What if there were some factual basis for a number of myths, a kernel of truth that led to Ponce de León's search for the fountain of youth, J.M. Barrie's tale of Peter Pan and the lost boys, and the existence of vampires, mermaids, lycanthropes, fairies, and sirens?

Published on September 25, 2010 by Choral Lover

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I excpected
Published 23 months ago by Bruce E. Roberts

5.0 out of 5 stars I stayed up late reading, because I had to find out what happened..., September 25, 2010
This review is from: Midnight In Never Land (Paperback)

If you could imagine a world in which there was some small bit of truth behind these legends, and you were very, VERY creative and talented, you might come up with the wonderful novel that Perry Bradford-Wilson and Michael Norris have in `Midnight in Never Land.'

The book's action takes place in a completely believable world where mythological creatures exist side by side with historical fact, in the year 1805. There is an engaging back-story for the Peter Pan tale that we all know, but the book also keeps readers guessing as to what will happen next, and how it will all turn out. The connections between the book's events and various myths are ingenious, but it was the story-telling that had me staying up way too late, reading to find out what would happen to the characters.

Buy this book and read it, but don't say I didn't warn you: you WILL find yourself staying up late and neglecting your responsibilities in order to find out what happens to the characters!

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended tale of the high seas, August 18, 2011
This novel was a real surprise to me. It combines a variety of great genres including some of my favourites of historical fiction with a dark twist. Great attention to details that gives the initial impression of a story more along the lines of `Master and the Commander'. Throw in some peculiar goings on and you have the makings of a classic adventure.

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars The dark side of Peter Pan, April 9, 2013
What a wonderful and freighting way to approach a classic. The authors use the concept of eternal life that has never been done before. Bravo .

5.0 out of 5 stars Exciting!, June 18, 2012
This story is sort of a prequel to the original story of "Peter Pan." It's exciting, interesting, and provides a unique background for the characters of 'Peter,' 'Hook, and even 'Smee.' The relationship between Hook and Smee was one that grabbed my interest the most in this story! It was a fantastic read! I found myself staying up well into the night just so I could find out what happened next!

5.0 out of 5 stars A New and Capitvating Take of an Old Tale, April 29, 2012
When I read the premise for Midnight in Never Land on Amazon, it grabbed my attention because I have always been a huge fan of the Peter Pan story; the symbolism and the idea of Never Land have always fascinated me. Add the idea of making it darker? It seemed poised to scratch my itch for a decent mystery/horror/fantasy novel. I downloaded the sample chapter and after finishing it, had to buy book.

This was difficult for me to put down- I read the entire last half of it in one day! The story, although littered with minor comma and occasional spelling errors (I'm not perfect in my grammar, but I know these errors could rub some readers the wrong way), flowed smoothly and the characters were given depth without providing pages and pages of droll background history. While the first chapter did establish main characters, the second chapter is really where the action starts and the darkness of the novel takes shape. The action is described well and painted vivid scenes for my imagination.

Those looking for a darker/bloodier take on the Peter Pan story will most likely enjoy this- it is not an exact copy, but a re-interpretation... imagine it as the "kernel of truth" behind the Peter Pan story.

Two notes for Kindle owners:
1) The story is written with some uncommon words sprinkled throughout and sailing terms (beyond stern and bow, I'm helpless) so the Kindle X-Ray feature was very handy.
2) My Kindle Touch would not skip chapters and I could not select a chapter from the table of contents. This was a minor nuisance, but I thought I would give the warning ahead of time as I'm assuming it's how the edition was programmed.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I excpected, December 11, 2012
I thought from the title this would be about Peter Pan and the Lost Boys, but its not. I couldn't finish it because I got bored. Not the book I expected. I can only say a little girl in some exotic island living with her parents and dreaming up fantasy stories that she related to her maid, is not what I was hoping for. I read over 1/2 the book and neither Peter Pan or Lost Boys where every mentioned.

Midnight In Never Land
Midnight In Never Land by Perry Bradford-Wilson (Paperback - May 24, 2010)
$15.95 $13.95