2,491 Reviews

Published on July 6, 2007 by tooniedog

2.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my needs ! see update
Published on October 20, 2010 by PJD

4.0 out of 5 stars Washable Dog Bed, July 6, 2007
I have 3 of these beds in various sizes, one for each of our dogs. The best part about them is that they can be easily washed and dried at home, even the 36" size. And, of course it is nice that my dogs love them too. The beds are not very thick, but dogs can be found to lie on a bare floors and so this has to be better. I have bought thick padded beds in the past and my dogs did not use them as much as these. These seem just enough for my dogs, and they can be easily topped with a folded blanket if you have a dog that likes more padding. Almost forgot, the dogs love to rest their heads on the tubular rim of the beds.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, Comfy Bed!, September 28, 2007
K. Zander (Ashland, AL USA) - See all my reviews
I have purchased several of these for my Golden Retriever mix. She absolutely loves them! I have one in just about every room of the house! I even got one to put in her Midwest Bay Isle Crate. When she got her first one, she immediately went to it and laid down in it! She either curls up on one of the short ends or hangs her paw and head over one of the "pillow-like" sides. She looks so comfortable! I have read many reviews from people and vet offices, and people say that all dogs and cats love them! I will be getting one for our cat, too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bed, January 11, 2007
I bought this bed for my cat. She is extremely spoiled, and has other beds from other vendors, but this one is the best I've purchased. The reason - the thickness. It really has additional padding on the bottom, which makes it extra cozy and warm. When she first saw it, she ran over, sniffed it, laid down on it, and purred for about 15 minutes. Since the initial time, she spends quite a bit of time on it. If you are a sucker for your pets like I am, buy this particular bed. BTW, they wash up great. Vacuum them off, throw them in the washer and dryer and done.

2.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my needs ! see update, October 20, 2010
I have a 3 yr old Golden rescue that sleeps in a 42 x 26 inch wire crate. I made a 1 inch memory foam mat for his crate & covered it with a twin sheet. He needed a bit more cushioning than the 1 inch memory foam. I was afraid with his weight, he was going to "bottom out" and feel the hard plastic pan surface under the memory foam etc. Plus he sleeps on his side and needed some cushion for his back against the wire sides of the crate. This mat is perfect !!! It gives him just the right surface without being too squishy/soft and yet is supportive & he has the bolster against his back when he sleeps. I swear I could see him smile when he first laid down on this configuration. Works for him, works for me !!! And the price was right too !

As an aside, I vacuumed this mat first, then tossed it in the dryer on air only to collect any residual "fuzz". Next I washed it in my front loader washing machine and then dried it on low/delicate. So far no shedding at all and it seems to be holding up well too. He is NOT a chewer, thank goodness or I fear this mat would not last etc.
Aug. 8, 2011....Not so happy with this now. Have washed it maybe 4 times and each time the bolster filling migrates to one place and leaves the bolster FLAT....no stuffing....and no way to pull the filling back into the empty bolster area....Would have to take it apart to fix. It has been washed on gentle cycle on a front loader machine. I won't buy this again nor recommend it.

Nov, 2012 - This was thread bare 6-8 mos ago....All the bolster stuffing had shifted to one area so there was effectively no bolster to this product. It was pathetic looking and there was no cushion left. I have since found out there are several makers of this kind of crate bolster. Pay a bit more and get a far superior product that is lasting. I got my last one from Jeffers Pet Supply in Dothan, AL.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pet Bed Expert, June 27, 2007
I work for a Veterinary Hospital and we have the quiet time pet beds in our lobby and exam rooms. The dogs love them. They walk in the door and are immediately drawn to these beds. We tried other dog beds that just weren't as successful or easy to wash like the quiet time beds. I recently purchased two for my home and all of my dogs are fighting over "bed time" on these dog beds. We also discovered that our cats wanted their own beds since they kept trying to lay on the beds for the dogs. I have no idea why they are so popular, but I can tell you that DOGS AND CATS LOVE THESE BEDS!

4.0 out of 5 stars A great product for the price, July 12, 2007
Jean (Freeport, ME) - See all my reviews
We use this pet bed as a liner for the dog's crate. It is definitely soft and fuzzy. As other reviewers have commented, it's easy to vacuum and toss in the washing machine. The bottom of the bed does have some padding, but not quite as much as we would have liked. We ended up buying a foam cushion to put underneath this bed to give the dog a little more comfort in her crate. If you used this bed on a carpeted surface, it might be fine on its own. We just saw the very same bed for sale at our local big-name pet store chain for $45. It's a steal here for less than half that price.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great small-sized bed for all sizes of cats, October 2, 2007
I just reordered two of these beds to replace the ones I have had for the last 5 years. There was nothing wrong with the old beds (and they are now in special hiding areas in the basement), but there comes a point where no amount of vacuuming or washing will remove every last cat hair. My cats deserved a fresh start.

These little beds are so soft and cushy, and the cats love them all year round. It's fun to watch the cats "kneading bread" on the rolled edges while their little faces go into that unknown cat Zen area. I particularly like the shape of these, as they fit very nicely on the bay window sill, so the cats can bathe in as much sunlight as their little bodies can stand. Everyone fits: from our tiny semi-feral little half-pint girl to the formerly stray, huge tomcats. Doesn't matter if they're 6 pounds of 20, it's a nice little bed for all cats.

5.0 out of 5 stars My new shelter rescue dog loves this bed so much---I bought two!, March 21, 2006
This bed is the perfect size for my 25 lb. shelter rescue. It doesn't take up a lot of space in the family room, either. I like the natural color. I also bought one for my upstairs computer room. He enjoys both. I like that the sides aren't too high so he can hang over the edge. And, yet it's not just a flat blanket. It's an actual bed and has a shape. I wish they made this in the exact same width except about 18-19" long, so I can put two side-by-side on the backseat of my car. Oh, well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Washes well with no wear, November 16, 2009
S. Faulk (Sacramento, CA United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I have a Doberman pup and after deciding on a Midwest Crate I got this bed to be a perfect match for the crate while hoping the results would be better than some beds I have purchased in the past. This is the large (42x26) bed and is in the crate with the divider in place which fits fine. The bed is not very thick but my pup goes right in his crate and seems very comfortable on this bed. The rounded soft sides on this bed are really what my dog seems to like. He almost always sleeps with his head propped up on the side or has his neck on the side and his head hanging over. If the sides were any higher I doubt that would be comfortable to him. As far as durability goes, we have washed the bed three times so far in our front loading washer and it looks like brand new, no wear and tear at all. I think this is a great value for putting in a crate.

3.0 out of 5 stars Crate Pad, June 8, 2009
Denise Hatfield (San Dimas, CA United States) - See all my reviews
For the price, this pad was not as thick as I expected it to be. As it is used, it is producing a lot of large lint balls. I don't know if that will stop at some point, but the pad is shedding, which makes me wonder if it will eventually become even thinner.

Midwest 40236 36-By-23-Inch Quiet Time Bolster Pet Bed, Fleece