Middle mouse button slow response Anyone else notice that the middle mouse button is very slow to respond (clicking, not scrolling)?
asked by DrXenos on December 11, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 12 answers
A
Yes. I've had the same issue, even though I have the latest drivers and everything. I have mine set to open in a new window when I middle-click in a browser. It only works 1 out of every 2-3 middle-clicks. I'm returning it.
JRN923 answered on December 17, 2010
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Same problems here: middle clicks are often ignored, and when they do register, there is a very noticeable delay. Trying to use this mouse with GIMP (a graphics editor) is a nightmare.
Black Yarn answered on September 13, 2012
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have the same issue. It's very annoying when i want to close a tab and move to another one. The delay between pushing the middle button and the action occurring is so long that sometimes I close the tab i hovered my pointer over, not the one I clicked.
K. Pawlak answered on May 26, 2011
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
i don't think it's defective, NewEgg reviews are saying the same thing, but across different MS mice... will keep looking..
Mark Gullickson answered on August 3, 2011
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
i'm jumping into the conversation here, anybody find a solution for the delay/slow middle mouse button reaction? I need a double-middle click for CAD, this mouse is not cutting it. It is replacing my 4 year old MS Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse 3000 - excellent btw, just worn out. Was hoping the 3500 was the same mouse, just with BlueTrack.

system is brand new, 8g ram etc, drivers new, so performance of the system shouldn't be a factor...
Mark Gullickson answered on August 2, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Middle mouse button click has a big delay!!!
Test here: http://unixpapa.com/js/testmouse.html
Try some middle button clicks with a "normal mouse" and then try with the Microsoft3500.
You we'll see that with Microsoft3500 some clicks get lost.
DO NOT BUY MICROSOFT MOUSE
Kelp answered on March 2, 2014
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Ghenghis, I appreciate the suggestions, but I can assure you it is not a memory problem - at least in my case. I do monitor my system and have no such issues. I did not have the middle-button problem with any other mouse, nor did I have a problem loading a page using the left or right mouse keys on the particular mouse in question.

Again, thank you for the thoughtful suggestions. I hope you have (or have had) a better experience with this model of mouse.
JRN923 answered on June 16, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
thanks Ghengis, I do a lot of CAD remotely on my 17" laptop, don't want to lug around a big so-called "CAD" mouse - and I prefer the more compact size in general. tried numerous MS and Logitech mice over the years, and except for some fine precision issues in Alias, my MS 3000 worked just as good without the bulk. I just tried the Logitech Anywhere MX, don't like the middle button placement, and the scroll wheel felt rattly.
Mark Gullickson answered on August 2, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 13, 2011 9:55:06 AM PDT]

A
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 13, 2011 9:55:07 AM PDT]
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product