5.0 out of 5 stars Once Again - He Nails It!
The only reason I listen to Peter Wolf was that I read a GLOWING review in Rolling Stone back when his album "Fool's Parade" came out by the founder and publisher of RS, Jann Wenner. He never reviews anything, and he basically said it was one of the greatest things he had ever heard. Now, of course I grew up listening to some J. Geils, but I didn't know Peter Wolf AT...
Published on April 15, 2010 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointed
Peters voice is top notch. but not the songs. Feilds of summer is the best. i listened a couple otimes. Maybe I'll listen one more time
Published on December 5, 2012 by ozman

5.0 out of 5 stars Midnight Maddness: Peter Wolf serves up an American Treasure, November 21, 2012
This review is from: Midnight Souvenirs (Audio CD)
For some of us, Peter Wolf's voice is a significant part of the soundtrack of our lives. Growing up in Worcester, MA, it was impossible to not be exposed to the music of The J. Geils Band. Their live shows were epically fun, and their albums were pretty damn strong. 1978's Sanctuary was my personal favorite. It didn't sell a fraction as much as the commercial smashes of the early 1980's, but it is musically superior, and materially more mature, and just better.

Please forgive me for burying the lead; Midnight Souvenirs might have it all licked. It's THAT good. Wolf's voice has aged like a fine wine. And his writing has evolved. The diversity of rhythms is very pleasing. It goes from straight Rock & Roll, to train beats, to pre-Disco funk, to Philadelphia R & B, to soothing ballads. It goes everywhere, and each destination is worth the journey. The fact that "There's Still Time" and "Always Asking For You" were not radio hits makes me question what kind of a world this is that we live in. "The Green Fields of Summer" is poignantly beautiful and perpetually haunting. Closing the album with a duet with Merle Haggard is the icing on the cake.

I bought this record the day it came out....loved it instantly. It's been a few years since I've re-discovered it's magic. It holds up, in fact I love it more today than I did yesterday. So if for some reason you never got around to Midnight Souvenirs, get around to it now. You'll thank yourself...and you might as well thank Mr. Wolf for having the conviction to continue to make wonderful music. Woofa Goofa with the green teeth has grown up a bit, but hopefully never all the way. Thank you Peter!

4.0 out of 5 stars Eclectic collection...but good, June 2, 2012
Lisa (Baltimore, MD) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Midnight Souvenirs (Audio CD)
If you like Peter Wolf's other recordings, you'll probably like at least some of this disc. There are some tracks with a definite country sound, which ain't my thing, but there are several tracks I really like--reminiscent of J. Geils.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT MUSICIAN AND A GREAT ALBUM, March 12, 2012
This review is from: Midnight Souvenirs [Vinyl] (Vinyl)
AGAIN, MISTER PETER WOLF CREATED A WONDERFUL ATHMOSPHERE OF A COLLECTION OF REALLY RYTHMAN AND BLUES SONGS. WHAT A RECORD!

5.0 out of 5 stars pleasant, quirky and strong, December 5, 2010
This review is from: Midnight Souvenirs (Audio CD)
I am not a huge fan of Peter or The J Geils Band, did not previously own any of their music. But I heard him singing live on a recent radio show, and he was a lot of fun and very good songs. So I got the CD and am enjoying it a lot.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good. Buy it, October 10, 2014
This review is from: Midnight Souvenirs (Audio CD)
Very good. Buy it. Peter is an old timer and was a member of a group from the '60's but I cannot recal the band right now. Google Peter Wolf and it will come up.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the top CD's of the year, May 19, 2010
Jim S. (Renton, WA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Midnight Souvenirs (Audio CD)
I read a good review of this CD in the Wall Street Journal. I haven't kept up with Peter Wolf since the J. Geils days in the 80s but this sounded like a good alternative country CD. I like that genre and the mix of music where rock and country and jazz and blues collide. I've had this CD in my car for 2 weeks now and enjoy the whole thing from start to finish. It is a blend of all of these musical styles and more. If there is any style that sticks out, it is the parts that sound like some of the old Stones hits. If you were thinking of getting the rerelease of Exile on Main Street, consider this album of all new and great material.

4.0 out of 5 stars Peter Wolf's long overdue album, August 3, 2010
This review is from: Midnight Souvenirs (Audio CD)
Wolf's album shows more range and appeal than anything his done with the J. Geils band.

5.0 out of 5 stars Proud to be from Boston, May 21, 2010
This review is from: Midnight Souvenirs (Audio CD)
I've been listening to this album for a couple of weeks now and it just keeps getting better with each listen - and it was great on the first listen! This guy is one hell of an honest, down to earth musician and person. He surrounds himself with great players and it shows in the music they create. Pete - you've never let us down.

4.0 out of 5 stars if you loved the j. geils band and soul music, you'll love this, April 15, 2010
This review is from: Midnight Souvenirs (Audio CD)
Y'see, Peter Wolf was the frontman for the J. Geils Band, which I never really liked. But this new album kicks ***.

5.0 out of 5 stars This Record Blew Me Away, June 23, 2010
H. Love (Pittsburgh, PA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Midnight Souvenirs (Audio CD)
I loved the early J. Geils Band but all these years on this Peter Wolf fellow is really one hell of an artist. He manages to fuse country, blues, soul and rock and roll into a very cohesive production. And speaking of production, this thing is pretty well produced. I saw a clip on YouTube of him doing "I Don't Wanna Know" with Letterman's orchestra. Check it out while you wait for this CD to arrive. Order now.

Midnight Souvenirs
Midnight Souvenirs by Peter Wolf (Audio CD - 2010)
Click for more info
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.