5.0 out of 5 stars great bed - either with the life stages crate OR on its own!
Published on July 10, 2010 by mango

1.0 out of 5 stars VERY flimsy, not suitable for young dogs
My wife is a veterinarian. We have 5 rescue dogs here right now. We have 5 large beds that we have been using for about a year. We decided to change one out that is looking old and worn. The puppies will chew on the beds, more of a teething motion than attempting to destroy them.
This bed lasted 3 minutes, I am NOT joking.
It arrived and was left at our ranch...
Published on June 30, 2012 by Tex

5.0 out of 5 stars great bed - either with the life stages crate OR on its own!, July 10, 2010
we bought this bed to go with the lifestages crate (they're perfectly sized to fit), and our dog loves it. we've had it for over 2 months now and it's used consistently. whenever we go to the car he hops up into the crate eagerly -- then he either sits down or circles, lays down, and goes to sleep. he didn't always do that before we got this bed (we tried a couple of other options and they seem to provide quite as much comfort).

a plus about this bed for us, is that our dog tends to be a chewer (thankfully not on shoes/furniture/wires, but rather on his own things). we've found that he can't really do much damage to this bed...the worst that happens is that he gets a few fibers out here and there. this bed also seems to be quite durable; just yesterday my boyfriend decided it needed a wash, so he threw it in the washing machine, then the dryer, and it came out fluffy and nice as if we had just bought it (i've heard of some beds practically disintegrating during the washing machine and/or dryer cycle).

if it's any testament to how much we love this bed, we actually bought a second one shortly after the first, to use as his "inside bed" at night (the other one stays in his crate in the car). whenever he sees us getting into bed, he automatically goes and lays down on it (and that's usually where he is when we wake up in the morning as well). highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Midwest Quiet Time Print/Fleece Reversible Pet Bed, September 3, 2011
This review is from: Midwest Quiet Time 23-By-17-Inch Paw Print/Fleece Reversible Pet Bed, Blue (Misc.)
I just realized after almost a whole year that I never posted a review of this product. I rely so heavily on reviews at Amazon before I make purchases, so I feel I should also post when I purchase a product to help others determine if something is of good quality, etc. First let me say my little Lucy, a now 20 month old beagle, is notorious for removing stuffing from all of her toys, and she also had a fleece/lambs wool type bolster bed in her crate, which she also tore apart. I thought I'd give this pet bed a try, as it was more "flat" but still had two distinct sides to it. I figured, well, at least it will be nice for her to sleep on for a month or so, and then she would destroy that as well. I am happy to say that after almost a year's worth of use, the entire bed is intact and washes easily. It takes up very little room in my washer, and I wash it with her other blankets that she uses. It comes out smelling all nice and sure, it still has some bits of dog hair remaining, but then I don't vacuum it, I just shake it out before washing. So for all those folks on the fence about this product, I am here to say it is great, and I was going to order another one, but it is just not needed for now, but when I do get to that point and too many washings, I will reorder it for sure. It fits perfectly inside of an 18 x 24 inch metal crate base, and sometimes I also throw one of her blankets on top of it for extra coziness, but she loves to lay on it either way. I haven't flipped it over to the fleece side ever, the paw print side is always up, as I don't want it to remind her of the toys she has consumed that were made of fleece! Somehow she doesn't seem to bother it and has never chewed on it at all! Hopefully this will help some people decide on what I feel is a very attractive, and certainly durable product!

5.0 out of 5 stars My Dog Loves it!, February 9, 2009
My Shih Tzu loves his crate bed so much he pulls it out of the crate to lay on it in the living room, kitchen, bedroom, office, ect...
It is very good quality I have washed and dried it - it holds up very well! My dog also chews on it - it is very durable. I would recommend it to anyone

5.0 out of 5 stars So soft!, May 11, 2012
My 11 year old golden retriever has hip/joint issues but insists on sleeping on the cold bathroom floor even though I have two ortho beds for her. She has a lot of sinus/allergy issues, so I'm sure the cold helps her breathe better when she sleeps, but it is not good for her joints. I ordered this bed because it wasn't too high (I didn't want something I'd be tripping over every time I went into the bathroom) and the reviews were really good. It was delivered yesterday and as soon as I put it on the floor, my girl laid on it and started rubbing her face on it. It was a sign of happiness. I put it on the bathroom floor and she again laid down and seemed very comfy. However, I did notice that when she got up, I slipped on it because there was no traction. Problem was easily fixed by putting my small bathroom rug underneath it and now it's stable. She seems to really love it. It is soooo soft, I almost want to lay down on it myself. And, it's machine washable and reversible! Great product! Very happy with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent crate bed, October 24, 2009
This bed fits perfectly into my puppies' travel crate. It's comfortable for them and its reversibility makes it easy to deal with minor accidents. It washes well.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT FOR MY GERMAN SHEPPARD PUP, December 14, 2010
After my 7 month old german sheppard "destroyed" his crate bedding, I was in the market for something comfortable & durable. The Midwest Quiet Time Pet Bed offers it all!!! I was very pleased with the quality, very plush & thick. I wanted to curl up on it when it came!! And my sheppard must think the same - he has not tried to tear it up yet. It also fits great in my large crate. Hats off to Midwest!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars VERY flimsy, not suitable for young dogs, June 30, 2012
This bed lasted 3 minutes, I am NOT joking.
It arrived and was left at our ranch gate. I picked it up along with some other boxes. I brought it in to the house and unpacked it and put it on the floor for the dogs. I walked back out to the pickup to get the next box. By the time I walked back in the stuffing was torn out and the fabric torn up. I kid you not.
It went from packaging to trash can in less than 5 minutes. Remember all our other 5 beds lasted a year.
WORST purchase ever.

This is very weak material.

Only buy this for older dogs. Also, the flimsy material means this is likely to wear easily on tiled or hardwood surfaces.

3.0 out of 5 stars bed review, May 6, 2011
My dog loves her new bedding for the crate. I wasn't sure how the puppy would like her new bedding at first, but she took to it immediately. Considering I bought it when the temperatures were still rather cold at night, I believed it helped keep her warmer. Now that the weather is nice, she tends to move it aside and sleep on the floor of her crate. But overall it is a nice bedding for a large crate.

I am only giving it 3 stars because I am a little disappointed in the material. I had to wash it a few times now because my dog has gotten sick due to all the grass she tends to eat while outside. It is washable, which is good, but I have 2 complaints with the washing. First, it is a tight fit in an average size washer. Unfortunately it does not wash adequately because of the size and I tend to need to put it through the washer twice, the first time with one side upwards and the second time with the other side upwards. I was not expecting it to be difficult to wash since the description stated washable. My second complaint is the craftsmen ship of the bedding. I bought the bedding in March, had to wash it twice now, and the seam is ripping apart exposing the bedding material. I really thought this would last more than 2 months without it needing to be fixed. My dog is not a chewer or ripper. She is very well behaved and I am 99% confident she did not rip her bedding (otherwise previous bedding would have been ripped as well as toys, shoes, etc.). For these two reasons I am giving this product 3 stars.

Dog bedding is expensive and one would expect a bed to last longer unless they have a dog that rips and chews.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not durable, February 22, 2011
While it fits the crate perfectly, the material comes apart really easily. Our miniature poodle tore it apart without even trying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great dog bed, January 5, 2011
This bed is perfect for a dog! It's thicker than it looks, and it seems very durable. It holds it's shape well. I have a border collie/lab mix, and she's in love with it. She is black with some brown markings, with long and short hair intermixed... this bed doesn't show the hair that much, which is great for not having to vacuum it constantly. Definitely recommend!

Midwest Quiet Time 23-By-17-Inch Paw Print/Fleece Reversible Pet Bed, Blue