5.0 out of 5 stars I have no issues with these batteries.
Published 13 months ago by Dave

1.0 out of 5 stars OEM Batteries
**Original Review for History**
The are a direct replacement to the old batteries in your Midland radio. If you like the originals get these to replace them. What else can you say?

**1/17/12 Update**
Published on September 21, 2011 by D. Razorsek

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars OEM Batteries, September 21, 2011
This review is from: Midland AVP7 Rechargeable Battery Packs for Midland HH54, XT511 and GXT Series GMRS Radios (Pair) (Electronics)
**Original Review for History**

**1/17/12 Update**
Don't waste your money. I originally gave these a 5 star review but now changed it to one. bought the batteries in August of 2011, as of January 2012 one of them is dead and will no longer charge. Conveniently just slightly past the 90-day warranty. I believe I had about 5 -6 cycles out of them. As others have mentioned I am going to use a new set of Ni-Mh's. I bought myself a set of Eneloops and get more battery life. I'm tossing out the OEM charger and batteries as soon as I finish typing this review...

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't even bother!!, November 10, 2011
Apparently the NiMH batteries utilized in this battery pack are really sub-standard. They have a terrible shelf life (they drain quickly) and did not hold a charge for even 30 minutes! Since I have been doing research on NiMH batteries and have found the new MAHA batteries to be excellent not only shelf life but duration as well. I have several tools (flashlight, camera flash, and
walkie talkies) that can use NiMH batteries and I have a MAHA charger for the same. Do your self a favor, buy the individual NiMH batteries and charger and save time and money.....Cheers....RT
PS: The cost of returning the batteries (it's been about 6 months or so) is not worth the time, hassle and money to me.

2.0 out of 5 stars Why can't Midland make durable batteries?, December 27, 2011
The NiMH batteries that Midland supplies with these radios have deplorable life cycles. They're like the poster child for planned obsolescence, designed to fade after even minimal use or standby. Ridiculous. And the aftermarket is no better, so you suck it up and either use alkalines, or some use the rechargeable AA's. No panacea, however.

5.0 out of 5 stars I have no issues with these batteries., May 29, 2013
I was hesitant to purchase this two-battery pack after reading some of the reviews. Perhaps Midland went thru a quality control problem -or- perhaps I got lucky. As soon as I got mine, I replaced the one I was using and used the new one until it discharged. Then I charged it and used it again...and again. Each time, the battery lasted about 5 days of daily playing. I did the same with the other one in the pack. So far, so good. It has been about a month now since I purchased them.

I will update this review should I encounter any issues with them in the future.

3.0 out of 5 stars AVP7, July 22, 2013
I ordered the AVP7 batteries and received BATT-5R which just do not have the staying power as the new Lithium batteries so had to order the new Midland GXT2050VP4 50-Channel GMRS with 36-Mile Range. They have the power to last a couple of days as the old ones with the BATT-5R batteries will only last about 4 to 5 hours.

5.0 out of 5 stars Midland AVP7 Rechargeable Battery Packs for Midland HH54, XT511 and GXT..., February 20, 2014
Spare set is always handy to have in case of emergency should every one do this. ok that what I did any way

1.0 out of 5 stars out of 6 batteries only 4 charge, January 6, 2014
i bought the radio and extra batteries ,, 6 batteries only 4 will hold a charge , think i will go to a local store where i can exchange like walmart or home depot

5.0 out of 5 stars More Power, February 22, 2014
Great price for two new factory batteries. Old ones wouldn't keep much of a charge. With these I'm up and running again. Good value.

4.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable cost for the twin pack, April 24, 2013
The clock seems to run down the pack in about a week, I suggest not leaving the pack in when not in use for a while.

4.0 out of 5 stars As expected, July 4, 2014
Arrived quickly. Installed easily, although the label faces down inside the radio, which can be confusing. Just look at the placement of the old radio before you take it out. So far, no problems.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›