4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful collection of Wolf Tales!
This is a wonderful collection of werewolf stories. It's hard to pick a favorite story. I really loved Michele Hauf's Racing the Moon. I was also intrigued by Lori Devoti's Captured. Some of the stories grabed me more then others, but they were all a joy to read
Published on May 27, 2010 by Jennifer E

3.0 out of 5 stars Most of these 'bites' are just to short to satisfy
Published on April 23, 2009 by melindeeloo

3.0 out of 5 stars Most of these 'bites' are just to short to satisfy, April 23, 2009
This review is from: Midnight Cravings: Racing The Moon\Mate Of The Wolf\Captured\Dreamcatcher\Mahina's Storm (Paperback)
Midnight Cravings is a collection of paranormal shorts by authors from Silhouette's Nocturne Paranormal romance line. Several of the stories are connected to the authors' mini series. For me, I was interested in Whiddon's Mate of the Wolf, since I have read all of her Pack stories and I've enjoyed many of these authors' other Nocturnes. But I have to say that on the whole, where these authors do a perfectly decent job of telling a story in their novella length Nocturnes, most of them had trouble carrying off a romance in this shorter format. So if any of these stories sound appealing to you, you might be interested to know that everything in this collection is also epublished separately as Nocturne Bites (and available on Kindle and through eHarlequin) so you can pick and choose the ones that you want.

Racing the Moon - Michelle Hauf - A wolfshifter is stranded on the highway while racing to make it back to his home territory when a sexy mechanic comes to his aid. With the full moon looming, the only thing that will keep his inner wolf in check is sex. But despite the chemistry between them, sex with his luscious rescuer may be even more dangerous than letting his wolf run free. - A quick and steamy shapeshifter hookup (4 stars)

Mate of the Wolf -Karen Whiddon - Wolves and Vamps don't mix, but when this pair connect ... rules are made to be broken - This was an exceedingly lightweight romance, mate bonding does all the work (3 stars)

Captured - Lori Devoti - A connected hellhounds short (Unbound series) - The hound who is imprisoned with her for breeding purposes, may be the one to erase the scars of her captivity and free her from the nightmare that has been her life - A nice little short, I like this series and Devoti's hero is a good one (4 stars)

Dreamcatcher - Anna Leonard - A women is wasting away and there is no medical reason, no cure - until, in admiration for her inner spirit, her sexy caregiver shares a legend which holds the secret to her salvation - this one gets points from me for an original premise (4 stars)

Mahina's Storm - Vivi Anna - A brush with death, exposes the hidden desires between a tough shifter cop and her luscious shifter partner - This one just didn't work for me - the style was too stilted and the heroine's transition from fighting her attraction to accepting her mate just too abrupt (2 stars)

Broken Souls - Bonnie Vanak - The leading shifter pair both lost their soulmates, but still have a chance at being mates of the heart if they can survive the evil called to hunt the woman as she tries to make peace with her past. - This is connected to Vanak's Nocturne Dracon series, which I've enjoyed - but there was a bit too much conflict for such a short story and I just didn't like the heroine (2 stars)

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful collection of Wolf Tales!, May 27, 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Midnight Cravings, March 24, 2013
I chose this rating because this book was delivered here before the time was up and it is in very good condition. And yes I would tell anyone who wanted to know. Thank You

5.0 out of 5 stars midnight cravings:racing moon/mate of the wolf/captured/dreamcatcher/mahina's storm, October 16, 2009
this book was a great read.if you love paranormal romance books you'll love this book with many awesome authors.

$12.95 $11.66