher, art and life are very interconnected, and Rafe decides that in order to improve his art, he needs to expand his experiences. So he creates a brand new mission. Operation "Get A Life" challenges Rafe to discover 195 new experiences in 195 days, the number of days he has until the big spring art show at school. He has a lot of work ahead of him in order to accomplish his goal, and Matty the Freak is there for him.

Matty also proves to be a big help when Rafe decides to track down information on his father, whom he hasn't seen since he was little. However, Grandma Dotty has some photos, and Rafe utilizes his detective skills to crack the case. Of course, experiencing life isn't all about good stuff. Unfortunately, the combination of Rafe's active imagination, his mission, and Matty the Freak land him in trouble over and over again. Not only will Rafe's imagination have to work overtime in order to accomplish his goal and track down his dad, it will need to come up with ways to endure the many punishments he finds himself earning along the way. But Rafe is ready for the challenge.

With constant action and high energy, nonstop comedy, and zillions of funny drawings, this is a perfect series for both reluctant and adamant readers. Authors James Patterson and Chris Tebbetts, along with illustrator Laura Park, even add in a bit of mystery as Rafe tries to track down information on his missing father. Kids will relate to and bond with Rafe, who is hilariously funny but has trouble making friends and often gets into massive trouble thanks to his incredible imagination. Rafe has a good heart, though, and he exposes it in his search to experience life to the fullest. Fans will be thrilled to learn that a third Middle School adventure is in the works.

Reviewed by Chris Shanley-Dillman on June 1, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Charming and real, May 22, 2012
Fun, realistic, totally honest book about the ups and downs (mostly downs) of being a middle schooler. Anybody who has a middle-schooler, or who has ever been one, will surely relate. Rafe Khatchadorian is the perfect Everyman (Everykid?) -- a typical pre-teen who's just trying to find his footing in a tricky world. It's filled with issues and ideas to talk about, as a family...as well as charming illustrations that make the book even more fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny book, June 12, 2013
I LOVE this book! I own the first book in this series, Middle school: The Worst Years of My Life. I just absolutely loved it! If you haven't already read this book, Buy it, and read it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved It!, March 22, 2014
As a person that doesn't read much, this was a great book. It was hilarious, and sometimes sad. A great recommendation to middle-schoolers. It also includes a preview of James Patterson's next book, I FUNNY.

4.0 out of 5 stars Middle School Get Me out of Here, March 20, 2014
My grandson really enjoyed this book. It answered a lot of questions raised in the first book regarding Rafe's family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Middle school get me out of here!, March 12, 2014
Funny sad and great for kids and adults who are awesome like me these last words are for the requirements of reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars middle school, July 1, 2014
I loved this story James Patterson is a very good writer and this series was one that I love it's funny and sad

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, August 7, 2014
Middle School: Get Me out of Here! is a great book, the book started off a little slow but then it got really interesting and got me turning the page over and over again. But then the middle of the book lost its pace; but not to worry it got right back on it's feet. Middle School: Get Me Out of Here! is full of twist and turns that will make you wanna keep reading. Great read, took me two days!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 4, 2014
shelby chrisco (LINCOLNTON, NC, US) - See all my reviews
My grandson enjoyed this book.

Middle School: Get Me out of Here!
Middle School: Get Me out of Here! by James Patterson (Paperback)
Used & New from: $13.37