5.0 out of 5 stars WOODY ALLEN'S GENIUS FOR MUSIC SELECTION
Published on February 7, 2012 by K.K.

3.0 out of 5 stars I should have known that this is CD-R.
I was so surprised that the artwork on the cover didn't look original.
The cover was color-printed and there is no seal on the case.
I thought I was tricked, and then found out that the description of the product said that this is CD-R manufactured.

Published 23 months ago by Sunny

5.0 out of 5 stars WOODY ALLEN'S GENIUS FOR MUSIC SELECTION, February 7, 2012
This review is from: Midnight in Paris (Music from the Motion Picture) (Audio CD)
If I may be permitted to gush: Woody Allen is nothing short of a genius not only in creating romantic comedies that leave others of that genre in the dust, but the musical accompaniment to his films is without equal. This soundtrack is no exception. Woody unashamedly revers the musical artists of the 1930s and 1940s and has brought enjoyment to millions by highlighting these songs & compositions in all of his peerless romantic comedies. I love Cole Porter and have his complete collection sung by the incomparable Ella Fitzgerald, but the use of Conal Fowkes as vocalist for these tunes gave them the real feel of being back in Cole Porter's time and listening to them in some wonderful, smokey jazz club. How does Allen do it? Well, sincere reverence for the music of those epic years, which he reminds us so artfully, must not be forgotten. So he weaves them seamlessly into his films,( or does he weave the films around the music ? ) and the resulting mass consumption produces new fans worldwide, so the fabulous music never dies. Thank you Woody. Thank you for films that lift the spirit and put a smile in my heart in these otherwise unspeakably horrible times that we live in now, and many thanks for the gift you always give of brilliant music to comfort the soul. This album is highly recommended as is the film for an unforgettable experience of fantasy and fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't Forget this "Outstanding Soundtrack" if you Loved the Movie, January 21, 2012
Gerard D. Launay (Berkeley, California) - See all my reviews
So many viewers have commented favorably (and rightly so) on the magical, dreamlike quality of the film which effectively transports the audience to 1920's Paris. Part of the film's effectiveness is the marvelous soundtrack. Terrific jazz tunes - and Woody knows how to pick them. Very highly recommended. Listen to the selections on "Amazon" to make your own mind on this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Woody has good taste in Music, January 22, 2012
If you enjoyed the movie and you enjoy Woody Allen's recent works then you should buy this soundtrack. The soundtrack for Vicky Cristina Barcelona opened a new world of music for me. This soundtrack includes tracks that you cannot find anywhere else. And while I will admit that the track does not flow as well as the one from Vicky Cristina Barcelona listening to it brings scenes from the movie of Paris to mind. Despite the flow I am still giving it 5 stars because I will still greatly enjoy this collection.

Also thank you Amazon for finally selling this album. The only place that would sell it was itunes but I could not bring myself to buy it from there. I prefer to buy it from Amazon so that it will be in Amazon's cloud.

3.0 out of 5 stars I should have known that this is CD-R., August 2, 2012
I was so surprised that the artwork on the cover didn't look original.
The cover was color-printed and there is no seal on the case.

I learned the lesson that I should be more careful next time I buy the CD because it is better to purchase MP3 files if it is not an original CD.

The music? No matter what kind of medium, Woody Allen is the best!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Step Back in Time, March 4, 2012
I loved the film "Midnight in Paris". I thought the music was fabulous so I purchased the soundtrack. I love it! It is a step back time to 1920's Paris - romantic, fun, jazzy. The soundtrack supports the film perfectly. For anyone who loves the '20's, Paris, romance, and great music, I highly recommend this CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Midnight in Paris good for 1,000 plays, March 5, 2012
If you loved the movie you will love being able to hear the music again and again-- from the vintage Bechet to the incomparable Wrembel--it's a keeper! I was concerned from another review that the track was incomplete. But it's not- it's all there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved the movie, love the album!, February 19, 2012
I am in love with this album it's so magical!! Such a brilliant collection of songs, it's really just amazing! I'm new to this type of music and will definitely be checking out more of it thank you for a beautiful introduction! <3

5.0 out of 5 stars Midnight In Paris OooLaaLaa, February 19, 2012
I still have several Soundtrack albums in my record collection going back to OLIVER, MY FAIR LADY and the early James Bond Movies. In fact they may have also been the last Soundtrack albums I bought. I'd walk out of the theater loving the movie and I had to buy the soundtrack to preserve that good feeling. But over time the association between the film and the record fades. After seeing Midnight in Paris and just listening to the samples of the CD here on Amazon, I am back in the the soundtrack groove. This is a marvelous CD and it is more than just a movie Soundtrack, it is ageless wonderful music that will entertain and even inspire long after that movie high has faded. I'm buying!

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!, April 7, 2012
After watching the movie the first time, the music haunted me so, I bought the CD. After I listened to it every day(sometimes 5 or 6 times) for a week, I watched the movie again. What a total experience.....the music so enhances the story. A Winner!!!!!! 'Nuff said.

5.0 out of 5 stars Midnight in Paris CD, April 5, 2012
This a most enjoyable CD BUT unfortunately when trying to play it on my DENON CD player it did not play.

Midnight in Paris (Music from the Motion Picture)
Midnight in Paris (Music from the Motion Picture) by Various Artists (Audio CD - 2012)
Rate and Discover Movies