5.0 out of 5 stars Midland XTC300
Published on August 19, 2012 by Muzzleflash

3.0 out of 5 stars oky doky
it's allright but can't hold candle to GoPro I'm assuming as I don't own a GoPro yet. The underwater kit that it came with works but the screw on lens is crap and doesn't screw on at all totally suks. Can't fault the seller as they just sell it and it does what it says it does but just not quite the quality I would have liked.
Published 9 months ago by Roger. Sheldon

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Midland XTC300, August 19, 2012
This camera is simple and easy to use and produces great video. I have used it only on the 720p setting and the video is sharp and clear with superb color balance. The amount of area that the lens covers is incredible and makes it easy to point, shoot, and include virtually everything surrounding the subject. The video is easy to download on to the PC. One feature that I really like is being able to remove files directly from the memory card without reformating the entire card. The camera comes with several mounts and a waterproof case, which will come in handy. The only mount that I had to order separately was one for a hat. The only other criticism that I have is that it did not come with a lens cap to protect the lens when not in use. I will try to find an aftermarket lens cap that will fit the fisheye lens. Overall, I am very pleased with this purchase and use it often.

5.0 out of 5 stars Midland video review, June 4, 2012
E. Yost (Loudon, TN USA) - See all my reviews
I just used the video camera for the first time on a bicycle ride, and I was very impressed with the
quality of the picture and the ease of recording and downloading of the video. This unit is well
worth the price and has all the quality and features of units costing twice as much. If I had it
to do again I would not hesitate with the purchase of this unit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good SCUBA Camera, February 11, 2013
I bought this camera specifically for recording my SCUBA dives. First off, the waterproof case is either a newer case or has been re-rated for a depth of 200ft. That is very good as the previous 100ft rating was a little worrisome. So far I have taken this camera down to a depth of 94ft. No problems, not even a drop of water inside the case. I have been on 6 dives with the camera so far, all recorded at 1080p. The video quality is good. No complaints there. I am using a 32GB micro SD card in the carmera. At 1080p, it's about 4 GB a dive for me. It also comes with a flat lens option as well. I immediately replaced the fish eye lens with the flat lens. One note though, a red filter would be highly recommended for recording under water. My inital dive videos were blue saturated, as was expected without the red filter. I am going to order one. The lens size is standard, so I should be able to get one anywhere. Another note for divers; I used the goggle mount for my first two dives to get a first person perspective of the dive. The problem was the exhaust from my regulator would shake the camera each time I exhaled. The last 4 dives I have just carried it in my hands. I could have used one of the mounts as a wrist mount if I wanted too, but it was nice just holding it so I didn't have to keep my arm out to point it forward. Over all, a very good product for the price. Especially when you see everything you get with it. I hope this review helps other SCUBA divers looking for a camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars How it could be better for hunting, October 16, 2012
This review is from: Midland XTC350VP4 HD 1080p Action Camera (Camo) (Electronics)
I think this is a great little camera, does everthing it says it will do. But i wish it was low light capable, and also had a little bit of zoom capabilities. I bowhunt and seeing animals at dusk and dawn is very important, I think that if you can see them good enough to harvest, the camera should be able to record it.

5.0 out of 5 stars hd 1080 action camera, February 26, 2012
Eric Shuler (Oradell, NJ USA) - See all my reviews
Midland Radio XTC300VP4

I carried a camcorder with me while stationed in 2005 in Iraq. Unfortunately I did not have a but I wish had a product like Midland Radio XTC300vp4 to take videos. The camera is light weight and comes with four mounts and submersible case. It does not require holding or constantly looking thru a view finder to focus the image. The camera is not intrusive and lets you do your activity without interference.

With this type of action camera there is no view finder or play back feature. The camera is probably the best example of point and shoot. The camera videos from your point of view and it puts you in the action. I look forward to taking it on a roller coaster and looking straight down. I am sure the video will be very dramatic.

Operating the camera is quite simple just move the switch forward and when the camera is ready three LEDs turn on. The first green LED means the battery is charged, and the second green light acknowledges that a Micro SD card is installed. The third LED turns red and means that you are recording video. The operation of the camera is quite simple.

The camera comes with four mounts that make attaching it easy and convenient. If these four mounts do not suit your needs there are optional accessories that should meet your uses.
I shot some videos outside and the 1080P High Def and the picture is truly clear. I was concerned that there is no focus adjustment and I thought the picture would not be stabilized. I was wrong in every regard I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the video.
The videos are stored on a Micro SD card which is inexpensive and durable. The video can be downloaded either with an included cable, which plugs into the camera and the other end into your TV, or you eject the Micro SD card and put in a SD card reader which connects to your computer.

The camera comes with a rechargeable LI-ion battery. These batteries are long lasting and you are able to recharge numerous times. The battery is recharged using a mini- USB plug, that connects to the camera and other end to a AC or DC power source. One of the great features is that from your car or laptop by plugging a mini-usb into the camera and the other end in either a computer or a your car power accessory socket The battery last four hours which is a long time for a video.

The XTC300VP4 is a reliable camera cost competitive and the included accessories are a bargain. You can make your action videos and your imagination is only limited to you. The camera retails for $ 249.00

You can answer the question what did you do today and then post it on line

I hope you enjoy taking video

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff !, August 27, 2013
OUTSTANDING !!!!! Great video, very clear and light weight. With sound !!!! Use it on my AR-15,bow and shotgun you will love it

5.0 out of 5 stars Great action camera, November 30, 2013
Richard Volkert (Bonaire, Georgia, US) - See all my reviews
I was skeptical about getting this over the Go Pro. It has good color and very little edge wobble compared to the Go Pro. I use it on my motorcycle and it works great.

4.0 out of 5 stars MIDLAND XTC 300 1080HD WEARABLE VIDEO ACTION CAMERA, February 4, 2013
The last field review, Midland has a long history of good quality products ,that last and are dependable ,for the long haul. I like the way this Midland 1080 HD Video Camera comes ,with all of the mounts, and other viewing stuff. This unit takes good video footage ,and is very simple to operate.

The images are bright and crisp , when you play it back, on computer or tv. Mounting it to a gun or bow ,is a challenge, and might take some ingenuity. I have plans for the waterproof case ,to get some fishing footage ,from a fishes view.

I give this product a semi- high recommendation, for quality ,ease of use .

Pros/// Many ways to mount it. Simple ,either on or off. Good quality video playback.

Cons // Battery life not so long. ,maybe 2 double aa would be better. Priced a little high ,compared to competitors models. All in all,it takes decent 1080 HD video ,in an easy, simple to operate product.

I hope this review is helpful, and informative. We will continue to update this review as we film more stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Slim, simple, works., May 29, 2013
I own two of these, three if you count my XTC-100 SD as well. I've used them helmet-mounted, and now I have one on the steering neck, and one rear facing under the seat on my mountain bike. Both are mounted on custom brackets I made using the extra cam bracket that it comes attached to in the box. As you can imagine, they take a beating mounted solid to the bike, yet they've worked flawlessly. The only issue is the mikes are extremely sensitive, I put tape over the mic holes to cut wind noise. This works very well, without muffling voices and such. They do pick up a lot of frame "hum", but that's to be expected with a rigid mount.
Simple, one switch operation, plus another inside the back to change res and frame rate. Uses micro SD card, recommend class 10 or better. Uses 1.85 GB for aprox. 20 mins. Time will very slightly, but it will always cut vids to 1.85 GB files. If you string them in a vid editor, they're seamless. Gets about 2.25 hrs. per charge. All of this is on 1080/30FPS, 720/60FPS uses more mem., and likely more batt.
Good cams, that don't look like a Kodak stuck on your head(Go-Pro), at half the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product and quality. I like so much. It is a good product and good price I would buy again. Thank you., August 4, 2013

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›