Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 88 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 1, 2010 7:58:14 PM PDT
Why doesn't she just finish Midnight Sun? Most fans are dying for more Edward and would love it if she just finished that. Does anyone know if Stephenie has talked about Midnight Sun lately?

Posted on Apr 1, 2010 11:19:39 PM PDT
Amanda Fink says:
I TOTALLY agree I think everyone wants her to finish it, I mean come on who doesn't want more Edward? I think the last thing she said on the subject was that she has stopped any plans for it "indefinitely." Personally, I would rather her finish MS rather than doing this whole Bree Tanner book/novella she's doing, but I respect her decision and I am happy to read anything she is going to write.

Posted on Apr 1, 2010 11:24:32 PM PDT
100% agree. Who cares about this character? I only read the books because of Edward

Posted on Apr 2, 2010 3:14:26 AM PDT
Milena says:
Totally agree.

Posted on Apr 2, 2010 5:53:47 AM PDT
More Edward! More Edward!

Posted on Apr 2, 2010 6:14:54 AM PDT
Ugh, you guys totally don't appreciate the books for its literary content but for all the wrong reasons. Shame.

Posted on Apr 2, 2010 7:01:36 AM PDT
LOL Yasmin! Of course we appreciate all sorts of books for literary content, but it's also fun to like a character. That's the point of truly enjoying a good fiction novel. I enjoy a good book like a good movie and like to read them again and again, just as I like to watch a good movie again and again. This discussion is not a slam on SM, it's just a shout out for more of a fictional character we love to love.

Posted on Apr 2, 2010 7:56:41 AM PDT
I read all four books fantastic. I then read the 200 and some pages of Midnight Sun on SM web page, it was amazing! I loved hearing everything again through Edward. I hope she finds it in her heart to finish the book. I would love to read the rest of his story.

Posted on Apr 2, 2010 10:50:10 AM PDT
And more to the point, its not so much that we are all screaming for more edward,, its the idea of seeing the saga thru different eyes. 3 of the four original books were told completely from the viewpoint of Bella. BD was told from Bella and Jacobs perspective, which I absolutely loved. The idea of seeing a different side of the story from a new perspective that deepens and adds to the entire picture is enticing. I personally am excited to here her "bree" story. I'm sure it will be just as exciting to read about that side of the eclipse drama which has not existed prior to this book. But yes, I also have to give a big shouting PLLLLEAAAASSEE for the rest of the midnight sun story too. Maybe the Angels will smile down on us all and we'll get a post-breaking dawn story from Edwards eyes if we never will get a MS. A book completely from Jacobs eyes too would be cool.. ooh or a backstory from one of the other characters we didn't get to hear alot about in the main books, like the previous "pack" or Tanya in Dinali.

Posted on Apr 2, 2010 5:01:50 PM PDT
S. Moeller says:
From what I read.... she has decided to NOT finish and publish Midnight Sun! :-(

Posted on Apr 2, 2010 6:04:03 PM PDT
I would read all the books through Edwards eyes I think it helps complete the story a little more...gives you more perspective. I read a little of MS on her website and loved her description of Edwards reaction when he couldn't read Bella. I really wish she would keep working on this it would be a great addition to the Twilight series.

Posted on Apr 2, 2010 7:16:39 PM PDT
I love all of the books that she's got out there. I'm always interested in reading new things. HOWEVER...I too am dying to finish reading Midnight Sun. I think it sucks (but can understand Ms. Meyer's feelings about) this stink-pot who leaked MS in the first place that caused her to stop writing it. I can just imagine how it would feel to have your imagination and creative license basically raped like that and intruded upon. I hope that someday soon she will feel better about it and finish the story for publication. I would love it if she wrote a whole parallel series for all of the books from Edward's viewpoint. I think many people would certainly buy the whole new series. oh well....(sigh) maybe someday. Til then, I'll just keep an eye out for whatever she wants to put out there for us :)

Posted on Apr 2, 2010 9:17:29 PM PDT
I agree. Edwards point of view was absolutely fascinating. His character is so deep and complex. I loved reading MS and would love all the books from his view point. With each book I always wondered what he was thinking when Bella was trying to read his mind through his eyes.

Posted on Apr 2, 2010 11:12:44 PM PDT
E. L. German says:
I would personally love to read more about any and all of the characters within the series. I would love to read Alice's entire story. I would love to read more history about the Volturi. I'd love to read more about Carlisle. I am personally thrilled to get background story on any of the other characters. I'm also hoping this is only the beginning of the insight we might be given into the characters of the Twilight Saga.

I agree that it would be wonderful to be able to complete Midnight Sun. I also think it would be nice to read something from the "werewolves" perspectives.

I just wish all these Edward groupies would keep their opinions about this to themselves. Begging for more Edward, is tantamount to saying that anything non-Edward is worthless. To a real Twilight Fan, this is simply not the case. Real fans of the books, love everything about them from the primary characters to the secondary characters, to Stephanie Meyer's writing style itself.

Before anyone says it....I am not team Jacob. I am not team Edward. I am team Twilight, plain and simple.

I for one, will likely read Bree's story with as much passion as I read Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn, and Midnight Sun. I read each of those stories over and over, each time with just as much anticipation and excitement as the first time I broke the bindings. I become absorbed in the world of the Cullens, no matter how many times I have read the words. I laugh and cry each time just as if it were the first time I read them. That is a tribute to Stephanie Meyer's writing style, not to Edward Cullen.

There will be no end to my addiction to Stephanie Meyer's characters. I hope MANY more stories are to come.

Posted on Apr 3, 2010 5:35:49 AM PDT
C. Zapata says:
E.L. I sorry you feel that fans of Edward are not true Twilight fans. Just cause we like one character more then the other does not make us non-twilight fans. In any book or more we watch, we also have a favorite. It's just Edward is such a character that we want to see more into his thoughts. When I read Midnight Sun, I understood Edward more. You finally relised how much he truelly loved Bella. I'm actually having a hard time explaining this because I'm a little insulted by your comment. I'm a fan of many books and movies, but Stephanie Meyers really got me to read more. As a grown adult and mother, I don't have that much time to read, but her books made me make time. It's gotten my daughter to want to read more. So I am a true fan, but the mind of Edward really excites me.

So, I'm with A.K., Stephanie really needs to finish Midnight Sun. Her fans don't care that they read a little bit of it already, we will read it again and again. I would actually like a book about Emmit's backstory. He's a great character too.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 3, 2010 7:17:46 AM PDT
J. Glasser says:
I have read midnight sun three times. Reading the four books over. On third one.
Yes, I think midnight sun should be finished. I know I would buy it. I also would
get all the books through Edward, not to mention Jacob and any others. They
are just great.
I'm no teenager. But does that matter?

Posted on Apr 3, 2010 7:59:12 AM PDT
CountryMomma says:
I'm no teen either, more like a 30ish stay at home mom, but I love all of the Twilight Saga and will definatly be purchasing this. I too wish she would finish Midnight Sun but as long as she is writing anything to go along with Twilight Saga I will devour it. I couldn't get into Host like I have Twilight, so more vampires and werewolves for me please!!

Posted on Apr 3, 2010 8:40:52 AM PDT
Being a Team Edward fan does not make us a non-team Twilight fan. Just because we have chosen to love one character over others doesn't mean we hate the others. Please don't judge, we don't judge anyone else for their love of Twilight. I'm a 30ish stay at home mom too. And I LOVE to read. But most importantly, I love it when an author reminds me that I LOVE to read :) So, E.L. show your love, don't bash us. C.Z - we rock.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 3, 2010 11:01:58 AM PDT
Kate says:
That is exactly what I thought when I saw this book/thing...Freakin' finish Midnight Sun!! Write more Edward...he is the most interesting character that we truly hear very little about. Who cares about a miniscule character that was in and out of the books in a blink of the eye?
Chant with me now..."Midnight Sun...Midnight Sun...Midnight Sun...."

Posted on Apr 3, 2010 1:16:06 PM PDT
Tizroc says:
Eh, the Host was by far the most moving and best done of her works. Twilight, was well done but literary wise the rest were mostly a waste, although the fourth "Breaking Dawn" more than likely was just so horrible that the 20/20 hindsight from the previous two just bores the bejesus out of me.

I would like to explore the world in The Host more.

Posted on Apr 3, 2010 1:28:43 PM PDT
(chanting) *midnight sun* *midnight sun* !!

Posted on Apr 3, 2010 4:36:56 PM PDT
I agree with everyone here that Midnight Sun should be finished. However, SM said in one interview that she refuses to finish it until everyone has forgotten about it. Personally, I understand that it was very upsetting for her that someone leaked her story and she's hurt. But lashing out at her fans like this is just childish. She needs to suck it up and finish the story, I'm becoming quite annoyed not being able to finish reading Twilight from Edward's eyes. This refusal to finish the story does not hurt the person who hurt her, it only hurts her fans.

Posted on Apr 3, 2010 4:59:39 PM PDT
I am very annoyed by the fact that Stephenie made the comment that she would finish MS when everyone stopped talking about it. Okay, fine. I understand what happened and it sucked. However, please don't tantalize and tease us with OTHER books when you know what your fans TRULY want more than anything else is Midnight Sun. So now focus has shifted right back to MS, and it'll be put on hold (if not indefinitely) for another few years.

As far as E.L.'s comment - I don't think she was bashing anyone but the teeny-boppers who ONLY read the series because they're in love with Edward and swear they're going to steal him from Bella. *chuckle* Of course everyone will develop a preference for a character based on their own personal style (I agree 100% with being "Team Twilight" and have no 'boy' team LOL) but it does get tedious when people get bashed for their likes of characters because they're on the 'wrong side'. C'mon now!

Yes, I will read the novella, but I'm still irritated I don't see MS out. It's cutting me deep, Steph! Give us what we want or we'll be heartbroken!!

Posted on Apr 3, 2010 9:43:12 PM PDT
Ruth-Renate says:
Please Stephenie Meyers, Listen to your fans and finish Midnight Sun. We are all in a withdrawal stage of mind after finishing the 4 Midnight Saga books and can't believe it's over. To read the story from Edwards's point of view will get us back into their world where we want to continue to be. While these were meant to be books for teenagers and young adults, the story has also riveted readers in all age groups. What other writer can make this claim. Please Stephenie, forget the fool that broke the rules by publishing your unfinished novel on the internet and remember we, your fans, want to stay pulled into the world of the Midnight Saga, and please, please finish and publish Midnight Sun. Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 4, 2010 10:13:18 AM PDT
Tizroc- I have to agree with you. INstead of reading about Bree..."Yuck", I would rather read a continuation to "The Host". I loved all of SM's book but I don't care about reading about Bree at all.
About Midnight Sun it would be nice if she would finally finished it but I'm over that too- too much drama over MS.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  65
Total posts:  88
Initial post:  Apr 1, 2010
Latest post:  Jun 20, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 15 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about