Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: Hardcover|Change

on April 17, 2014
This is NOT a chapter book. It's more like an "activity" book. While my son is enjoying it, he was disappointed that he couldn't really read it like the others. I'll have to pay more attention to the descriptions I guess.
on April 6, 2014
Although I enjoy Patterson's adult mysteries, I was very much surprised to see that he writes such enjoyable books for the
middle school set. My grandson loved the book and I have already gotten him four more by Mr. Patterson, Et al.
Don't worry, this is not anything like his adult terror stories.
on March 4, 2016
The book was about arguments between a brother and a sister on different things and it had fun activities.
Cons: It's not an A/R book. It's a little shorter than the others. It didn't seem in line with the rest of the series.
Pros: Really funny and a joy to read.
(written by the 11-year-old boy who read it!)
on March 14, 2016
Another great book by James Patterson , this is book 5 in a series of 7 books this one book ultimate showdown is a really fun book . Quality is great binding is strong deliver on time and packed by nice . I recommend this book and would buy it again !
on May 6, 2014
My 12 yr. old grandson has been reading this series for a couple of years. He loves them. His younger brother will be reading them soon. You don't have to bug them to read when they have this series They are a fun read.They also like Harry Potter as well. Start with the first one in the series. These books have been available for the last few years both on Amazon, Target and major book stores.
on April 12, 2014
My 13-year-old son loves reading James Patterson's books, and so do I! The characters in this series are believable, and no one is stereotyped or silly, and it is still a humorous read. The illustrations are icing on the cake, too!
on June 4, 2014
Free-spirited Rafe , and prudish Georgia take on each other in a battle of the siblings and beware, you will get sucked right into the middle of it. You cannot just stand by and do nothing while they are duking it out. You are invited to have a voice in their opinions, rants and very different views points on such things as dress codes, food preferences and especially friendships. You contribute to the narrative of the book as you get to contribute what you think. How cool is that?

The Khatchadorian duo use language that kids of this age will love. They talk about self-image, food fetishes and use words such as fart, zit popping and vomit which will have this age group devouring the content, reading on and asking for more of the same. I know, I taught this grade level and I am fully aware of how their little brains work....or don't work sometimes too.

The book is amazing because it is interactive and engaging to the middle-grade reader. It is filled with more than 40 writing, drawing prompts and games that cry out for their attention and will have the reader, pen in hand, ready to dive right in and have his say. The momentum of the book is fast-paced and cheers the reader on to the next topic.

I highly recommend this book. It is fun, witty and the illustrations could stand on their own, but with text added makes a brilliant combo. I am always on the look out for kid-friendly books for that age group as those are the years that kids (especially boys) slip away from the printed word. When you find a treasure like this, a tool that will get your kids back into the "reading game", it is so important to get the word out that a book of this kind is available. I give "Middle School Ultimate Showdown" two thumbs up and would give it three if I had an extra. Please buy and serve with a pen or pencil.
on March 26, 2015
I bought this book thinking it was like all of the other books with the "Middle School" logo. It's not a chapter book, it's an activity book. I really think they could have changed the format, perhaps making it more like a magazine. Even the description could be changed to warn that even tho' it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's not really a duck.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 22, 2014
Bought this for my grandson who is a huge James Patterson fan. He didn't put it down, but that's how he is with all the JP books. Keep them coming.
on March 6, 2015
My 12 yr old son loves these books! He often laughs out loud while reading them, so to say I'm pleased is an understatement I'm ecstatic!